PDA

View Full Version : This talk of "closing off the stadium" ...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-19-2011, 08:52 PM
What exactly do people mean? Any pics or anything?

Thanks -

JAR
01-19-2011, 08:59 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWJzegtrwQ2wRdrRDNbg8CwNhocNgNs q_n2ngMIU1s5xxOANc6

They want to fill in the empty sections between the bleachers and sides of the stadium. The other end, where the scoreboard is will still be open.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-20-2011, 01:10 AM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWJzegtrwQ2wRdrRDNbg8CwNhocNgNs q_n2ngMIU1s5xxOANc6

They want to fill in the empty sections between the bleachers and sides of the stadium. The other end, where the scoreboard is will still be open.

Thanks for that, JAR.

You mean the little triangle shaped empty space in the center right of your picture, sort of the "corner" of the stadium, right?

Are there 2 of those (assuming they're not going to fill in where the scoreboard is, like you said)? Are they going to fill in both?

Thanks -

Crash
01-20-2011, 01:20 AM
The second section of seats under the Golden Arches and the UPMC sign are added from the winter classic. The permanent seats added by 2012 will be in that same section.

The first section of seats right behind the goal post have always been there.

[youtube:nxqosngy]DNuh3MioLgU[/youtube:nxqosngy]

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-20-2011, 01:32 AM
The second section of seats under the Golden Arches and the UPMC sign are added from the winter classic. The permanent seats added by 2012 will be in that same section.

The first section of seats right behind the goal post have always been there.

[youtube:hlb3a674]DNuh3MioLgU[/youtube:hlb3a674]

Thanks, Crash.

That doesn't seem like it would make the stadium that much louder, though! And I'm not able to match that pic with JAR's ... I guess that means maybe multiple parts are being built.

BUT ... Crash, that vid is AWESOME!!! Great find - Renegade, B'more Cave-in Version!! Thanks!!!

Crash
01-20-2011, 01:51 AM
The seats I showed are to the left in JAR's pic in the end zone.

See that little section that looks like a walkway in JAR's pic between the seats on the sides and in the end zone? They added two little club sections below it on each side of the end zone seats a couple years ago.

JAR
01-20-2011, 09:58 AM

See that little section that looks like a walkway in JAR's pic between the seats on the sides and in the end zone? They added two little club sections below it on each side of the end zone seats a couple years ago.

and I thought they were planning on completely closing those sections in along with adding the seats below the scoreboard..

Oviedo
01-20-2011, 10:02 AM

and I thought they were planning on completely closing those sections in along with adding the seats below the scoreboard..

That's what I though too. They need to close the south end of the stadium. That would make the noise in the stadium unbelieveable.

JAR
01-20-2011, 10:20 AM

That's what I though too. They need to close the south end of the stadium. That would make the noise in the stadium unbelieveable.

I don't think they ever will because of the view.

Oviedo
01-20-2011, 10:42 AM

View of what. A broken fountain that hasn't worked in years. Who in the stadium can really see anything through that open end?

JTP53609
01-20-2011, 11:00 AM

View of what. A broken fountain that hasn't worked in years. Who in the stadium can really see anything through that open end?

the fountain works, it just is not on during the winter time for obvious reasons. Besides, it is a nice view of Mt. Warshington (said it like a yinzer) and it look awesome at night with the bridges and some of the buildings being able to be seen.
However, I think closing up the stadium would be cool.
I know we are spoiled, but the biggest problem is the yellow seats, they are not bad at the closed end because they are bleachers and unnoticeable, but the yellow seats in the stadium are putrid, I wish they were gray like the middle sections of the stadium. It would look much better if the seat colors were reversed with the majority being grey and the middle being yellow instead of the way it is now. I just drive by the stadium every day and see those yellow seats and I am the biggest yinzer, but they are putrid.

pittpete
01-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Nothing was louder than 3 Rivers...
I say close it up all around and give complimentary earplugs out at every game :wink:

JAR
01-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Nothing was louder than 3 Rivers...
I say close it up all around and give complimentary earplugs out at every game :wink:

The reason 3 rivers was so loud was because of the metal flooring on the lower retractable seats. Everyone stomping their feet on that made a ton of noise.