PDA

View Full Version : Ty Law's Comments on Heinz Field

flippy
01-20-2011, 10:50 AM
Says that CBs like Revis that press won't have as many problems on HF as guys that play with a cushion.

Just got me thinking. Would we be better off playing press coverage at Heinz. Given WR footing, it would make it even harder for those guys to get into their routes and would help our pass rush.

Maybe this has been what Lebeau's been thinking about in terms of having Troy as a single high safety. Does that mean he doesn't trust Clark as much in that role?

And I guess we have to be happy that Clark is smart enough to know Troy's position. And last week he made some major plays in that role. If this new defense carries us to the SuperBowl, Clark deserves a major kudos for his positional flexibility that enabled this new defense.

Looking ahead, I wonder if we'll run a similar defense against GB or Chicago. Chicago runs a lot of single high safety from what I've seen of them recently. So their offense and GBs offense should both be better prepared for this defense come the SuperBowl.

The key to executing for the next 2 games will be Troy's speed/range which is way greater than any other safety. Although he's limited with his foot. And the other key is can Ryan continue to make plays like he did last week?

lambertslunatics
01-20-2011, 10:57 AM
I thought they just resodded with fresh grass last week?? Is there a link, Ty Law is saying that the grass could pose as a "problem"?

SidSmythe
01-20-2011, 10:57 AM
whoa Flippy, that's some heavy stuff right there.

I don't think the field was that bad last week w the new turf.

With B-mac in pain, i don't see us pressing, but I do see us pressuring Sanchez and getting a few picks

flippy
01-20-2011, 11:08 AM
ty was talking about the field in general over the years. not specifically the resodded field from last week. i heard him on espn.

he said the field has always been crap. worst ever. and that's why he broke his foot on it.

feltdizz
01-20-2011, 11:26 AM
Sanchez throws high early in games and when pressured...

I hope Clark and Troy take advantage.

sentinel33
01-20-2011, 12:33 PM
ty law=whiner. it's football for petes sake. both teams have to play in it. geez. cant stand complainers.
you dont here steelers players crying about artificial turf and how they can rip a ligament up soo easy on that surface.

JAR
01-20-2011, 12:48 PM
ty law=whiner. it's football for petes sake. both teams have to play in it. geez. cant stand complainers.
you dont here steelers players crying about artificial turf and how they can rip a ligament up soo easy on that surface.

There are a lot of fans who whine about the field too. It's football, it's made to be played outside on the grass, not sissy turf. Of the 4 teams left, only one plays on turf... the Jets.