PDA

View Full Version : I have to say...

Dee Dub
01-11-2011, 12:44 AM
...I am dissapointed in some of my fellow Steelers fans. I've read several incensitive comments, jokes, and inconsiderate remarks about the death of Ed Reed's brother. Regardless of whether he was aluding the police or he had done something wrong, to make jokes about this man loosing his ife is in very poor taste. And I question the character of those doing this. I am sure there are some descent people in the Reed family who are taking this very hard. Human beings who dont deserve to have someone they loved be used as a joke because some football fans dont like the team that his brother plays for.

Why? I really dont understand this. We all have people in our families who dont always use the best judgment and sometimes do things that are wrong...but is that a reason to stoop to a level that is a little in-humane? Calis and cold? Having no regard for one's life?

I think God Almighty for the prescious life he has given me. For the lives of those in my family. For those friends I know. For every man, woman, and child that walks on the face of this earth. Any time someone loses their lives for what ever reason it saddens me. But I have to say, it is far more sad to hear some make fun of one's death. And to do so just because of an allegiance of one's favorite football team.

I've read threads about posters here losing pets they loved very dearly and many fellow posters coming in and adding their condolences and too me that is an awesome thing to care enough to want to help lift another person up. I know that somestimes we say things we dont mean in an effort to be funny or to fit in but that isnt right. I would hope that those who have this would see this themselves and have regret for it.

And I would also hope that there isnt anymore of this here on this forum. I am asking that it please stop.

Please.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-11-2011, 01:00 AM
...I am dissapointed in some of my fellow Steelers fans. I've read several incensitive comments, jokes, and inconsiderate remarks about the death of Ed Reed's brother. Regardless of whether he was aluding the police or he had done something wrong, to make jokes about this man loosing his ife is in very poor taste. And I question the character of those doing this. I am sure there are some descent people in the Reed family who are taking this very hard. Human beings who dont deserve to have someone they loved be used as a joke because some football fans dont like the team that his brother plays for.

Why? I really dont understand this. We all have people in our families who dont always use the best judgment and sometimes do things that are wrong...but is that a reason to stoop to a level that is a little in-humane? Calis and cold? Having no regard for one's life?

I think God Almighty for the prescious life he has given me. For the lives of those in my family. For those friends I know. For every man, woman, and child that walks on the face of this earth. Any time someone loses their lives for what ever reason it saddens me. But I have to say, it is far more sad to hear some make fun of one's death. And to do so just because of an allegiance of one's favorite football team.

I've read threads about posters here losing pets they loved very dearly and many fellow posters coming in and adding their condolences and too me that is an awesome thing to care enough to want to help lift another person up. I know that somestimes we say things we dont mean in an effort to be funny or to fit in but that isnt right. I would hope that those who have this would see this themselves and have regret for it.

And I would also hope that there isnt anymore of this here on this forum. I am asking that it please stop.

Please.

I'm not here to call anyone out, but I agree with Deedub about respect in this situation. Thanks for writing that, D.

LordVile
01-11-2011, 01:08 AM
I have no pity for a thug loser.. his family, yeah.. I feel bad for them but for ppl here to come in and say how bad they feel about some STREET TRASH, sickens ME!!! so we should have pity for a criminal?? I'd rather care about someone innocent of crime. It isn't a TRAGEDY, it's straight out STUPIDITY.. and shame on REEDS brother for doing this to his family.. I think most ppl have already moved on from this topic and are thinking about football but now that you mention it again.. One less bum on the street, IMO.

I wish no harm to anyone but I don't feel bad for a fool.. only those whom HE has hurt :HeadBanger

BTW, when our players do stupid stuff, we call em' out also. ex: Stonio, Skippy, etc.
I don't care what team they play for. Criminals get no favortism in my book.

Dee Dub
01-11-2011, 01:18 AM
I have no pity for a thug loser.. his family, yeah.. I feel bad for them but for ppl here to come in and say how bad they feel about some STREET TRASH, sickens ME!!! so we should have pity for a criminal?? I'd rather care about someone innocent of crime. It isn't a TRAGEDY, it's straight out STUPIDITY.. and shame on REEDS brother for doing this to his family.. I think most ppl have already moved on from this topic and are thinking about football but now that you mention it again.. One less bum on the street, IMO.

I wish no harm to anyone but I don't feel bad for a fool.. only those whom HE has hurt :HeadBanger

BTW, when our players do stupid stuff, we call em' out also. ex: Stonio, Skippy, etc.

Well there it is there. I will pray for you my brother. Those who have God inside of them will not feel as you do. I hope and pray that you will one day have God inside of you.

Steel Life
01-11-2011, 01:55 AM
DD - I think what rubbed people the wrong way was how the Ravens used it as a rallying point, completely ignoring the fact that he died trying to avoid the police. Does one feel sympathetic for Ed Reed for losing a family member - absolutely...but he was criminal trying to avoid capture, not a soldier or a cop or firefighter or losing a battle with cancer. You need to look at it with the same perspective you're encouraging other use.

LordVile
01-11-2011, 02:00 AM

Well there it is there. I will pray for you my brother. Those who have God inside of them will not feel as you do. I hope and pray that you will one day have God inside of you.

I respect where your coming from Dee, honestly.. Ur a positive energy person, thats cool.. If ppl don't make a big deal out of this "LOSS" as something tragic, which it isn't, it's plain STUPIDITY.. a classic case.. pray for me if you want but you are NO ONE to judge if god is in my heart of not, only god can judge. I have my own relationship with god, and my relationship consists of not being a thug loser, to please my god. But rather not harming others and just living my life and watching football among other harmless activites.

Ye who judge not, ye be judgethed. or something like that... :tt1

LordVile
01-11-2011, 02:08 AM
DD - I think what rubbed people the wrong way was how the Ravens used it as a rallying point, completely ignoring the fact that he died trying to avoid the police. Does one feel sympathetic for Ed Reed for losing a family member - absolutely...but he was criminal trying to avoid capture, not a soldier or a cop or firefighter or losing a battle with cancer. You need to look at it with the same perspective you're encouraging other use.

Exactly, not just the Ravens ignoring the fact but ppl on this board also.. Acting like this guy was Johnny Do Gooder when he was THUG, that put policeman and other innocents in danger with them trying to capture him.. Thousands die everyday, and I could care less about a criminal. I'd rather feel or pray for some kid from St. Judas dying of brain cancer.. Not some, cancer of society..

MicroBioSteel
01-11-2011, 02:27 AM

Exactly, not just the Ravens ignoring the fact but ppl on this board also.. Acting like this guy was Johnny Do Gooder when he was THUG, that put policeman and other innocents in danger with them trying to capture him.. Thousands die everyday, and I could care less about a criminal. I'd rather feel or pray for some kid from St. Judas dying of brain cancer.. Not some, cancer of society..

People run even if they are innocent. The law says we are all innocent until proven guilty but he reality is you are innocent depending on your previous record or if you can afford adequate representation. I agree with DD. We should not judge this situation. Let the Ravens find whatever motivation they want. Bottom line is the Steelers will do whatever they do regardless. Football is all about imposing one teams will on another. If the Ravens think God is going to feel sorry for them and give them the win then let them....a reality check is coming and it's wearing Black and Gold. May Ed Reeds brother be found safe and sound. Every man has redeeming qualities.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
01-11-2011, 08:43 AM
There are lines...They were crossed.

I hate the Ravens!!!!

But I F'in respect Reed, Lewis, Ngata,Suggs, etc.

"To gain it...You have to give it." Words to live by in football. You teach that to the youngsters and they take that with them. Makes the game what it is.

"Whatever" happened to Reed's Brother...Thoughts & prayers to him and his family. The burden for a loss of a loved one never should be discounted. Whatever wrongdoing that Reed's brother did does not fall on him.

pittpete
01-11-2011, 10:32 AM
While I find the posts pertaining to Ed Reeds brother classless, I have the choice not to read them.
Just don't read them.
You can't worry about things beyond your control.
Bottom line :idea:

steelcurtain44
01-11-2011, 10:57 AM
It's funny how people are rushing to judgment about Reed's brother, being a thug because he was running from the police, and not privy to any real solid proof of what was going on. But then these same people were cruciying every sports columnist, fan, or sports reporter for judging Ben for being guilty as charge before any proof came out. It was all about, Ben was'nt charged with anything. Well what was Reed's brother charges with?

You people are bunch if hipocrits, racists, and just plan ignorant. For all of you have family members, who have or may have had a family member killed, or injured in some sort of way similar to Reed's brother. Let's all hope that you treat that person with the same disdain and disrepect that you are treating Reed's bother.

ikestops85
01-11-2011, 11:12 AM
It's funny how people are rushing to judgment about Reed's brother, being a thug because he was running from the police, and not privy to any real solid proof of what was going on. But then these same people were cruciying every sports columnist, fan, or sports reporter for judging Ben for being guilty as charge before any proof came out. It was all about, Ben was'nt charged with anything. Well what was Reed's brother charges with?

You people are bunch if hipocrits, racists, and just plan ignorant. For all of you have family members, who have or may have had a family member killed, or injured in some sort of way similar to Reed's brother. Let's all hope that you treat that person with the same disdain and disrepect that you are treating Reed's bother.

How in the hell does race enter this equation? The guy, who wasn't a good swimmer, jumped into the F'in river to avoid being captured by the police. I am not pronouncing him guilty but I sure as hell am calling him stupid ... no matter what race he is. It seems to me that you are the one who is just plain ignorant.

proudpittsburgher
01-11-2011, 11:29 AM

How in the hell does race enter this equation? The guy, who wasn't a good swimmer, jumped into the F'in river to avoid being captured by the police. I am not pronouncing him guilty but I sure as hell am calling him stupid ... no matter what race he is. It seems to me that you are the one who is just plain ignorant.

Because calling people racists is a good way to end the argument. :roll: If you choose to pursue it, in their eyes, you look even worse. Remember, always be the first to drop the race card. He can compare Ben's situation and Ed Reed's brother's situation all he wants, but they are not the same. Must be because of race though. :roll:

Leper Friend
01-11-2011, 11:30 AM

How dare anyone judge someone who jumped in a river running from cops !!! :roll: I love that argument. "you don't know the real story !!!" - here's something I can be pretty sure of - any adult running from the police, for any circumstance , is probably not a great citizen.I don't know the particulars of the case but I'll assume he's guilty of something.

The misplaced morals being thrown around here is downright pathetic.I do feel sad for Ed Reed and his family , he's going through a horrible time.But does anyone here get this upset when it's just another nameless person on the news who doesn't have a celebrity brother ? Of course not.

There is real tragedy in the world . Some bottom feeder thug who stole a car then drowned himself isn't one of them. It just means less petty crime in the world.

Jooser
01-11-2011, 11:40 AM
This thread is making me sleepy.

snarky
01-11-2011, 12:03 PM
I'm with DeeDub on this one. I saw some comments on here last night that seemed over the line. I chose to simply log off and stop reading, but now that the topic is out in the open...

Anyway, I don't think the circumstances surrounding Brian Reed's death will in any way reduce the pain that is felt by the Reed family. Whether it was stupid or not doesn't matter -- they have lost a family member.

For the Ravens to use it as some sort of motivation or whatever isn't surprising. It's human nature. I will admit that it is somewhat strange to find motivation from a guy that jumped off a bridge trying to get away from police -- but it is probably the best coping mechanism Ed Reed has at the moment.

Doogie36
01-11-2011, 02:06 PM
I feel bad for REED but I dont feel bad for his brother!
I feel bad for the family of the son who shot the ARZ Governor because I'm sure they are embarrassed, sad, and trying to figure out what they did wrong.

BUT

I dont feel bad for that smiling bastard who shot that 9 year old girl. He made that choice and it was a wrong one just like REEDS brother made a horrible choice as well and he did put others in danger with the chase.

Lets feel bad to those who deserve it and not for someone dumb enough to jump into a river to avoid police. DUMB!!!

I'd rather spend my time feeling sorry for the parents of that 9 year old. I'd rather see a team rally behind that then a rallying behind the guy who did the shooting!!! Isnt he innocent till proven guilty tooo???? LOL

Lets play some football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you want the family of that shooter to say when they speak??? Oh we are sad we lost our son and when we shop at that store we will stop and pray for him and use it as motivation to shop better????

I think what the Ravens did in the locker room was ok but what NFL FILMS did by broadcasting it was WRONG. That's my opinion and playing for the brother of REED is really WRONG! but hey they are the RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why not.............

