PDA

View Full Version : LT says...

SteelerNation1
01-19-2011, 08:24 PM
http://www.timmons94.com/2011/01/19/...afc-title-game

Timmons blog from his website
Back in the AFC Title Game

Written by Lawrence Timmons Wednesday January 19 2011

It feels great to be back in the AFC Championship Game. I just feel like we worked so hard all season to get this far. We had some tough points, like the first four games, and most people probably didnít think we could make it this far. We overcame a lot of adversity, and that just goes to show what type of team we have. This team sticks together and fights as one. Thatís what makes us so tough.

We beat the Ravens on a big stage and I think I will always remember how loud the fans were that game. It was the loudest game Iíve ever played in. After every play, the fans showed how much they care. Iím sure it was tough for Baltimore to hear their plays called. And to beat another AFC North team is always a big deal, especially the fashion in which we did it, down 21-7. That victory just shows that with a strong will, anything is possible.

Now weíve got the Jets and thatís a whole new challenge. Itís nice that the road to the lwoB repuS goes through Pittsburgh. Weíd much rather play the game here than take it on the road. Both us and the Jets have been kind of underdogs this season, I donít think either team was expected to get this far. Both teams have a lot to prove. It will be a hard fought battle, a defensive battle. Not a lot of points will be scored and the defenses will decide this one. Thatís the kind of game we love to be in.

Our key is definitely to stop the running game. Theyíre not really going to let Sanchez do too much. Heíll get the ball out of his hands quick, throw screens, pitches and short routes. Their offense depends on the running backs LaDainian Tomlinson and Shonn Greene, we have to shut those guys down. If we shut them down, we should win the game. We know that if everyone just does their job and nobody tries to do too much, weíll be fine.

Getting this far is also great for the city of Pittsburgh. It really does a lot for the city, especially on game days when sales are boosted in Steelers stores and restaurants by the stadium. Itís a big deal for the city. To get to another lwoB repuS with six championships already, that would be incredible.

For me, I just think itís a blessing to be in my fourth year, already have a lwoB repuS and be back in the AFC Championship Game. Who wouldíve thought after we were predicted to go 1-3 or 0-4 through our first four games? Itís a great accomplishment and just goes to show you how great the Pittsburgh Steelers franchise is.

SidSmythe
01-19-2011, 08:29 PM
http://www.timmons94.com/2011/01/19/...afc-title-game

Timmons blog from his website
Back in the AFC Title Game

Written by Lawrence Timmons Wednesday January 19 2011

It feels great to be back in the AFC Championship Game. I just feel like we worked so hard all season to get this far. We had some tough points, like the first four games, and most people probably didnít think we could make it this far. We overcame a lot of adversity, and that just goes to show what type of team we have. This team sticks together and fights as one. Thatís what makes us so tough.

We beat the Ravens on a big stage and I think I will always remember how loud the fans were that game. It was the loudest game Iíve ever played in. After every play, the fans showed how much they care. Iím sure it was tough for Baltimore to hear their plays called. And to beat another AFC North team is always a big deal, especially the fashion in which we did it, down 21-7. That victory just shows that with a strong will, anything is possible.

Now weíve got the Jets and thatís a whole new challenge. Itís nice that the road to the lwoB repuS goes through Pittsburgh. Weíd much rather play the game here than take it on the road. Both us and the Jets have been kind of underdogs this season, I donít think either team was expected to get this far. Both teams have a lot to prove. It will be a hard fought battle, a defensive battle. Not a lot of points will be scored and the defenses will decide this one. Thatís the kind of game we love to be in.

Our key is definitely to stop the running game. Theyíre not really going to let Sanchez do too much. Heíll get the ball out of his hands quick, throw screens, pitches and short routes. Their offense depends on the running backs LaDainian Tomlinson and Shonn Greene, we have to shut those guys down. If we shut them down, we should win the game. We know that if everyone just does their job and nobody tries to do too much, weíll be fine.

Getting this far is also great for the city of Pittsburgh. It really does a lot for the city, especially on game days when sales are boosted in Steelers stores and restaurants by the stadium. Itís a big deal for the city. To get to another lwoB repuS with six championships already, that would be incredible.

For me, I just think itís a blessing to be in my fourth year, already have a lwoB repuS and be back in the AFC Championship Game. Who wouldíve thought after we were predicted to go 1-3 or 0-4 through our first four games? Itís a great accomplishment and just goes to show you how great the Pittsburgh Steelers franchise is.

SidSmythe was helping!!!!!

RuthlessBurgher
01-19-2011, 08:46 PM
I was expecting to hear that Tomlinson was mouthing off...not Timmons' blog. :|

And is the NFL so uptight that Timmons has to spell Super Bowl backwards in order to not violate NFL copyright infringement (I hate when ads have to refer to it as "The Big Game" if they aren't an official NFL sponsor).

jj28west
01-19-2011, 08:50 PM
Seems like a good kid. I wish someone pi$$ed him off during the game because the combo of speed & power like that could turn him into a gamebreaker like James.

Did they close off the stadium? This I would think makes a huge difference in acoustics if this is to be permanent.

sentinel33
01-19-2011, 09:26 PM
maybe timmons doesnt want to jinx anything so he writes the words super bowl backwards. idk

Chadman
01-19-2011, 09:36 PM
He's such a massive bust....can't believe he got drafted!!

:stirpot :D

Irongut
01-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Timmons is an absolute beast, a physical freak. He entered the league very raw and I stated then he would need time but would have a Troy Polamalu level of impact on the team when he got it. It's taken longer than I expected but I still think he'll be an absolute force. Teams have already started gameplanning against him and altering their blocking to make sure he is accounted for. He'll be one of, if not the, best ILB in the game shortly.

Crash
01-19-2011, 09:56 PM
Timmons is an absolute beast, a physical freak. He entered the league very raw and I stated then he would need time but would have a Troy Polamalu level of impact on the team when he got it

What you stated was that if he was available when we picked that you wanted (and thought) Tomlin to take Paul Posluszny over him.

Nice try.

eniparadoxgma
01-19-2011, 09:57 PM
He's such a massive bust....can't believe he got drafted!!

:stirpot :D

I'm pretty sure I was the first to declare him a bust, thank you very much.

I waited until a few minutes after he was drafted at least. :tt2

Crash
01-19-2011, 10:04 PM
LT is a good dude. Heck he even went to the CEC for Pens games. :)

Irongut
01-19-2011, 10:46 PM
Timmons is an absolute beast, a physical freak. He entered the league very raw and I stated then he would need time but would have a Troy Polamalu level of impact on the team when he got it

What you stated was that if he was available when we picked that you wanted (and thought) Tomlin to take Paul Posluszny over him.

Nice try.

I stated Poz would be a more immediate contributor but Timmons had a higher upside.

I liked both players.

July 27th, 2007, the day he signed,

Timmons has a high upside but his experience(lack there of) will likely make him a special teams player this year with very little defensive impact.

Over time, I hope he develops into a top player, much like the way Troy did for us but I don't expect much else but special teams this year.

Try again.

Crash
01-19-2011, 11:04 PM
I stated Poz would be a more immediate contributor but Timmons had a higher upside.

You wanted Poz at #15. Period.

Irongut
01-19-2011, 11:27 PM

You wanted Poz at #15. Period.

I had both rated in my top 20. I wanted Joe Staley over either of them, then Poz, then Timmons. The reason I wanted Poz over Timmons was the experience and immediate impact. Timmons I knew would take time.

Next!

Chadman
01-19-2011, 11:41 PM
Well- this just proves the FO don't take immediate instructions from Irongut.

Can't believe they didn't use his personal wishes as a guide to whom they should draft.

The bastards.

Irongut
01-19-2011, 11:43 PM
Well- this just proves the FO don't take immediate instructions from Irongut.

Can't believe they didn't use his personal wishes as a guide to whom they should draft.

The bastards.
The last two years they took whom I wanted.

aggiebones
01-20-2011, 11:12 AM
I find it hard to believe that Crash is hammering on an erroneous statement that someone else made here. And it was only a partial error. He still liked Timmons, just not for an immediate impact.

I thought the same thing last year, when I preferred Bulaga. I liked all 3 OL, including the G that SF picked, but thought we were more desperate at T and could find a good C in another year with a later pick.
Love Pouncey now though Bulaga has played well also.

Shall we examine all of Crash's ridiculous comments over the last couple years? lol
It would take days and I don't feel like hitting my head on a wall all day long.

ikestops85
01-20-2011, 11:32 AM
I don't know anyone on this site that has been perfect in player evaluation and if anybody has been please see Colbert, Kevin for an employment application.

It's nice when we back the right horse but we often don't. Who cares? If the guy is a Steeler we want him to succeed whether we thought he would be good or not. :tt2 :tt2