PDA

View Full Version : Can't win back to back Balt/NE? (Too physical)

YoungMoneyCrew
01-10-2011, 05:20 PM
With all the talk about how physical this game will be (I think the only thing that will matter is if there are injuries) you must remember that should we win, we would have an extra day to rest up before the AFCCG since we play this Saturday.

jj28west
01-10-2011, 08:47 PM
I have been thinking about this also in that both teams are so punishing. A couple years ago there were players being carted off on stretchers.

SteelAbility
01-10-2011, 11:07 PM
The Jets are very physical too. IMO, the Steelers are the most physical team with the Ravens not far behind. If we can get the DL fully healthy, I like our chances. A second time around with NE will be very different with a first string DL (if it comes to that).

D Rock
01-10-2011, 11:37 PM
The Jets are very physical too. IMO, the Steelers are the most physical team with the Ravens not far behind. If we can get the DL fully healthy, I like our chances. A second time around with NE will be very different with a first string DL (if it comes to that).

any new word on if Smith is going to be ready to play at all?

SteelAbility
01-11-2011, 12:45 AM

I was wondering the same thing. If you find out, let me know. :P

Starlifter
01-11-2011, 12:50 AM
3 of the 4 teams left in the AFC are 'kick the snot out you tough'. I just hope whoever prevails has enough gas left in the tank to take out the NFC. well, unless it's the rats of course........

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-11-2011, 12:56 AM
Jets are tough?

tiproast
01-11-2011, 01:23 AM
Jets are tough?
Tough enough to win a road playoff game.

I'd say they've earned some respect.

hawaiiansteel
01-11-2011, 02:21 AM

I was wondering the same thing. If you find out, let me know. :P

Aaron Smith will not play against the Ravens, he has officially been ruled out.

proudpittsburgher
01-11-2011, 11:10 AM
It was the reason I wanted indy to win on Saturday night. I don't fear the Steelers playing the Ravens, I just wanted it to happen in the AFCC game. Then you would have two weeks to recover. In this case, whomever wins is going to be beaten up and headed to NE, because I don't see how the Jets could beat the Pats*.

pick6
01-11-2011, 05:34 PM
No true Steeler fan would ever support the Pats in any situation other than to directly support our cause. STEEL RULE 14-3(c) clearly stipulates that all teams are above the cheats unless their winning helps us to get into the playoffs or the like. This includes the Browns, Ravens, and even Indy.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-11-2011, 05:40 PM
No true NFL fan would ever support the Pats in any situation other than to directly support their own cause. GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP RULE 14-3(c) clearly stipulates that all teams are above the cheats ...

Fixed that for you!

Crash
01-11-2011, 06:13 PM
Thats crap. The Pats are as a finesse team as it gets. If anything, playing the Ravens and then the Jets would be far more physical in consecutive weeks.

pepsyman1
01-11-2011, 08:29 PM
3 of the 4 teams left in the AFC are 'kick the snot out you tough'. I just hope whoever prevails has enough gas left in the tank to take out the NFC. well, unless it's the rats of course........

Although I don't want to think of the Steelers losing to the Ravens, IF it happens, I have no problems with the Ravens winning the Superbowl. I'd much rather it be a another physical team that Goodell would hate then the friggin Patriots or anyone in the NFC.

Crash
01-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Um....Goodell loves the Ravens and the city of Baltimore more than he loves the Pats.

proudpittsburgher
01-12-2011, 05:48 PM

Although I don't want to think of the Steelers losing to the Ravens, IF it happens, I have no problems with the Ravens winning the Superbowl. I'd much rather it be a another physical team that Goodell would hate then the friggin Patriots or anyone in the NFC.

:Agree as much as it pains me :Agree

RuthlessBurgher
01-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Not me. If we don't make it to Dallas, I'll be an NFC fan. I hate the Ratbirds, Jets, and Cheetahs. I think we'll make it, though, so I won't need to worry about such things.

:tt2 :tt1

Djfan
01-13-2011, 10:33 AM
Not me. If we don't make it to Dallas, I'll be an NFC fan. I hate the Ratbirds, Jets, and Cheetahs. I think we'll make it, though, so I won't need to worry about such things.

$$$$

I would rather cheer for Satan than the Cheats. Of course, there isn't a clear distinction between the two.

RuthlessBurgher
01-13-2011, 10:36 AM

$$$$

I would rather cheer for Satan than the Cheats. Of course, there isn't a clear distinction between the two.

http://thepinksmoke.com/images/satanscheerleadersvhs2.jpg

:lol: