PDA

View Full Version : Peter King

proudpittsburgher
01-19-2011, 01:18 PM
Listening to Peter King on Tunch and Wolf's show on the internet . . . love listening to what he has to say about Ziggy Hood and a conversation he had with him about "The Steeler Way."

He is talking about Hood being awestruck because of what Aaron Smith and some of the other guys taught him during his first year in the league. He couldn't figure out why they did it because they all knew, especially Smith, that he was being groomed for their job. But they did it anyway because of the respect they have for the franchise. Said it wouldn't happen with just about any other team int he league.

So if anyone wants to know why I am a fan of this team and why they are truly different than any other franchise in the NFL, just look at that story for starters.

SteelCrazy
01-19-2011, 01:24 PM
I was on the "john" thumbing through some old reading material and I came across an SI magazine from Sept. in which King predicted a Packers/Steelers Super Bowl. Maybe he is a football guru after all.......

Iron Shiek
01-19-2011, 01:29 PM
Yeah King has been on the Steelers since he visited them at training camp. He's in love with Tomlin and the way the organization is run. Picking Steelers v. Packers is pretty good stuff.

I had Steelers v ATL, looked good until last week!

RuthlessBurgher
01-19-2011, 01:43 PM
In the preseason, I had Steelers & Packers in the Super Bowl too.

Over course, I had the Jets and Bears both missing the playoffs, so no one is perfect. :wink:

ColumbusSteelerFan
01-19-2011, 01:45 PM
In the preseason, I had Steelers & Packers in the Super Bowl too.

Over course, I had the Jets and Bears both missing the playoffs, so no one is perfect. :wink:

If they're missing the playoffs starting on Monday, I'd be fine with that! :lol: