PDA

View Full Version : OT: Wow...just WOW! Al Davis Press Conference Highlights

Iron Shiek
01-19-2011, 01:22 PM
This is absolutely amazing some of these comments are ridiculous. I'm glad the Rooneys have never held a PC like any of Al's. He is looking pretty terrible also, hope he's okay.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/19/ten-more-highlights-from-the-epic-al-davis-press-conference/

Ten more highlights from the epic Al Davis press conference
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 19, 2011, 9:37 AM EST
Al Davis

We need more Al Davis press conferences in our lives. For all the jokes made at his expense lately, he’s one of the 5-10 most important figures in American professional football history. He doesn’t speak often, but he’s absolutely fascinating when he does.

We’ve already gone over some of his scathing words about Tom Cable and Hue Jackson’s promise to win the AFC West, but there was too much fun stuff otherwise to ignore.

Here’s a sample, with a big assist to Jerry McDonald at the Oakland Tribune and David White of the San Francisco Chronicle:

1. Davis on beating Lane Kiffin in arbitration: “I beat him because he lied. He’s a liar.” (Davis called him “Lance” Kiffin at one point. He also called Cam Newton “Kim” Newton.)

2. Davis said Cable would have been fired after the season even if the team made he playoffs because of his off-field problems. The Raiders owner crushed Cable for saying “We’re not losers anymore.” It was pretty obvious Davis saw Jackson as a potential head coach the moment they hired him.

3. A reporter asked Davis about the efficacy of the team’s background checks considering Kiffin and Cable’s history: “We’re very bad at it,” Davis said. Awesome.

4. In an upset, the line of the day went to Jackson: “What Tom Cable is as a football coach is an exceptional line coach.” (Ouch.)

5. Davis on JaMarcus Russell: “JaMarcus is gone. I decided we no longer as an organization to fight the battle of personal problems with certain players. . . . JaMarcus hurt. Any time you lose a first-round draft choice it hurts. But it’s over.”

6. Tom Cable’s old zone blocking scheme is gone. Davis hinted that Jackson faced “resistance” on some offensive changes in 2010.

7. Jackson cited Jon Gruden as one of his biggest influences: “He was like, what’s his name? Gruden,” Davis said. “Gruden was like that — feisty, he could lead the defense. But they are different, definitely, Hue Jackson and Jon Gruden.”

8. Davis wasn’t too worried about the support for Tom Cable in the locker room and found punter Shane Lechler’s comments amusing. He noted Lechler once said he was leaving town just before signing a huge deal to stay in Oakland.

9. On Nnamdi Asomugha: Davis wants to keep him, but indicated he wouldn’t have picked up the option in the cornerback’s contract: “That 17 million dollars can bring you two or three players that can help you win.’’

10. Davis said he hired a front office member to help him more than a year ago that has already left. “One worked here about eight months and you people didn’t even know he was working here,” Davis said.

proudpittsburgher
01-19-2011, 01:51 PM
Yea, that's what I took out of that on NFLN, he is a spitting image of the cript keeper. Man, he looks awful. It's sad really, you would think that amount of money and power he has would afford him some help in that area. He looks like a homeless guy. Seriously. I have to think there is something of a mental problem with him.

hawaiiansteel
01-19-2011, 02:47 PM
man, Al Davis really is looking bad...

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/a-davis2.jpg?w=250

Crash
01-19-2011, 03:16 PM
He's 80 something. As long as he gets up in the morning he's good. :)

It's in his genes, he'll be around a long time like his mother was.

I'll say this though, took a lot of balls to get up there using a walker and induct Madden into the HOF.

ALLD
01-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Davis hired Hue Jackson just so he can harvest his organs shortly.

Questions during job interview:

1. Past coaching experience
2. Blood type

jj28west
01-19-2011, 09:03 PM
What the...??? Is that photo legit? Someone had to have had it photoshopped (the picture looks cropped badly and restiched)

I am not trying to be funny but I have seen dead people look better. I cant believe what a mess he is. I see those old films of him and his sayings and I cant believe what I am looking at. Kinda sad ...money or not.

RuthlessBurgher
01-19-2011, 09:13 PM
What the...??? Is that photo legit? Someone had to have had it photoshopped (the picture looks cropped badly and restiched)

I am not trying to be funny but I have seen dead people look better. I cant believe what a mess he is. I see those old films of him and his sayings and I cant believe what I am looking at. Kinda sad ...money or not.

Legit. You can see the actual video of the press conference here:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/oakland-raiders/09000d5d81dc62b7/Al-Davis-on-state-of-the-Raiders

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-20-2011, 12:50 AM
Davis hired Hue Jackson just so he can harvest his organs shorty.

