PDA

View Full Version : Redundant Thoughts 2010 – Wildcard Weekend

redundantman
01-10-2011, 10:09 AM
1. The NFL Playoffs come but once a year: but Ikea is forever. I missed the majority of the Saturday games because I had to get some loft beds for my kids and put them together. And where else do you go for cheap furniture but Ikea? I like shopping at Ikea about as much as I like being kicked in the shins. As if shopping at Ikea isn’t bad enough the real fun begins when you get home … putting it together via the infamous Ikea instructions. At 9:00 PM I thought I was done until I noticed that I had some “left-over parts”. Sure enough the real last “step” in the instructions was to thread 16 of the most impossible to align bolts I had ever seen into the most inconvenient of spaces. I completed the beds a full hour later.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLKqwCys0JGhQI6HukoD9zgel7ankiB-1LUi3Ew4Nyq16bwJWLug

2. However I did manage to keep up with the Seahawks … unlike the Saints.

3. I was three for four this weekend because I, like the rest of America, did not pick the SEAHAWKS to beat the Saints.

4. And Manning and the Colts choke yet again! BWAHHH HAHAHAH! All the tools at ESPN just love to slobber all over Manning like he is the greatest thing since the Beatles. The guy has ONE Super Bowl. Yeah that’s a fantastic accomplishment but is hard to argue that Manning isn’t the most overrated QB in the league. The only QBs looking up to Manning are Rivers and Palmer. It’s like the fantasy football QB triumvirate.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVq6O3scp2ffTEgEsIK4asDnThKKDer ohtbJBfEi2M2IJPGaoZ
Or maybe quartet?

5. Seriously who didn’t see that Colts loss coming? As surprising as the Seahawks victory was I found this one to be completely predictable.

6. The Jets play games like the Steelers: keep it close and give the offense a shot to win it at the end.

7. Ah Ravens, there is only one thing better than winning on wild card weekend and earning a shot at your division rival … and that is sitting at home on wild card weekend and waiting for you division rival to catch-up to you.

8. Ray Lewis has to be about 80 years old now … it is going to be strange when he finally retires.

9. Is it just me or do the announcers/commentators and pregamers all love Joe Flacco? For the past three years we keep hearing how he is “coming into his own” ...

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgmQDzmo4tZ_LTVyv0O21ae14LlJCs8 QtpXIcbTf4-BlDs37A0

this time for SURE

... and each year he fails.

10. Flacco nickel and dimed the Chiefs to death. He checked everything down. Joe Flacco is nothing special. The Steelers will rattle him and he’ll fold faster than Superman on laundry day.

11. And the Eagles! HAHAHAH! Aww … poor “Boomer” … is hims sad because his buddy lost? Didums want Mike Vick to win a Super Bowl??? Poor Deion, poor Boomer …
The only thing sadder than not getting to gratuitously worship Mike Vick is the fact that Mike Vick let this dog live long enough to be sad.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSI5MG82WMfAr65-wWVjA7ee1rj0FWV-OT_sB6H7zcKXrnUAznG

12. What do these guys think? Mike Vick all of a sudden learned how to be a QB? When did that happen? Was it after he finished drowning dogs or was it while he was in prison? Mike Vick was a TERRIBLE QB for the Falcons. He played well early but teams now have some film on him and by mid next year he will be riding the pine.

13. And Mike Vick is a drama-queen. I’ve never seen a QB make such a big deal of getting hit.

14. I like the re-match against the Ravens. Heap could be the difference maker this time around as he was out for the majority of the last time the Steelers played the Ravens. Perhaps DLB can come up with some crazy scheme to … I don’t know … COVER HIM. What the heck were the Chiefs thinking anyway? “Maybe is we ignore him he’ll go away.”

15. This weekend the Steelers will start it off by putting the Ravens in their place. Green Bay will beat Atlanta. Chicago will bring the Seahawks back to earth and the Jets will upset the Pats leading to suicide watches being established on aforementioned members of the sports media. There’s only so much disappointment a human can take.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp4ud0V1IOe3ESjMk9MspB1I9Vc1tE4 XgqTicMqqHE6USZtPW3

williar
01-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Love the "thoughts" Redendantman.... Reading them is somewhat of a stress reliever because I have gone into panic mode ever since we drew the ravens. I hope our team is ready to bring their A+ game because you know the ravens will be foaming at the mouth. All they want to do is beat Pittsburgh.... I don't think they would care if they fell on their faces after that.... Honestly I think this is the superbowl. Whoever wins this game will not be stopped!

