PDA

View Full Version : 5 keys to success to Saturday's game

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-10-2011, 02:24 PM
1) Try turning the ball over fewer than 5 times. The Chiefs tried this strategy and it clearly did not work. Thanks to them for giving us the blueprint on how not to win so that we will know to avoid it.

2) Block Suggs this time. I was reluctant to put this one on the list since we won last time without blocking him, but I still think that it is a good idea to try.

3) Move the game to Baltimore. This one is a no brainer. We are 7-1 on the road this year including a win in Baltimore. We are 5-3 at home this year including a loss to the Ravens.

4) Let Ben play. Another no brainer. We lost our first game without him and then won with him. I am sensing a pattern.

5) Watch game film of '08 against them, especially the playoff win. Everyone knows we always beat them when it matters.

NW Steeler
01-10-2011, 02:53 PM
3) Move the game to Baltimore. This one is a no brainer. We are 7-1 on the road this year including a win in Baltimore. We are 5-3 at home this year including a loss to the Ravens.

Good point. But I am very glad that this game is to be played in Pittsburgh.

:ratsuck

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-10-2011, 10:03 PM
[quote="steeler_fan_in_t.o.":nn39wujb]

:ratsuck[/quote:nn39wujb]

Me too...nothing like the crowd at Heinz rocking as we beat them in another close one.

SteelAbility
01-11-2011, 12:48 AM
Some more of that O we saw with the Browns with the quick outs and slants. Make that pass-rush back off a bit. Specifically, quick out to Wallace, not Ward. Speedy guy with the ball. Best blocking WR in NFL history off the ball.

:tt2

Stewie
01-11-2011, 08:36 AM
One more key: Give Scott help!!!!

SidSmythe
01-11-2011, 08:50 AM
[quote="NW Steeler":12t21n71][quote="steeler_fan_in_t.o.":12t21n71]

:ratsuck[/quote:12t21n71]

Me too...nothing like the crowd at Heinz rocking as we beat them in another close one.[/quote:12t21n71]

SidSmythe wasn't representing at those 8 home games this year
the difference: Smythe will be there this time!!

NW Steeler
01-11-2011, 01:40 PM
[quote="NW Steeler":2z207h7y][quote="steeler_fan_in_t.o.":2z207h7y]

:ratsuck[/quote:2z207h7y]

Me too...nothing like the crowd at Heinz rocking as we beat them in another close one.[/quote:2z207h7y]

We beat them in a blowout. One can only dream, right?

:ratsuck

NorthCoast
01-11-2011, 09:46 PM
I am afraid Scott will end up as roadkill against Suggs and I am hoping Ben doesn't get dragged into that roadkill. Suggs will tear Scott a new one, so how will Arians game plan to help him out?

YoungMoneyCrew
01-11-2011, 10:00 PM
1. Go deep to Wallace early. Baltimore's secondary can be exploited. Set it up and bombs away.

2. Keep the D on their heels. Use the weapons at your disposal (Wallace, Sanders, Brown, Ward). They all have a role on this offense. Brown, in his limited reps, has shown he can pick up major YAC. Put the ball in his hands on those quick screens Hines used to receive and see what he can do when the money is on the line.

3. COVER TODD HEAP AND RAY RICE! KC apparently can't make ingame adjustments because these two absolutely torched them. I feel stupid giving our defense advice (they don't need it) but I think you spy Timmons on Rice a good portion of the game and keep Flacco's little security blanky away from him. How many times did Flacco throw the ball over 10 yards against KC? Polamalu and the other LB's will take care of Heap.

4. Ben Roethlisberger...enough said.

5. The crowd will be absolutely insane, and the team will feed off of it. It's freaking Ravens week...playoffs... I can't wait to start tailgating already!