PDA

View Full Version : Ravens Motivation

steelnavy
01-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Just read that the Ravens are dedicating this playoff run to Ed Reed's thug brother who jumped off a bridge to avoid the cops because he was in a stolen car. While I feel sorry for him losing his brother, I do not feel that dedicating your season to a criminal who died while running from the cops is the way to go. Maybe its just me...

Crash
01-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Are you kidding? They employ Ray Lewis and Donte Stallworth.

This is old hat for the Ravens.

NW Steeler
01-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Just read that the Ravens are dedicating this playoff run to Ed Reed's thug brother who jumped off a bridge to avoid the cops because he was in a stolen car. While I feel sorry for him losing his brother, I do not feel that dedicating your season to a criminal who died while running from the cops is the way to go. Maybe its just me...

No, it is not just you. If they want to talk about that behind closed doors, fine. But if they are publicly declaring that, I have an issue with it as well. No matter, they will NOT beat us this Saturday.

:ratsuck

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-10-2011, 02:38 PM
You would think that finally beating the Steelers in a game that matters would be motivation enough.

steelnavy
01-10-2011, 02:50 PM

No, it is not just you. If they want to talk about that behind closed doors, fine. But if they are publicly declaring that, I have an issue with it as well. No matter, they will NOT beat us this Saturday.

Glad to hear you say that. I would be embarassed to declare that as the official team motivatation.

ScoreKeeper
01-10-2011, 02:56 PM
I can see this thread being copied to a Rats MB with talk about how classless Steeler fans are. :roll:

In reality, if this Darwin Award winner wants to run from the cops by jumping into a freezing river, then by all means call me classless for saying he's a dumb a s s.

I feel bad for Reed for possibility losing a family member.

flippy
01-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Maybe Big Ben's sister can do a cannon ball at Point State park into the confluence of 3 rivers. That way we'd have 3 times as much to play for.

eniparadoxgma
01-10-2011, 03:36 PM
I'm pretty sure I read that the cops found his brother's clothes and shoes "abandoned" by the river. Maybe I'm being too literal, but abandoned to me signifies that he ditched his clothes for whatever reason and is still on the run (starting to have flashbacks from The Fugitive). Why are abandoned clothes/shoes automatically considered "demise"?

I'm not going to trivialize losing a sibling, but if he's still alive and on the run then it's pretty f'd up of the Ravens to be "playing for him".

NW Steeler
01-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Agreed. I don't think anyone is making light of losing a family member in any way. But regardless....

JAR
01-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Do they have proof that his brother even died? Ratbirds are scumbags...

JAR
01-10-2011, 04:10 PM
Ray the Knife was saying after the game that it's like he lost a brother too since Ed is his brother. WTF? I hope all of this death sensalization and Kumbayaing over Reeds brother blows up in their face....

RuthlessBurgher
01-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Agreed. I don't think anyone is making light of losing a family member in any way. But regardless....

I dunno, man...seems to me like plenty of folks are making light of losing a family member. That is something I'd expect from classless Ravens fans, not the guys on this board. I'm not liking the mojo in here right now. I have a brother, and if he died in this manner, even if he were having troubles with drugs/alcohol/police, etc., I'd be willing to throw down with any folks who were talking about him the way several folks have been talking about Reed's brother right now. Frankly, it's embarassing and it is making all of us look awful. Poking fun at Flacco's unibrow, Lewis' jazz hands, Suggs' ugly mug, or a bunch of dead blackbirds in Arkansas is all in good spirit. Making like of a family member drowning a few days ago just seems sick to me. Sorry, fellas...that's just where I'm at right now.

NJ-STEELER
01-10-2011, 04:15 PM
ray can realte better then his brother ed with the cops being after him and all that

Steelgal
01-10-2011, 04:16 PM
You would think that finally beating the Steelers in a game that matters would be motivation enough.

+1,000,000,000

JAR
01-10-2011, 04:24 PM

I dunno, man...seems to me like plenty of folks are making light of losing a family member. That is something I'd expect from classless Ravens fans, not the guys on this board. I'm not liking the mojo in here right now. I have a brother, and if he died in this manner, even if he were having troubles with drugs/alcohol/police, etc., I'd be willing to throw down with any folks who were talking about him the way several folks have been talking about Reed's brother right now. Frankly, it's embarassing and it is making all of us look awful. Poking fun at Flacco's unibrow, Lewis' jazz hands, Suggs' ugly mug, or a bunch of dead blackbirds in Arkansas is all in good spirit. Making like of a family member drowning a few days ago just seems sick to me. Sorry, fellas...that's just where I'm at right now.

Yup, it's a sad story no matter what problems the guy had anyone making fun of or saying who cares because he had problems is awful. But, to invoke his brother's death to somehow inspire his team is really pathetic.

steelnavy
01-10-2011, 04:35 PM

Rallying around someone with cancer, or someone fighting through a bad car accident is one thing, but public support of some criminal who got caught in a stolen car and decided to jump in a cold river to escape the fuzz is something totally different. I am not trying to take away from Ed Reed's pain and I can respect his sadness for losing his brother (and feel for him), but dedicating the season to someone that is presumably a punk/thug/criminal is not the way to go, and I would be embarrassed/angry if the Steelers did something like that.

Crash
01-10-2011, 04:36 PM
I could see if it was a hero's death. An act of bravery, a tragic accident.

But this was a guy who was a boozer and a druggie. Who was suspected of driving a stolen car who fled police.

If that's their motivation? That's pathetic and sad.

Jooser
01-10-2011, 04:51 PM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/jdlaw243/JOBU.jpg

Why don't they send Jobu some rum while they're at it, alot of good it'll do 'em.

flippy
01-10-2011, 04:58 PM
THe guy ran and jumped in a river to escape the cops. There's no evidence he died. Just that he's a knucklehead.

And if he died, this story turns into a Darwin award submission that we'd all laugh at.

Death sucks. And that's not where the amusement lies. It's the silliness of jumping in a river. If we saw this on Cops or TruTV police chases, we'd all be cracking up watching it.

And personally, I'd rather people laugh than cry when I die. Which I'm sure they will. When they really think about it of course.