PDA

View Full Version : HERE WE GO SONG and 2011 edition??? ANYONE??

Doogie36
01-20-2011, 02:38 PM
DId they make a new song this year???? ANyone have any good songs to post for this big game coming up??????

LETS GO STEELERS

Crash
01-20-2011, 03:20 PM
[youtube:2jjzqjed]2eVPxvaIzec[/youtube:2jjzqjed]

Doogie36
01-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Thanks Crash!!!

Iron Shiek
01-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Other hype songs/vids:

Black and Yellow...great video...alot of towel waving toward the end...even possible steeler sighting, not sure though.
[youtube:2xrxdbb9]UePtoxDhJSw[/youtube:2xrxdbb9]

(sorry about commercial)

Bratislav anyone?!
[youtube:2xrxdbb9]7yxPf3ZbWPE[/youtube:2xrxdbb9]

Doogie36
01-20-2011, 03:51 PM
My kids have the black and yellow song on everyday in the car and its on REPEAT!!! They always point out that it should be black n gold but oh well!!! Gotta love the towels at the end of the video!!!

The Polka I can do without....LOL

Thanks for posting!!

JAR
01-20-2011, 03:57 PM
My kids have the black and yellow song on everyday in the car and its on REPEAT!!! They always point out that it should be black n gold but oh well!!! Gotta love the towels at the end of the video!!!

Thanks for posting!!

The black and yellow song is about his car, not the Steelers, but since Wiz is from Pittsburgh, everyone thanks its a Steelers song.

costanza2k1
01-20-2011, 04:01 PM

Thanks for posting!!

The black and yellow song is about his car, not the Steelers, but since Wiz is from Pittsburgh, everyone thanks its a Steelers song.

Wiz Khalifa Wants 'Black And Yellow' To Be Steelers' Anthem

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/164971 ... them.jhtml (http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1649713/wiz-khalifa-wants-black-yellow-be-steelers-anthem.jhtml)

Way back in July — right around the same time NFL teams were just starting training camp — Wiz Khalifa dropped by MTV News' RapFix Live to announce that he was signing to Atlantic Records, and tease some of the songs he'd be releasing over the next several months ... one of which was particularly close to his heart.

Wiz hails from Pittsburgh, and as such, he grew up a die-hard Steelers fan. And even though the NFL season was still some two months away, he had already prepped a song called "Black and Yellow" — after the team's menacing color scheme — which he hoped would become the de facto anthem for his hometown squad.

"We got two or three records that we're tossing around; it's just the order of which ones we're gonna put out," Wiz explained. "Right now, there's one that's gonna be real big for Pittsburgh. It's gonna be the Steelers' anthem: It's called 'Black and Yellow.' "

The song leaked at the beginning of September — just in time for kickoff — and finally, on Sunday, a date that just so happened to coincide with the Steelers' bye week, Wiz released the video for "Black and Yellow." The clip shows him performing on the streets of Pittsburgh, wearing a T-shirt emblazoned with the Steelers' Super Bowl championship ring and — of course — waiving the team's ubiquitous Terrible Towel.

It's definitely an anthem for both the Steelers and the Steel City, and with star Steelers' QB Ben Roethlisberger set to rejoin the team this weekend (after a four-game suspension following an allegation of sexual assault), Wiz's timing couldn't have been better. We bet you'll be hearing "Black and Yellow" for the remainder of the 2010 season ... and possibly beyond.

Does Wiz Khalifa's new song have appeal for non-Steelers fans? Sound off in the comments.

grotonsteel
01-20-2011, 04:03 PM

Thanks for posting!!

