PDA

View Full Version : NFL Playbook - Ravens game

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-20-2011, 12:17 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/baltimore-rav ... lers-recap (http://www.nfl.com/videos/baltimore-ravens/09000d5d81dc54a7/Playbook-Ravens-vs-Steelers-recap)

Is it possible to get too much of that game?

Not until Sunday, for me!!

papillon
01-20-2011, 12:52 AM
I like listening to guys like Baldinger break down the design of a play and then show you what the defense did wrong and why a specific play worked.

Pappy

NorthCoast
01-20-2011, 01:49 PM
They played the rerun of the Pitt-Balt game last night.

What I saw: on almost all of Ben's big pass plays it was a 3-man rush. Makes me wonder whether Ryan will do the opposite and bring the heat all night long to try and force a mistake. When Ben had the time, he was deadly.

YoungMoneyCrew
01-20-2011, 01:54 PM
Blitz Big Ben at your own peril. He makes his biggest plays when he avoids the rush and improvises. Also Ben has been doing a much better job of using his check-downs of late. I hope the try to blitz him. It would be a mistake IMO.

ghettoscott
01-20-2011, 06:21 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/baltimore-rav ... s-Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/videos/baltimore-ravens/09000d5d81dcbd71/Sound-FX-Ravens-vs-Steelers)

the sound FX bit is pretty effin sweet... Coach said he didnt want anyone looking in the rear view mirror throwing dirt on that dead body.

nice. :Beer

NorthCoast
01-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Blitz Big Ben at your own peril. He makes his biggest plays when he avoids the rush and improvises. Also Ben has been doing a much better job of using his check-downs of late. I hope the try to blitz him. It would be a mistake IMO.

yeah...a brash thing to say, but the fact is relentless pass rush has beaten Ben in the past. there is only so much a QB can do before he makes a mistake. I look for the Jets to blitz early and often with tight man-coverage. they have the players to do it, so we should not be surprised when it happens. i think Heath Miller will be the key in this game. clear out the underneath with our speedy WRs and send M & M (Mendy & Miller) out for the short stuff.

YoungMoneyCrew
01-20-2011, 08:44 PM

yeah...a brash thing to say, but the fact is relentless pass rush has beaten Ben in the past. there is only so much a QB can do before he makes a mistake. I look for the Jets to blitz early and often with tight man-coverage. they have the players to do it, so we should not be surprised when it happens. i think Heath Miller will be the key in this game. clear out the underneath with our speedy WRs and send M & M (Mendy & Miller) out for the short stuff.

I agree that heath, sanders, and brown will play a huge role in this game with the underneath routes. Who is the Jets 3rd CB?

Sugar
01-20-2011, 09:44 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/baltimore-ravens/09000d5d81dcbd71/Sound-FX-Ravens-vs-Steelers

the sound FX bit is pretty effin sweet... Coach said he didnt want anyone looking in the rear view mirror throwing dirt on that dead body.

nice. :Beer

That was sweet! I really like watching all the footage of Tomlin on the sideline. He's pretty entertaining.

RuthlessBurgher
01-21-2011, 12:13 AM

I agree that heath, sanders, and brown will play a huge role in this game with the underneath routes. Who is the Jets 3rd CB?

They drafted Kyle Wilson out of Boise St. in the first round of the last draft, but I believe that they are still using Drew Coleman as their nickel corner at this point.

hawaiiansteel
01-21-2011, 02:09 AM
Bisciotti: Steelers Have ‘That Confidence’

Posted by Ryan Mink on Thursday, January 20th, 2011

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/20_Bisciotti3_News.jpg

What’s it going to take for the Ravens to get past the Steelers?

Ravens Owner Steve Bisciotti believes it has to do with confidence.

“They have that confidence,” Bisciotti said. “They have those two Super Bowl trophies in the last five years, so they have the confidence. Does confidence beget success? Yeah, it does in a lot of situations. They’re there, we’re not. We’ve got to get there. When we get there, we’re going to be more confident.

“They make the extra play. That’s what championship teams do. We’re not there yet. They are.”

The Ravens have beaten the Steelers twice in eight chances during the Head Coach John Harbaugh era. Baltimore has been knocked out of the playoffs by their AFC North rivals twice during that time.

On Monday, Harbaugh said he thinks the Ravens have outplayed the Steelers “most of the time we’ve played them.”

This season, the rivalry came down to several critical plays – as it most often does. In the regular season, there was the touchdown pass to T.J. Houshmandzadeh, then the Troy Polamalu unblocked blitz and fumble. In their divisional meeting, three third quarter turnovers doomed the Ravens after they took a 14-point lead into halftime.

General Manager Ozzie Newsome was asked how close the Ravens are to being Super Bowl champions.

“I’d say three turnovers in the third quarter in Pittsburgh,” Newsome said. “If it wasn’t for them, we’d be playing this weekend with the opportunity to go to the Super Bowl.”

Instead, the Steelers are in search of their seventh Super Bowl title in team history. Their six championships already lead the NFL.

“[They are] the gold standard,” Bisciotti said. “We’re trying. We’re trying to be there, and we’re close. They don’t take us lightly. So, we’ve got their attention.”

Bisciotti still indicated his overall pleasure about the season. He said the goal at the end of last year was to be one of the “elite teams.”

Well, in college basketball terminology (a sport Bisciotti is very passionate about), the Ravens reached the elite eight for the third straight season.

“That is the cream of the NFL – that gets to the final eight – and only one of those eight teams are going to go on a three-game winning streak at that point,” Bisciotti said, noting the low statistical probability of being that team.

“I want to be in that eight every year. Is it realistic? No. It really isn’t. It’s not realistic, but we’re going to keep on trying, because that’s our goal as a partnership here, is to try and give us a chance every year.”

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2011/01/20/bisciotti-steelers-have-that-confidence/