PDA

View Full Version : I need to update everyone about...

JDSteeler
01-17-2011, 01:40 PM
...a few things....

It's good to be back!!!! I know you are probably saying, "you never left". But, actually,
I was in the hospital for 4-days during the New Years Weekend.

I had come down with what I thought was the flu, in mid December. Two-weeks go bye and I'm not getting any better, so I go to the doctor to get checked out. Dr. says it's an upper respiratory infection....So he prescribed me some antibiotics. I finish the 5-days of antibiotic, but I don't feel better, if anything, I feel worse. Call the Dr. over the phone, and he says to take some allegy meds, and if that doesn't work call back.

Next morning, New Years Eve, I feel like absolute garbage, and go to the ER. They take blood and do a chest X-ray, because my cough is really bad. The chest X-ray shows possibly Pneumonia in the left lung.

ER Doc says that he wants to admit me because it could be something else, and just wants to play it safe.

My GP Doc visits the same day, and tells me that it's not Pneumonia. He thinks it's a fungal infection known as "Valley Fever".

https://health.google.com/health/ref/Coccidioidomycosis

Of course the only thing I could think of was how was I going to watch the Steelers v
Stains, if I'm in the hosptial. My Doc let me borrow his lap-top, but after the opening
kick-off the interent went down...and had to watch the only other game on tv, and my
bro BDESteel for texts.

To make a long story short, I was released from the hospital on 1/4/11. I have since been tested for the "Titers" (infection level), and was told that there in zero infection
detected, and was taken off the meds.

I feel great, now, and hope everything goes well from here. For the next six months, they say I have to get blood work done, so they can make sure this fungus is DEAD.

On Sunday, I went to The Blue chip in San Jose, with the Guys from SteelCityMafia to watch the game vs the Rats. Whatta game!!!!

Love this team!!! This team is all grit!!!!

Killing the Jets on Sunday!!!!

FRRRROOOOThing at the mouth like a crazed dog...AGAIN!!!!!!

JD

Dee Dub
01-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Glad you are ok Brother!! My prayers are with you.

snarky
01-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Glad to hear you are better. I wonder if you picked up some sort of dormant fungal spore when you went dumpster diving for Ben's fork.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Hey JD, glad you're better!!

I thought the only fever one picked up in the Mon Valley was STEELER FEVER!!!! :wink:

BTW - has it been established that the Fork of Ben was a good luck talisman? Because if so, rehabbing or not, dude you so have to POST IT AGAIN!! :Boobs :Boobs :tt1 :tt1 :tt2 :tt2

(Glad you're better dude, welcome back!!)

Crash
01-17-2011, 02:14 PM
Damn tattoo artists....LOL

proudpittsburgher
01-17-2011, 02:14 PM
welcome back to the world of the well, JD. Glad you are feeling better and good to see you will be in tip top shape to see the Steelers get to the Super Bowl. Stay well, my brother.

pittpete
01-17-2011, 02:19 PM
Dam, that sucks that you had to miss a Steeler game :x

JK, glad you're better :P

JDSteeler
01-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Glad to hear you are better. I wonder if you picked up some sort of dormant fungal spore when you went dumpster diving for Ben's fork.

That dormat spore must have been just laying in wait for the last 4-1/2 years!!!

But that is some funny stuff!!

JD

JDSteeler
01-17-2011, 03:47 PM

I thought the only fever one picked up in the Mon Valley was STEELER FEVER!!!! :wink:

BTW - has it been established that the Fork of Ben was a good luck talisman? Because if so, rehabbing or not, dude you so have to POST IT AGAIN!! :Boobs :Boobs :tt1 :tt1 :tt2 :tt2

Here it is, hope I did this right???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR2o2k9qkOg

JD

RuthlessBurgher
01-17-2011, 05:43 PM
I always knew you were a fun guy (fungi? Get it? That's an awful pun when said aloud, and 10 times worse when you actually type it. Ugh.) :?

I wonder if FRRRROOOOThing at the mouth like a crazed dog is a symptom of Coccidioidomycosis infection? :P

Steelgal
01-17-2011, 05:49 PM
Glad to hear your back and feeling better!!!! Hopefully you'll still get 2 more chances to see the Steelers play and win!!!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-17-2011, 06:06 PM

Here it is, hope I did this right???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR2o2k9qkOg

JD

[youtube:6aof4bsc]lR2o2k9qkOg[/youtube:6aof4bsc]

At work, can't see if this works - hope so!!

fordfixer
01-17-2011, 07:07 PM
Glad to hear your getting better JD :tt1 :tt1

pick6
01-17-2011, 10:19 PM
Sorry for getting to this post late. i may be able to help.

"The Mucus-less Diet System" by Arnold Ehret. This is how you manage your health period. Read the whole thing but concentrate on the chapters that tell you what to eat, how much of it to eat and for how long to eat. Caution, you must be serious and strong. Other than trauma western medicine is about making money.