I like that Black and Yellow song especially the remix version with Snoop Dog...people go crazy on that song in Manhattan club which i visit regularly.....I have to check if they will play that song this weekend though... :twisted:

But it can't be a Steelers song...whichever song has "Yellow" instead of Gold is a big FAIL

aggiebones
01-20-2011, 05:15 PM
Who told you it was for a car. Clearly, he's pimping da Burgh in the song non-stop. Yes, he has a black and yellow car, but that's also a tribute to Pittsburgh.
And the last scene is him with a goofy smile. Not sure he's just not talking about himself. Black with yellow teeth.
I live in DC and my rap days are behind me for the most part, so I'm not familiar with this cat.
I like it though and would love a ring tone to yell black and yellow. That would be sweet and irritate everyone here.

costanza2k1
01-20-2011, 05:40 PM
I like it though and would love a ring tone to yell black and yellow. That would be sweet and irritate everyone here.

I love it! I have that ringtone and my phone cranked all the way up...it is really pissing everyone off as work. I've even called myself a couple of times just to get at them more.

costanza2k1
01-20-2011, 06:28 PM
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/ ... ead40400a0 (http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/AFC-Championship-Game-Pre-Game-Activities/4cb217c7-be2b-4b33-bce2-0cead40400a0)

AFC Championship Game Pre-Game Activities

Posted 1 hour ago

Steelers Announce Pre-Game Activities For AFC Championship Game

PITTSBURGH ? The Steelers are urging fans to be in their seats early for Sunday’s AFC Championship Game against the New York Jets in order to enjoy live entertainment by national music sensations, which will highlight the day’s pre-game festivities. Kickoff is set for 6:30 p.m.

Pittsburgh rapper Wiz Khalifa will perform his hit song, “Black and Yellow”, on the field. MTV recently named Khalifa as the Hottest Breakthrough MC of 2010. Country superstar Martina McBride will sing the national anthem.

At halftime, country music legend Hank Williams Jr. will perform on the South Plaza.

As a tribute to the Steelers’ tremendous fan support, the team will take a special photograph 15 minutes prior to kickoff. The photographer will be on the field taking a panoramic photo of inside the stadium. Once the photo is posted online, fans will be able to zoom in and find themselves in the photo. Fans on Facebook will be able to link the photo to their profile and share with all of their Facebook friends. A digital copy of the photo will be available at http://www.facebook.com/steelers on Monday, Jan. 24.

Local servicemen and women will be honored on the field in a special welcome home ceremony for their service in each branch of the military. A total of 50 local servicemen and women will be recognized.

Billy Gardell, Pittsburgh native and star of the CBS Series, “Mike and Molly”, will lead a Terrible Towel Twirl along with Khalifa prior to kickoff. Zambelli International will then have a fireworks display from Point State Park.

Rocky Bleier and Franco Harris will accompany the Steelers’ team captains for the coin toss and serve as honorary co-captains for the game.

JAR
01-20-2011, 06:37 PM
Who told you it was for a car. Clearly, he's pimping da Burgh in the song non-stop. Yes, he has a black and yellow car, but that's also a tribute to Pittsburgh.
And the last scene is him with a goofy smile. Not sure he's just not talking about himself. Black with yellow teeth.
I live in DC and my rap days are behind me for the most part, so I'm not familiar with this cat.

Do you know the lyrics? The song has nothing to do with the Steelers, fans made it about the Steelers.

Yeah ah ha, you know what it is
everything I do, I do it big
Yeah ah ha, screaming thats nothin
when I pulled out of the lot, thats stuntin
reppin my town when you see me you know everything
Black and yellow, black and yellow
I put it down from my whip to my diamonds

Uh, black stripe, yellow paint
the **** scared of it but them hoes aint
soon as I hit the club look at them hoes face
put the pedal once make the floor shake
suede inside, engine roaring
it’s the big boy you know what I pay for it
and I got the pedal to the metal
got you **** checking game I’m balling out on every level
hear them haters talk but there’s nothing you can tell em
just made a million, got another million on my schedule
no love for em *** breaking hearts
no keys, push the start

grotonsteel
01-20-2011, 07:30 PM

Do you know the lyrics? The song has nothing to do with the Steelers, fans made it about the Steelers.

Yeah ah ha, you know what it is
everything I do, I do it big
Yeah ah ha, screaming thats nothin
when I pulled out of the lot, thats stuntin
reppin my town when you see me you know everything
I put it down from my whip to my diamonds

Uh, black stripe, yellow paint
the **** scared of it but them hoes aint
soon as I hit the club look at them hoes face
put the pedal once make the floor shake
suede inside, engine roaring
it’s the big boy you know what I pay for it
and I got the pedal to the metal
got you **** checking game I’m balling out on every level
hear them haters talk but there’s nothing you can tell em
just made a million, got another million on my schedule
no love for em *** breaking hearts
no keys, push the start

No way Rooneys approve this song...too many N-word, B-words,lesbians,Weed in the lyrics.. ...Any song with Black and "YELLOW" is a fail.

But i love this song....already downloaded the ringtone....pump it up...

RuthlessBurgher
01-20-2011, 07:48 PM
I hate the "Black and Yellow" song like stlrz_d hates "Renegade"...sorry.

They should play "Drink Up, Yinz B!tches" instead. :Beer :Cheers

[youtube:21nrsum8]c71vZEbrWi4[/youtube:21nrsum8]

MeetJoeGreene
01-20-2011, 11:23 PM
BTW... I use the utility at this site to download/convert you tube into formats that you can put on ipod or other portable device.

It also has an option of (once downloaded) to convert and keep only the sound (MP3 format)... makes it handy if you want to play it on a ipod or burn a CD.

http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/

Djfan
01-21-2011, 12:01 AM
MJG, would you send me the mp3?

hugh (at) anewsong.com

fordfixer
01-21-2011, 12:31 AM
BTW... I use the utility at this site to download/convert you tube into formats that you can put on ipod or other portable device.

It also has an option of (once downloaded) to convert and keep only the sound (MP3 format)... makes it handy if you want to play it on a ipod or burn a CD.

AkronSteel
01-21-2011, 01:35 AM

Thanks MJG....been looking for something like this!!! Completely appreciate it!!!

MeetJoeGreene
01-21-2011, 06:03 PM
MJG, would you send me the mp3?

hugh (at) anewsong.com

i sent it but fat fingered the address. will send again later.

NJ-STEELER
01-21-2011, 06:18 PM

Thanks for posting!!

I like that Black and Yellow song especially the remix version with Snoop Dog...people go crazy on that song in Manhattan club which i visit regularly.....I have to check if they will play that song this weekend though... :twisted:

But it can't be a Steelers song...whichever song has "Yellow" instead of Gold is a big FAIL

it had a great recption in orlando while i was down there for New years eve

Djfan
01-21-2011, 08:39 PM
Thanks MJG!! Got it! Blasting it!!

NJ-STEELER
01-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Wiz Khalifa will give a high profile performance of his hit single "Black and Yellow" to open this Sunday's NFL AFC Championship game between The New York Jets and Wiz' hometown team, the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Wiz will perform "Black and Yellow" in front of 65,000 Steelers fans at Pittsburgh's Heinz Field on January 23rd, just as the hit single closes in on the 2 million mark in sales.

"I've always had that Pittsburgh pride," Wiz Khalifa said. "I just wanted to let people know where I'm from and represent any way I can and what better way than through our colors. I took that hometown pride and put it in a song."

The rapper was ecstatic with the momentum of his career since the success of "Black and Yellow," which has been remixed by a variety of artists, including Snoop Dogg, The Game, Rick Ross, Young Jeezy, Juicy J., T-Pain, Jim Jones and others.

"It's gonna be crazy man. It's gonna be really monumental to see everyone out there. Knowing where I grew up and everyone rockin' in the same place," Wiz Khalifa continued. "This is the closest to being a Steeler that I'm gonna get."

RuthlessBurgher
01-21-2011, 09:44 PM
"I've always had that Pittsburgh pride," Wiz Khalifa said. "I just wanted to let people know where I'm from and represent any way I can and what better way than through our colors. I took that hometown pride and put it in a song."

It's a good idea to learn what our colors actually are before writing the song, you jackwagon.

[youtube:24eskq95]tcEf3Ihjibc[/youtube:24eskq95]

[youtube:24eskq95]zB4mY9efq6s[/youtube:24eskq95]