PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com: Who has the edge? -- overall Jets

PSU_dropout43
01-19-2011, 03:35 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... ule=HP_cp2 (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81dc574f/article/jets-have-confidence-talent-to-give-steelers-cause-for-concern?module=HP_cp2)

brothervad
01-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Good...Steelers love this kinda crap.

I love the logic because how they shut down Brady/Manning...they will shut Ben down.

Man if that ain't apples to oranges...at least Kurt Warner aknowledged Ben ain't the same animal and will be hard for the Jets to neutralize.

I love how Tomlinson is going to have an edge vs Mendenhall...Jesus H. didn't they just see the season that played out?

didn't the Steelers basically have lowest yards per game in like forever?

F'it

Please beat 45-3 and shut these clowns up once and for all Steelers...

brothervad

NW Steeler
01-19-2011, 04:00 PM
I don't like how the media keeps saying that the Ravens handed us the game. They had 26 yards of offense in the second half! 26!!! Whose defense was on the field? Who forced the turnovers? Didn't we do them the same favor in the first half? Just STFU already!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-19-2011, 04:02 PM
I would like to complain about the media portrayal of the Jets as superior to the Men of Steel.

There isn't nearly ENOUGH of that to make me happy!

The more of that cr*p they spew, the better odds for us, IMO.

So come on guys and gals in the media ... surely you can do some more Janointing!!!

Leper Friend
01-19-2011, 04:04 PM
"The Ravens gave away a victory through a complete meltdown that looked mostly of their own doing"

I love that part.How come when the Ravens turn the ball over it's their own doing ? When the steelers turned it over , it was great Baltimore defense.

Never mind the fact that Suggs' caused fumble should have been a personal foul and Mendenhall basically just dropped the ball in a pile , kind of his own doing , no ?

Ryan Clark makes 2 great plays but that is Baltimore self destructing.Not hypocritical at all. :roll:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-19-2011, 04:13 PM
"The Ravens gave away a victory through a complete meltdown that looked mostly of their own doing"

I love that part.How come when the Ravens turn the ball over it's their own doing ? When the steelers turned it over , it was great Baltimore defense.

Never mind the fact that Suggs' caused fumble should have been a personal foul and Mendenhall basically just dropped the ball in a pile , kind of his own doing , no ?
Ryan Clark makes 2 great plays but that is Baltimore self destructing.Not hypocritical at all. :roll:

No!!

KEMO kicked the ball out of Mendy's arm, with his elbow, I believe.

And THAT is what makes the Ravens defense great!!!!!

:Blah :Blah :roll: :roll:

(All that cr*p aimed at sportswriters, rodisgod, not you, your post was right on, IMO. Thanks!)

Leper Friend
01-19-2011, 04:29 PM

No!!

(All that cr*p aimed at sportswriters, rodisgod, not you, your post was right on, IMO. Thanks!)
I guess the Ravens D is so great that they don't just strip the ball , they slam lineman into running backs to strip it.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-19-2011, 04:39 PM

No!!

I guess the Ravens D is so great that they don't just strip the ball , they slam lineman into running backs to strip it.

:lol: :lol:

skyhawk
01-19-2011, 04:55 PM
Jeez, I am just so sick of it all. What do the Steelers have to do?? :HeadBanger

Let's not forget the Steelers' playoff experience. No mention of that?

I seriously wanna put pads on RIGHT NOW and hit someone!!!

StarSpangledSteeler
01-19-2011, 05:00 PM
We should seriously consider drafting a few "media darlings", just for the sake of winning over the media. The best looking, best talking, best dressing, funniest, high-light reel college guys we can find. We don't even have to play them that much. Just have them do national commercials and let our blue collar guys do the dirty work.

LordVile
01-19-2011, 05:10 PM
yeah, this crap :moon they spew is pretty disgusting. :Blah I couldn't agree more with all the previous posts on here. Let us be the HATED underdogs in their eyes. Men of Steel will thrive and survive.
:Steel :tt2

skyhawk
01-19-2011, 05:21 PM
Then again, this is what happens every year when the Steelers are serious contenders. We should be used to it by now.

We know something is wrong when we are favored :wink:

ikestops85
01-19-2011, 05:40 PM
I try not to worry about this stuff. I'm sure people on the Jet's forums are complaining about stories that favor the Steelers. As long as we win I don't give a sh!t.

NW Steeler
01-19-2011, 06:03 PM
I try not to worry about this stuff. I'm sure people on the Jet's forums are complaining about stories that favor the Steelers. As long as we win I don't give a sh!t.

Excellent point. Thanks for straightening me out!

Sugar
01-19-2011, 06:25 PM
I saw this too. It doesn't bug me too much because even if they were right about the categories, the team is more than the sum of it's parts.

This Jets team is very hungry after being oh-so-close last year and won't be easy to beat. That said, I'm confident that if both teams played their best, the Steelers would win.

Just hoping we play our best! :tt2

DukieBoy
01-19-2011, 07:02 PM
It's about the money, exciting a 27 million person market in metro NY.
I love this for the bulletin board fodder --- the Steelers will play with a huge chip on their shoulder.

Tomlinator
01-19-2011, 07:23 PM
I saw this too. It doesn't bug me too much because even if they were right about the categories, the team is more than the sum of it's parts.

This Jets team is very hungry after being oh-so-close last year and won't be easy to beat. That said, I'm confident that if both teams played their best, the Steelers would win.

Just hoping we play our best! :tt2

I'm with you - it doesn't bug me at all.

What does bother me is the complete lack of actual analysis that spews forth from these people. They get paid to watch and talk exclusively about football, something a lot of us would love to be able to do.

Yet they give practically no insight and provide so little of anything. Rex Ryan has the "edge" over tomlin in coaching? Why?

There's only two games left, it can't be that hard to focus on matchups. I doubt many of us could present this "depth" of info they provided in the link at our jobs and still stay employed.

This is why I mute the talking heads. Pathetic. Sorry about the rant.