PDA

View Full Version : 4th and 1 sneak

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-20-2011, 12:25 AM
[youtube:2c1s02n1]Epx1dXu7uiU[/youtube:2c1s02n1]

I haven't seen this play on the glitzy NFL or Steeler sites, but it's pretty good quality video here.

The BS by Coach Hairball throwing the "Oops, sorry, don't know why I threw that" flag has been well discussed on this forum already, so I'll just say "F* him".

But watching this time, I remember now how pissed off I was watching the refs get in the middle of the OL to prevent the Steelers from getting a play off quickly and catching the Cave-ins unprepared.

Why would they impede the Steelers like that? I was thinking, "What, did Goodell call that into the refs, to impede the Steelers"? I thought my head was going to explode during the game at that time.

Does anyone have a reasonable explanation why the refs would give the Cave-ins a chance to line up properly like that?

papillon
01-20-2011, 12:39 AM
First thing is there wasn't any reason for a challenge flag to be thrown; Brown was clearly short and the referees had the spot correct. The Ravens (or any team) should be charged a timeout and no substitutions should be allowed to be made.

I guess if you believe that you can't win the game mano-a-mano then you have to pull out the mickey mouse bag of tricks and pixey dust to try and win. Here's to Harbaugh :moon He's a :loser

Pappy

ikestops85
01-20-2011, 11:18 AM
I have no problem with what Harbaugh did. It was smart in my book. I'd like to see us do the same if the situation was reversed.

I admire players/coaches that pay attention to the little details that helps the team win. We don't do that as often as we should. Manning catching defenses with 12 men on the field ... smart play. Brady getting his team up to the line of scrimmage so a play can't be reviewed ... smart play. The Jets having a lot of little injuries that slowed the Patriots down ... smart play. Ben pretending to draw the Ravens offsides and then going for it ... smart play.

We just need to do all of those things. Especially not celebrating after a potential reviewable big play and getting the next play off. That is a pet peeve of mine. Especially on a TD play I think the FG team needs to be immediately sent on the field and kick the extra point. Why huddle? Just line up and kick it before a hundred angles of a play can be looked at. I know it's a little thing but it can cost you the game.

feltdizz
01-20-2011, 11:31 AM
I have no problem with what Harbaugh did. It was smart in my book. I'd like to see us do the same if the situation was reversed.

I admire players/coaches that pay attention to the little details that helps the team win. We don't do that as often as we should. Manning catching defenses with 12 men on the field ... smart play. Brady getting his team up to the line of scrimmage so a play can't be reviewed ... smart play. The Jets having a lot of little injuries that slowed the Patriots down ... smart play. Ben pretending to draw the Ravens offsides and then going for it ... smart play.

We just need to do all of those things. Especially not celebrating after a potential reviewable big play and getting the next play off. That is a pet peeve of mine. Especially on a TD play I think the FG team needs to be immediately sent on the field and kick the extra point. Why huddle? Just line up and kick it before a hundred angles of a play can be looked at. I know it's a little thing but it can cost you the game.

I've never understood how teams rush up to the LOS after a reviewable play and actually call out signals instead of hiking the ball.