Dee Dub
01-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Ok let me clarify some things here…obviously some did not understand my plea. First I am not condoning anyone who does something wrong or against the law. I am not asking anyone to feel sorry for Ed Reed’s brother. I am simply asking that the jokes about a man’s death stop. I don’t expect everyone to feel the same way I do…but I do think that jokes about a man losing his life is tasteless and just flat out mean.

And asking for this is in no way judging others. It is a simple request out of respect.

And I agree that we have a choice not to read these posts but it is kind of hard when you click on a thread not really knowing what it is about and find this type of stuff.

RuthlessBurgher
01-11-2011, 04:25 PM
:Agree

I posted something similar yesterday in the "Ravens Motivation" thread before you gave this plea a thread of its own. Might as well cut and paste it here too:

I dunno, man...seems to me like plenty of folks are making light of losing a family member. That is something I'd expect from classless Ravens fans, not the guys on this board. I'm not liking the mojo in here right now. I have a brother, and if he died in this manner, even if he were having troubles with drugs/alcohol/police, etc., I'd be willing to throw down with any folks who were talking about him the way several folks have been talking about Reed's brother right now. Frankly, it's embarassing and it is making all of us look awful. Poking fun at Flacco's unibrow, Lewis' jazz hands, Suggs' ugly mug, or a bunch of dead blackbirds in Arkansas is all in good spirit. Making light of a family member drowning a few days ago just seems sick to me. Sorry, fellas...that's just where I'm at right now.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Yeah, I try to think "There but for the grace of God go I", because it is true. And to be honest, who knows where we'll wind up before the last whistle blows. Also, "Hate the sin, love the sinner". And, something like "If you help the least of these, like visiting the prisoner, you did it for Me".

I'm not a religious nut or anything, but we'll never know what Reed's brother went through in life to wind up where he did, and if we would have come to any different end than him if we'd been born in his shoes.

Though I'm not really sure if he was actually born in anyone's shoes. :?

NJ-STEELER
01-11-2011, 09:09 PM
the car he was driving was stolen

really not "innocent" as some want to claim.

it was Ed's choice to bring this to the forefront by mentioning it in the first place. personally, i wouldnt have said nothing if he didn't use it as a motivation factor. it was his dunb azz comments that posters are making fun of. not the death of another person

jj28west
01-11-2011, 09:27 PM
There are lines...They were crossed.

I hate the Ravens!!!!

But I F'in respect Reed, Lewis, Ngata,Suggs, etc.

"To gain it...You have to give it." Words to live by in football. You teach that to the youngsters and they take that with them. Makes the game what it is.

"Whatever" happened to Reed's Brother...Thoughts & prayers to him and his family. The burden for a loss of a loved one never should be discounted. Whatever wrongdoing that Reed's brother did does not fall on him.

Could not say this any better...

feltdizz
01-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Regardless if Ed Reed said something about it or not it's tasteless to judge/joke a dead man. Ed is going through something and his football family is a part of him. Whether Reed said something about the Steelers or not people would make jokes because we all know ESPN would tell how he died and we all know... a THUG IS A THUG. He ran from police and he deserves to burn in hell. (Giant sarcasm intended)

Some people are stronger than others and some can't shake the drug or vice and lose focus of what is important in this world. Why is it so important for people to spit on this man's life? what does it do for them? Obviously it does something or else they wouldn't do it. Americans and people in general tend to either show compassion or a cold heart in cases like this.

I have no idea about this man's story but I know plenty of successful stars tend to have siblings who just can't cope with being the "other" child who didn't make it or become a star.

For someone to paint his brother in a broad stroke is just wrong. Whether Reed used his brother in a speech or not isn't of any importance IMO... I just think it gives crass people a reason to act like ignorant fools.

But hey, that's the funny thing about life... we don't know how our life will end and how people will judge us when and if the story of our passing is told. I would suggest people on here get a grip and understand your opinions give us a really good window into a part of your online character.

LordVile
01-12-2011, 01:37 AM
this is the bottom line.. don't GLORIFY a loser and no one will make fun of him.. end of story
:nono

BTW, if my brother was a loser, I'd have no pity for him too.

flippy
01-12-2011, 09:13 AM
I didn't hear he was dead. That part's a shame.

But being chased by the cops and jumping in a river to escape is comedy. If this was a no name guy and this was part of the Darwin Awards, we'd all laugh. But since it's a guy with a name that's related to someone famous, we feel for him.

Tragedy can be laughable sometimes because it's uncomfortable.

We're all gonna die someday. We're all probably doing the best we can.

Usually I don't pay attention to tasteless humor. But sometimes there's a place for it when we don't take ourselves seriously.

You guys have permission to laugh the day I die. I'm sure there will be some humor in the situation.

feltdizz
01-12-2011, 10:11 AM
this is the bottom line.. don't GLORIFY a loser and no one will make fun of him.. end of story
:nono

BTW, if my brother was a loser, I'd have no pity for him too.

there is still time for him to become one... that's the funny thing about life, it takes twist and turns and we never know how it will unfold.

msp26505
01-12-2011, 10:25 AM

But being chased by the cops and jumping in a river to escape is comedy. If this was a no name guy and this was part of the Darwin Awards, we'd all laugh. But since it's a guy with a name that's related to someone famous, we feel for him.

Usually I don't pay attention to tasteless humor. But sometimes there's a place for it when we don't take ourselves seriously.

You guys have permission to laugh the day I die. I'm sure there will be some humor in the situation.

When did the fast food industry start requiring Doctorates in Philosophy? :shock:

Doyle37
01-12-2011, 11:13 AM

When did the fast food industry start requiring Doctorates in Philosophy? :shock:

Doesn't McDonalds have the " Hamburger College " ?

JTP53609
01-12-2011, 11:27 AM
in the orginal thread I was the first person to ask why people are making fun of the situation, I did not understand....Like I mentioned before, I teach in the city, and alot of those kids will NEVER go in where in life because of their OWN actions, they have every chance to turn thier lives around but would rather screw around and be disrespectful in school to teachers and peers, than they will even get a chance to go to college for free but mess that up too, so when turn thier lives into crap, I honestly do not feel bad, because they have had every chance to turn it around.......
I do not know Reed or his family, and his brother may of been like so many of the kids I teach, who never cared to turn their lives around, but either way, I do not understand why people are making fun of the situation or laughing at Reed who seems to actually have his head on straight and stays out of trouble. I hope he and his family are okay..

feltdizz
01-12-2011, 12:27 PM
in the orginal thread I was the first person to ask why people are making fun of the situation, I did not understand....Like I mentioned before, I teach in the city, and alot of those kids will NEVER go in where in life because of their OWN actions, they have every chance to turn thier lives around but would rather screw around and be disrespectful in school to teachers and peers, than they will even get a chance to go to college for free but mess that up too, so when turn thier lives into crap, I honestly do not feel bad, because they have had every chance to turn it around.......
I do not know Reed or his family, and his brother may of been like so many of the kids I teach, who never cared to turn their lives around, but either way, I do not understand why people are making fun of the situation or laughing at Reed who seems to actually have his head on straight and stays out of trouble. I hope he and his family are okay..

Teaching in the inner city or rural ares is tough... it's hard to get the kids to focus and if you ever had to go home to see a parent you would understand why. Some of there living conditions are so bad it's obvious why they can't focus.. they are hungry or crying out for attention because they don't get it at home.

However, there are also kids who live in the burbs and have every opportunity to succeed and still screw their lives up because they have it handed to them and don't appreciate what they have.

Who knows how Ed was raised but sports usually give a kid the discipline, father figure and family atmosphere that they aren't getting at home.

There are plenty of reactions to go around. Some laugh, some will have sympathy and others won't give a damn...

JTP53609
01-12-2011, 12:58 PM

Teaching in the inner city or rural ares is tough... it's hard to get the kids to focus and if you ever had to go home to see a parent you would understand why. Some of there living conditions are so bad it's obvious why they can't focus.. they are hungry or crying out for attention because they don't get it at home.

However, there are also kids who live in the burbs and have every opportunity to succeed and still screw their lives up because they have it handed to them and don't appreciate what they have.

Who knows how Ed was raised but sports usually give a kid the discipline, father figure and family atmosphere that they aren't getting at home.