Questions during job interview:

1. Past coaching experience
2. Blood type

ALLD - I friggin* SPEWED creamed corn on my keyboard when I read this. I was alone in the room and laughed out loud LOUDER than I ever have before.

This is the most hilarious post I think I have EVER read.

Mods - for the sake of humanity, can we please make a sticky of "hilarious posts" so this doesn't get lost?????

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :Bow :Bow :Bow :Bow :Bow :Bow :Bow :Bow :Bow :Bow :Bow

Ghost
01-20-2011, 09:57 AM
I highly recommend 'Dan Rooney: My 75 years with the Pittsburgh Steelers'. Great book. He touches on the many dealings they had with Davis through the years. He does a good job of being respectful but there's no way to deny the underlying contempt he has for Davis as an owner and a human being.

We should all wake up everyday and be thankful our owner isn't a piece of crap like Davis!!

hawaiiansteel
01-20-2011, 03:10 PM
here's another lovely pic of Al Davis, looking at this is enough to make you lose your breakfast...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qj-ICgPK9Nc/TTZ-0XZUrYI/AAAAAAAAAbE/4Cy9ICNrbJ0/s640/scary+hideous+al+davis+hue+jackson.jpg

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-20-2011, 03:19 PM
^^

His appearance has no bearing on his humanity. He looks pretty ill to me, probably on a blood thinner by the looks of his skin (forehead, and look at the black/bruised skin over his right hand). Or, even worse, he might not be.

If ARI says he's a piece of trash, that's the deciding factor for me, not that he looks ill. He could look like Bruce Jenner and it wouldn't mean a thing.

RuthlessBurgher
01-20-2011, 04:07 PM
^^

His appearance has no bearing on his humanity. He looks pretty ill to me, probably on a blood thinner by the looks of his skin (forehead, and look at the black/bruised skin over his right hand). Or, even worse, he might not be.

If ARI says he's a piece of trash, that's the deciding factor for me, not that he looks ill. He could look like Bruce Jenner and it wouldn't mean a thing.

Bruce Jenner is not a good example. That dude can look pretty frightening after the plastic surgery operations as well. Almost as bad as Kenny Rogers or Jerry Jones. I'd rather let myself age naturally than turn myself into a Joan Rivers mask.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_IPSOmRdlS0Q/Sl7LzRP5AYI/AAAAAAAACFA/kVrUh26SsWU/s400/Bruce+Jenner+before+and+after.jpg

Iron Shiek
01-20-2011, 05:12 PM
^^

Bruce Jenner is not a good example. That dude can look pretty frightening after the plastic surgery operations as well. Almost as bad as Kenny Rogers or Jerry Jones. I'd rather let myself age naturally than turn myself into a Joan Rivers mask.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_IPSOmRdlS0Q/Sl7LzRP5AYI/AAAAAAAACFA/kVrUh26SsWU/s400/Bruce+Jenner+before+and+after.jpg

Yeah in those bottom pictures of Jenner he's not even really smiling...thats just his permanent face. Sorta like this guy -----> :D

AkronSteel
01-20-2011, 05:16 PM
I won't be mean because I work with Seniors everyday but I will say.....Alice has seen better days!!! It should be illegal to have him get in front of the cameras!!! That poor man just needs to go home!!!

California-Steel
01-20-2011, 05:29 PM
here's another lovely pic of Al Davis, looking at this is enough to make you lose your breakfast...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qj-ICgPK9Nc/TTZ-0XZUrYI/AAAAAAAAAbE/4Cy9ICNrbJ0/s640/scary+hideous+al+davis+hue+jackson.jpg
Who's idea was it to slap 2 band-aids on his head. They did not even cover the exposed area. the sticky parts are on the wound!

Looks like hollywood FX people put him togeather. I am sure they could have presented him better than what they did. Hell they make up dead people in coffins for wakes better than what Al came out looking like.

This was just not right.

ScoreKeeper
01-20-2011, 06:09 PM

Who's idea was it to slap 2 band-aids on his head. They did not even cover the exposed area. the sticky parts are on the wound!

Looks like hollywood FX people put him togeather. I am sure they could have presented him better than what they did. Hell they make up dead people in coffins for wakes better than what Al came out looking like.

This was just not right.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When Al dies, Ol' Art will meet him halfway between Heaven and Hell and kick his ass for being a dick.

ALLD
01-20-2011, 08:31 PM
You cannot go near Al Davis without a crucifix, holy water, wooden stake or silver bullet.