Watching the packers defense flying to the ball like a pack of wild animals made my mouth water for the Dom Capers "Blitzburgh" days. What he's done for that packer defense in just a couple of years, with all of their injuries is unreal. They look like the team to beat in the nfc.

Anyways! I lining up my sedatives for saturday's game. These steelers-ravens battles are bad for my health...

Stewie
01-10-2011, 01:48 PM
1. The NFL Playoffs come but once a year: but Ikea is forever. I missed the majority of the Saturday games because I had to get some loft beds for my kids and put them together. And where else do you go for cheap furniture but Ikea? I like shopping at Ikea about as much as I like being kicked in the shins. As if shopping at Ikea isn’t bad enough the real fun begins when you get home … putting it together via the infamous Ikea instructions. At 9:00 PM I thought I was done until I noticed that I had some “left-over parts”. Sure enough the real last “step” in the instructions was to thread 16 of the most impossible to align bolts I had ever seen into the most inconvenient of spaces. I completed the beds a full hour later.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLKqwCys0JGhQI6HukoD9zgel7ankiB-1LUi3Ew4Nyq16bwJWLug

2. However I did manage to keep up with the Seahawks … unlike the Saints.

3. I was three for four this weekend because I, like the rest of America, did not pick the SEAHAWKS to beat the Saints.

4. And Manning and the Colts choke yet again! BWAHHH HAHAHAH! All the tools at ESPN just love to slobber all over Manning like he is the greatest thing since the Beatles. The guy has ONE Super Bowl. Yeah that’s a fantastic accomplishment but is hard to argue that Manning isn’t the most overrated QB in the league. The only QBs looking up to Manning are Rivers and Palmer. It’s like the fantasy football QB triumvirate.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVq6O3scp2ffTEgEsIK4asDnThKKDer ohtbJBfEi2M2IJPGaoZ
Or maybe quartet?

5. Seriously who didn’t see that Colts loss coming? As surprising as the Seahawks victory was I found this one to be completely predictable.

6. The Jets play games like the Steelers: keep it close and give the offense a shot to win it at the end.

7. Ah Ravens, there is only one thing better than winning on wild card weekend and earning a shot at your division rival … and that is sitting at home on wild card weekend and waiting for you division rival to catch-up to you.

8. Ray Lewis has to be about 80 years old now … it is going to be strange when he finally retires.

9. Is it just me or do the announcers/commentators and pregamers all love Joe Flacco? For the past three years we keep hearing how he is “coming into his own” ...

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgmQDzmo4tZ_LTVyv0O21ae14LlJCs8 QtpXIcbTf4-BlDs37A0

this time for SURE

... and each year he fails.

10. Flacco nickel and dimed the Chiefs to death. He checked everything down. Joe Flacco is nothing special. The Steelers will rattle him and he’ll fold faster than Superman on laundry day.

11. And the Eagles! HAHAHAH! Aww … poor “Boomer” … is hims sad because his buddy lost? Didums want Mike Vick to win a Super Bowl??? Poor Deion, poor Boomer …
The only thing sadder than not getting to gratuitously worship Mike Vick is the fact that Mike Vick let this dog live long enough to be sad.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSI5MG82WMfAr65-wWVjA7ee1rj0FWV-OT_sB6H7zcKXrnUAznG

12. What do these guys think? Mike Vick all of a sudden learned how to be a QB? When did that happen? Was it after he finished drowning dogs or was it while he was in prison? Mike Vick was a TERRIBLE QB for the Falcons. He played well early but teams now have some film on him and by mid next year he will be riding the pine.

13. And Mike Vick is a drama-queen. I’ve never seen a QB make such a big deal of getting hit.

14. I like the re-match against the Ravens. Heap could be the difference maker this time around as he was out for the majority of the last time the Steelers played the Ravens. Perhaps DLB can come up with some crazy scheme to … I don’t know … COVER HIM. What the heck were the Chiefs thinking anyway? “Maybe is we ignore him he’ll go away.”15. This weekend the Steelers will start it off by putting the Ravens in their place. Green Bay will beat Atlanta. Chicago will bring the Seahawks back to earth and the Jets will upset the Pats leading to suicide watches being established on aforementioned members of the sports media. There’s only so much disappointment a human can take.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp4ud0V1IOe3ESjMk9MspB1I9Vc1tE4 XgqTicMqqHE6USZtPW3

Timmons and Polomalu should take turns on Heap and Rice. I prefer Timmons on Rice most of the time. Heap has some nice pushoff moves. The D will have to be alert.

StarSpangledSteeler
01-10-2011, 03:06 PM
They will have Heap but we will have Miller (who was lost with a concussion). We'll also have a nearly-full-strengthed Ben, and the fastest WR in football, and one of the smartest most reliable WR's in football, and a top 10 RB, and a defense giving up 60 ypg rushing, and a defense who's number 1 against the pass since the NE masacre. We are playing with just as much swagger as them, as our offense is finally emerging. Last game Flacco's only production came off two fairly lucky deep bombs (meaning we just missed the sack and he flung it up for grabs). Good luck with that in the cold weather this Saturday.

NW Steeler
01-10-2011, 03:17 PM
How nice would it be to have a 17 point lead in the 4th Q so we can all relax? My b-day is Thursday and all I want is an AZZ KICKING to be put on the Ravens, ala the Monday nighter a few years back. Weren't we up 35-0 in that game?

:ratsuck

NJ-STEELER
01-10-2011, 03:26 PM
1. too much ugly green in these playoffs.

seattle, philly, packers, jets

philly should have never changed from their lighter shade years ago.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-10-2011, 04:55 PM

Yes, green is a most VILE color, :Agree . Probably no worse color to have on a football uniform, except purple of course! :D

flippy
01-10-2011, 05:03 PM
You never let us down by missing part of the game. I look forward to it as much as Peter King's coffee silliness.

What will redundantman be doing next week during game time? attending church, building bunk beds, feeding the homeless????

Sugar
01-10-2011, 05:23 PM
You never let us down by missing part of the game. I look forward to it as much as Peter King's coffee silliness.

What will redundantman be doing next week during game time? attending church, building bunk beds, feeding the homeless????

Don't know about reduntantman, but I'll be sound-checking for a show that night. This is one for the DVR, I guess.

RuthlessBurgher
01-10-2011, 05:39 PM

Yes, green is a most VILE color, :Agree . Probably no worse color to have on a football uniform, except purple of course! :D

I like the green that the Minnesota Wild use for their alternate jerseys...

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/352/695/95898457_display_image.jpg?1282329015

NJ-STEELER
01-10-2011, 06:07 PM
gimmie the green the northstars used to have

or the reggie white eagles one

ramblinjim
01-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Love the "thoughts" Redendantman.... Reading them is somewhat of a stress reliever because I have gone into panic mode ever since we drew the ravens. I hope our team is ready to bring their A+ game because you know the ravens will be foaming at the mouth. All they want to do is beat Pittsburgh.... I don't think they would care if they fell on their faces after that.... Honestly I think this is the superbowl. Whoever wins this game will not be stopped!

Watching the packers defense flying to the ball like a pack of wild animals made my mouth water for the Dom Capers "Blitzburgh" days. What he's done for that packer defense in just a couple of years, with all of their injuries is unreal. They look like the team to beat in the nfc.

Anyways! I lining up my sedatives for saturday's game. These steelers-ravens battles are bad for my health...

:Bow me too my friend, me too!

Jooser
01-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Reading the Ravens' board today, these guys act as though a victory on Saturday is a fore-gone conclusion since they blew out the **cough** Chiefs in the wildcard matchup. They say that the AFCCG will go through Baltimore, where they'll handily beat the Jets to advance to the Super Bowl. :D They have very short memories, I can't wait until Saturday.

Listening to NFL on Sirius today, a Seahag fan called in and said that nothing would be sweeter than to get a rematch against the Steelers in the Super Bowl. The host politely reminded him that he'll probably not get passed the Bears this weekend. Back to earth indeed Reduntantman.