PDA

View Full Version : PRESSURE!!!

feltdizz
01-18-2011, 10:56 AM
Dirty Sanchez all day long. I want this to be convincing and painful.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-18-2011, 11:13 AM

I agree. I think you gotta make him very uncomfortable back there.

So with our secondary banged up....do we come up in press and blitz hard to make him hang in the pocket to wait for his receivers to get open or play that soft zone and hope he makes a mistake?

Oviedo
01-18-2011, 11:14 AM

:Agree IMO this is the only way we win. It was inexplicable to me in the last game how we did not blitz a QB who the previous three games was a complete disaster. We let Sanchez get comfortable in the pocket and our three man rush could not touch him, but we never blitzed.

We need to force Sanchez to get happy feet and rush getting rid of the ball. The Pats also did not get pressure on Sanchez last week and looked what happened.

pick6
01-18-2011, 11:38 AM

I think I agree with you this time. Last game we didn't blitz much because we didn't have to against an exposed oline. Sanchez does not have any touch on his passes he is just slinging it. He gets better as the game goes on, if you don't get to him early. I say we blitz while WATCHING FOR THE DRAW PLAY AND THE SCREEN. The emergence of Ziggy is really going to help us this game. His youth, fresh legs, and crazy strength are allowing him to bull rush more weathered olineman and especially in the second half. We must keep their oline from getting to the 2nd level.

So lets come with the corner blitzes.

Oviedo
01-18-2011, 11:43 AM

I think I agree with you this time. Last game we didn't blitz much because we didn't have to against an exposed oline. Sanchez does not have any touch on his passes he is just slinging it. He gets better as the game goes on, if you don't get to him early. I say we blitz while WATCHING FOR THE DRAW PLAY AND THE SCREEN. The emergence of Ziggy is really going to help us this game. His youth, fresh legs, and crazy strength are allowing him to bull rush more weathered olineman and especially in the second half. We must keep their oline from getting to the 2nd level.

Woodley has to have a monster game against the Jets back up RT. If he doesn't, that is a bad sign. I'd also like to see Timmons turned loose on inside blitzes like he was the first couple games of the season.

grotonsteel
01-18-2011, 11:50 AM

Woodley has to have a monster game against the Jets back up RT. If he doesn't, that is a bad sign. I'd also like to see Timmons turned loose on inside blitzes like he was the first couple games of the season.

Woodley went against a TE in first meeting and even though Woodley was good in that game...but going against a TE, Woodley should have dominated that game.

Steelers need Woodley to do a better job with the RT or TE.

Northern_Blitz
01-18-2011, 12:10 PM
The problem with blitzing in #10. Holmes is money after the catch. We better be damn sure we tackle if we leave #10 single covered.

pittpete
01-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Sanchez is supposedly nursing a sore shoulder.http://www.extremeskins.com/images/smilies/jetssuck.gif
I say get to him early and bring the pain, but Im sure Lebeau allready has a gameplan :2c

papillon
01-18-2011, 01:21 PM
I still believe that coordinators take into account an entire season and not solely focus on the game in any particular weekend. I think they have to devise a season plan and fit game plans within the parameters of the plan for the season.

As much as many of you hate to admit this the final 3 or 4 games and the Ravens playoff game the offense has looked very different than the first 12 games of the year. I believe the defense is in a similar situation where they are doing things now that they either didn't show or used sparingly trying to have some different looks for the playoffs.

Once teams are eliminated form the playoffs they throw out their season plans and then begin to look at players for the next season, IMO.

I certainly believe that Sanchez is going to see a very different defense than he did during the season, the same with Ben.

Pappy