There are plenty of reactions to go around. Some laugh, some will have sympathy and others won't give a damn...

you nailed it there I think...I grew up in a nice area with 2 parents who loved me and I loved them, however, I started working when I was in middle school, played sports my whole life and paid for college, so I really believe that with materials, I got the same amount of stuff that alot the kids I teach get, these kids in the city have their future in front of them with scholarships and chances, but they would rather screw around then anything else and then blame people who make money and are successful as the problem because they make too much...I have heard and seen this in my time and it makes me angry.

flippy
01-12-2011, 01:40 PM

When you almost kill yourself in an accidental grease fryer daily, life becomes clearer. Everything important in life can be learned inside the 4 walls of a fast food joint.

feltdizz
01-12-2011, 02:00 PM

you nailed it there I think...I grew up in a nice area with 2 parents who loved me and I loved them, however, I started working when I was in middle school, played sports my whole life and paid for college, so I really believe that with materials, I got the same amount of stuff that alot the kids I teach get, these kids in the city have their future in front of them with scholarships and chances, but they would rather screw around then anything else and then blame people who make money and are successful as the problem because they make too much...I have heard and seen this in my time and it makes me angry.

you have to keep teaching these kids that they have a future... it's easy to say it but it's hard to show it because the rappers and basketball players are the only ones glorified for making it.

It's hard for kids to see the future and VERY hard for kids in the city to see the future. Most are raised by grandparents who are in their 40's...

I worked an after school program in south philly... The smartest kid went to a private school, the rest were in public schools and when I asked them where their books where they laughed.... they don't get to take the books home in philly.

RuthlessBurgher
01-12-2011, 02:28 PM

When you almost kill yourself in an accidental grease fryer daily, life becomes clearer. Everything important in life can be learned inside the 4 walls of a fast food joint.

Was it Rene Descartes who first coined the phrase, "Do you want fries with that?" :wink:

msp26505
01-12-2011, 06:37 PM

Was it Rene Descartes who first coined the phrase, "Do you want fries with that?" :wink:

As the story goes, he was working in Friedrich Nietzsche's hamburger joint at the time.

Descartes later reported that the experience didn't kill him, but made him stronger.

flippy
01-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Jesus first turned water into wine at a Burger Chef.

RuthlessBurgher
01-13-2011, 10:28 AM

Was he crucified because Burger Chef didn't have a liquor license?

flippy
01-13-2011, 01:25 PM

Apparently he cut off some guy named Pontius Pilate. The airlines were stricter back then about drinking and flying. And this Pilate guy was not happy in the least.

RuthlessBurgher
01-13-2011, 01:48 PM

Apparently he cut off some guy named Pontius Pilate. The airlines were stricter back then about drinking and flying. And this Pilate guy was not happy in the least.

I have a vewy gweat fwiend in Wome called 'Biggus Dickus'. :lol:

eniparadoxgma
01-13-2011, 09:36 PM

I believe it all started in the God, Theology, and Dogma thread that I will be resurrecting shortly.

For the record, my post in the "motivation" thread was only this: If they found his clothes and shoes next to the river and haven't found a body, why are they assuming he's dead? If he felt he needed to evade the police then isn't it at least a possibility that he survived and is hiding out? And, if so, isn't it a bit screwed up for the Ravens to be rallying around a guy evading the police? That's what I was curious about: The whole "no body = must be dead" thing.

Of course, I do laugh at the stupidity of people that die basically from their own stupidity (a la Darwin Awards). The most recent example I can give is of the guy in the power wheelchair (Rascal, whateverTF) that got pissed that he missed an elevator and repeatedly rammed the elevator doors until he broke through and plummeted to his death. Sure, there are probably people that care for the guy that are having a time of it. Oh well. I think it's both supremely pathetic and supremely hilarious at the same time. I remember one of the Darwin Award winners that decided to "experiment" with a air compressor and his...shall we say...man-hole? I don't care if that's one of my own kin. I will laugh about such things.

Back to the topic at hand, I'm not poking fun at Ed Reed or his brother. I don't know the circumstances of his brother's life. I don't necessarily consider someone on the wrong side of the law to be either stupid or deserving of death. As far as this specific topic goes, I was just curious as to why there is the assumption of his death.

msp26505
01-14-2011, 09:09 AM
I have a vewy gweat fwiend in Wome called 'Biggus Dickus'. :lol:

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/1336/400pxbiggusdickus.jpg

Shawn
01-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Thank you for that post Dee. I agree. I don't see "thugs", or "criminals"...I see human beings. There but for the grace of God, go I.

Shawn
01-14-2011, 10:53 AM

I respect where your coming from Dee, honestly.. Ur a positive energy person, thats cool.. If ppl don't make a big deal out of this "LOSS" as something tragic, which it isn't, it's plain STUPIDITY.. a classic case.. pray for me if you want but you are NO ONE to judge if god is in my heart of not, only god can judge. I have my own relationship with god, and my relationship consists of not being a thug loser, to please my god. But rather not harming others and just living my life and watching football among other harmless activites.

Ye who judge not, ye be judgethed. or something like that... :tt1

We all judge to an extent. We all have our lines and boundries...I get that. I do my best not to do so. And I agree, it's not my job to judge any man. Judge not, lest ye be judged. It's not my job to judge Reed's brother or the person who makes a comment about his death. That would be me usurping God's throne. Instead, I would rather not assume things about any situation.

When I see a criminal, a drunk, a liar, a thief, a murderer, etc and so on...I see myself. I have murdered in my heart through anger, I have stolen, been a drunk, broken laws and I did all this with a good upbringing...having anything I have ever needed. I did this with a mother who taught me right from wrong. Who am I to judge a man who I don't know...don't know his situation, upbringing, or anything of the like...about doing things I have done?

Love for other human beings starts with humility and knowing we all have fallen short.

Dee Dub
01-14-2011, 11:47 AM
We all judge to an extent. We all have our lines and boundries...I get that. I do my best not to do so. And I agree, it's not my job to judge any man. Judge not, lest ye be judged. It's not my job to judge Reed's brother or the person who makes a comment about his death. That would be me usurping God's throne. Instead, I would rather not assume things about any situation.

When I see a criminal, a drunk, a liar, a thief, a murderer, etc and so on...I see myself. I have murdered in my heart through anger, I have stolen, been a drunk, broken laws and I did all this with a good upbringing...having anything I have ever needed. I did this with a mother who taught me right from wrong. Who am I to judge a man who I don't know...don't know his situation, upbringing, or anything of the like...about doing things I have done?

Love for other human beings starts with humility and knowing we all have fallen short.

That was beautiful Shawn. Very well put. I know the rules about talking about God here..but please don’t shoot me. If you believe in God then you know that if you have coveted in your heart for something that belongs to someone else (and we all do), then in God’s eyes you have done the same as stolen, killed, committed adultery, etc. There is no lesser or greater sins. They are all on the same par with God Almighty.

Shawn
01-14-2011, 12:49 PM

That was beautiful Shawn. Very well put. I know the rules about talking about God here..but please don’t shoot me. If you believe in God then you know that if you have coveted in your heart for something that belongs to someone else (and we all do), then in God’s eyes you have done the same as stolen, killed, committed adultery, etc. There is no lesser or greater sins. They are all on the same par with God Almighty.

We are all walking through this life together...trying to do the best we can do. Some of us are men of faith, some men of science, some a little of both, some believe in God and some do not. We look through the glass darkly and none of us have all the answers about life, the after life or the judgments of God. What I do know is this, I am among the greatest of sinners. If I haven't committed a certain sin physically I certainly have in my heart. I can judge no one. Thank God I am not called as a judge of man. I am called to love man....to be in service to...to build up...to heal. I have tried to find some peace in many ways throughout my life. I have done so through materialism, substance abuse, education, women etc. It all leaves you empty. The only solution for me has been a relationship with Jesus Christ.

Dee Dub
01-14-2011, 01:06 PM
We are all walking through this life together...trying to do the best we can do. Some of us are men of faith, some men of science, some a little of both, some believe in God and some do not. We look through the glass darkly and none of us have all the answers about life, the after life or the judgments of God. What I do know is this, I am among the greatest of sinners. If I haven't committed a certain sin physically I certainly have in my heart. I can judge no one. Thank God I am not called as a judge of man. I am called to love man....to be in service to...to build up...to heal. I have tried to find some peace in many ways throughout my life. I have done so through materialism, substance abuse, education, women etc. It all leaves you empty. The only solution for me has been a relationship with Jesus Christ.

Ditto!!

Shawn you have a gift. I hope you give it to other as often as you can.

Shawn
01-14-2011, 01:10 PM

Ditto!!

Shawn you have a gift. I hope you give it to other as often as you can.

Brother, I appreciate your kind words. Any understanding I have now came as a direct result of God using my pain as a teacher.