PDA

View Full Version : NFL's Newest Golden Boy

SteelCrazy
01-19-2011, 09:30 AM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f321/straightface72/aaron-rodgers-mustache.jpg

Every time I tune into an NFL show, be it radio or TV, all they want to talk about is this guy. It's so obvious they want him to become the next in line to the throne that it makes me sick. Side note, as I write this the NFL Network is about to play the 10 greatest Packer plays this year......color me excited

flippy
01-19-2011, 09:43 AM
I'm kinda sick of hearing about him.

The talk will be done once Ben wins #7 for us (3 for him).

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-19-2011, 09:47 AM
It ain't the meat, it's the motion.

Rodgers has had a great few games, but in this league it's all about staying power. My bet is he's peaked, and neither the Bears nor us will have to face the guy who tore apart the Falcons. He's gonna be a great one down the road, but at this point, he's still half man-half biscuit.

JTP53609
01-19-2011, 09:50 AM
the guy is really good, I will give him his props, if he does win the Super Bowl this year I think he will be the qb that is talked about like brady or manning. He does it all, from threading the needle to stepping up to run....

flippy
01-19-2011, 09:52 AM
he's still half man-half biscuit.

never heard that before. where does that saying come from and what does it mean? I like the sound of it.

Steelers>NFL
01-19-2011, 09:57 AM
I like Aaron Rogers. He is a very good QB. And a tough one.
If Big Ben was done tomorrow, AR would be my first choice to replace BB.

AR has had a great first 2 playoff games. He also never been in trouble.
Hence the reasons for golden boy status.

Irongut
01-19-2011, 11:25 AM
He's been getting the press for a while. Injuries riddled that team this year. Still without possibly the best TE in the game, he's adjusted and is putting on a passing clinic.

He's averaging over 300 yards passing in the playoffs in his career IIRC.

AngryAsian
01-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Its all about marketing. My wife was watching the other day and asked "Who's that guy? He's cute." (Aaron Rodgers was doing his post game interview). Of course the NFL wants to have the next golden face of the NFL to market. No matter how many championships BB wins he'll never be that guy. I could care less about it, just keep the Lombardi's coming, F' the league and their bias. Is it irritating? Sure. But the only remedy for that itch would be to keep the championships rolling.

Queerbaits Friend
01-19-2011, 12:11 PM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f321/straightface72/aaron-rodgers-mustache.jpg

Every time I tune into an NFL show, be it radio or TV, all they want to talk about is this guy. It's so obvious they want him to become the next in line to the throne that it makes me sick. Side note, as I write this the NFL Network is about to play the 10 greatest Packer plays this year......color me excited

a "PACKER" that looksth like Freddy Mercury?
I want to thee his top 10 PACKER PLAYZ! :P

feltdizz
01-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Aaron Rodgers is a beast and the whole Favre drama adds to the story.

I have no problem with his hype because he is a baller. He reminds me a lot of Big Ben.. holds the ball a ton and takes hits but any game he is in is a game they can win.

Regardless if the Pack win or lose Aaron Rogers will get love from the media. Matty Ice is the mother###### over hyped QB IMO.

ikestops85
01-19-2011, 12:20 PM
Aaron Rodgers is a beast and the whole Favre drama adds to the story.

I have no problem with his hype because he is a baller. He reminds me a lot of Big Ben.. holds the ball a ton and takes hits but any game he is in is a game they can win.

Regardless if the Pack win or lose Aaron Rogers will get love from the media. Matty Ice is the mother###### over hyped QB IMO.

+1

Rodgers seems like the real deal and his style is probably closer than anybody elses to Big Ben.

proudpittsburgher
01-19-2011, 12:29 PM
Yea, I respect him as a QB, and as another poster said, I would take him on this team in a heartbeat if Ben calls it quits.

That being said, I do get peeved that the No. 3 slot always seems to go to the flavor of the month over Ben, every day, all the time. Of course, it was fun after the Steelers won the super bowl in 08, that all of the media were slobbering over Ben the day after. I was listening to the Mad Dog, and he said he might put him as the best QB in the game, over Brady and Manning.

MeetJoeGreene
01-19-2011, 12:31 PM

Welcome to our newest poster!!

Tee Hee

But silly - there should be an apostrophe in your first word of your User Name.

Somebody will need to punish you.

anger 82&95
01-19-2011, 12:46 PM
IMHO, no one so talented should look like Nicolas Cage in Raising Arizona

StarSpangledSteeler
01-19-2011, 12:47 PM
I personally don't think Rodgers is as "tough" as many of you are making him out to be. Early in his career he was always getting injured. He's not that big (6-2 225) and in the coming years, teams will begin hitting him more and more. I don't know that he'll hold up long enough to build a legacy.

proudpittsburgher
01-19-2011, 12:53 PM
I personally don't think Rodgers is as "tough" as many of you are making him out to be. Early in his career he was always getting injured. He's not that big (6-2 225) and in the coming years, teams will begin hitting him more and more. I don't know that he'll hold up long enough to build a legacy.

No one knows what the future brings, but for whatever reason, when his name gets mentioned over Ben, I don't get as upset as I do when they throw Cutler, Flacco, Ryan et al in there.

sentinel33
01-19-2011, 12:56 PM
i prefer a silver lombardi gleam associated with my qb's. you can keep the gold.

Queerbaits Friend
01-19-2011, 01:13 PM

Welcome to our newest poster!!

Tee Hee

But silly - there should be an apostrophe in your first word of your User Name.

Somebody will need to punish you.

Queerbait and I share so no apostrophe needed, that denotes ownership. teehee

hawaiiansteel
01-19-2011, 03:48 PM
when you mentioned "Golden Boy" I thought for sure it had to be one of these two guys:

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/da-bears-blog/mark-sanchez-hilary-rhoda-gq.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
01-19-2011, 05:12 PM
The Pee Wee Herman tattoo is funny.

ALLD
01-19-2011, 07:59 PM
The Packers are going down like the Seahawks. Then all the slobbering will be over. The media will still find a way to mention Brady and Manning ad nauseum during their analysis.

phillyesq
01-19-2011, 09:15 PM
Rodgers has crazy numbers over the last 3 years. What he doesn't have are the rings, but he has a shot this year. I don't have a problem with him being hyped.

Irongut
01-19-2011, 09:30 PM
Rodgers has crazy numbers over the last 3 years. What he doesn't have are the rings, but he has a shot this year. I don't have a problem with him being hyped.

I personally think if our offense shows up, plays even decently and doesn't give away points and/or turnovers, this week will be a cakewalk.

Facing Rodgers and Green Bay will be a challenge imo, a big challenge. Rodgers has full command of that offense. Let's hope Chicago, who has a very fast defense, can hold GB down and win. Cutler is capable of killing a team anyday but he's also capable of killing his own team. He's got an absolute cannon for an arm and is like Favre re-incarnated.