PDA

View Full Version : Who Must Step Up.......

SidSmythe
01-10-2011, 07:44 AM
WHO MUST STEP UP.........

Lamar Woodley: He's had 10 quiet sacks this season. This is the time of year he has turned it on. I don't care about the sacks as much as I care about getting pressure. Woodley has 10 sacks, but I haven't seen him bring consistent pressure this year. Big playoffs means big payday for Woodley. Most likely won't be a Steeler next year so lets go out w/ a bang.

Special Teams: Don't give up points and field position. These guys need to take pride in what they do and step it up.

Emmanuel Sanders: Wallace is the man and Ward's play isn't what it use to be. Sanders needs to be big on 3rd down ...especially against the Ravens we will find ourselves in 3rd down situations often.

Jonathan Scott: Terrell Suggs is going to be looking for redemption from his missed sack on Sunday Night a few weeks ago. He hates the Steelers and Jonathan Scott must play the game of his life.

Bruce Arians: OK, the Ravens have seen it all before. Do what you do but put some sugar and spice in there. By that I don't mean "trick plays" and gadgets (although the Chiefs missed a flea flicker opportunity yesterday) ... I mean use a Fullback or something. Remember when Dan Krieder use to blow up Ray Lewis?? Put Legursky back there, I don't care. Pound Redman 3 straight plays ...something new. I don't care. I don't know, it would be nice to run the ball and not leave Ben back there all day hung out to dry.

AND FINALLY.......
YOU & ME, The Fans: Heinz is going to be crazy!!!!!!!!!

flippy
01-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Sid Smythe better really step up this week!!!

Have some beers and cheer extra loud for your boy flippy who will be at home yelling his butt off. Wooooohooooooo!!!!!!

Lets go!!!!!

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
01-10-2011, 09:38 AM
My list is very long...But I could tell you it numbers 45.

SidSmythe
01-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Sid Smythe better really step up this week!!!

Have some beers and cheer extra loud for your boy flippy who will be at home yelling his butt off. Wooooohooooooo!!!!!!

Lets go!!!!!

I promise not to lose my voice before I even enter the stadium this time!!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-10-2011, 10:37 AM
I clearly don't have a coach's temperament. I'm just p*ssed as h*ll that the Dolts lost, and now the *s will have a much less physical game than otherwise. Their jersey's may be so clean afterwards that they might could reuse them when they play us the next week.

And if I were a coach on the field, I'm sure I'd get ejected for foaming at the mouth and spitting on a ref for all the illegal hits the Ravens will not get called on ("... he was just trying to make a tackle") ... and for the phantom calls the refs are going to flag us for.

I CAN'T WAIT for 4:30 on Saturday!

CanadianSteel
01-10-2011, 10:57 AM
We need Mendy to have a good game, Ravens can be run on! Just not sure we can do it with our line..

You guys that will be at the game, yell extra loud for all of us that can't make it!!!

SidSmythe
01-10-2011, 11:05 AM
We need Mendy to have a good game, Ravens can be run on! Just not sure we can do it with our line..

You guys that will be at the game, yell extra loud for all of us that can't make it!!!

Chiefs Oline > Steelers OLine
Steelers QB > Chiefs QB
:ratsuck

grotonsteel
01-10-2011, 11:07 AM

Spread them out...don't freaking RUTM all the time...

Jamaal Charles was having success initially against Ratbirds. He fumbled the ball...killed a good drive and Chiefs went downhill afterwards.....Not blaming Charles for the loss but i think Chiefs struggled on the offense afterwards...

CanadianSteel
01-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Thats what i don't understand about the Chiefs, you have Charles go for something like 8 carries 86 yards and they don't give him the ball the rest of the game. check the box scores, it's been happening all year.

CanadianSteel
01-10-2011, 11:12 AM

Chiefs Oline > Steelers OLine
Steelers QB > Chiefs QB
:ratsuck

this is true, not saying i want to run it 40 times, just want to run it well when we do run it.

grotonsteel
01-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Thats what i don't understand about the Chiefs, you have Charles go for something like 8 carries 86 yards and they don't give him the ball the rest of the game. check the box scores, it's been happening all year.

Charles has YPA of around 6.5 which is i think 2nd best in history of NFL. Why he was not a bigger part of offense is baffling.

Even with 2 scores down going into 4th Q i would still give the ball to him because he is a home run hitter and the best player on KC offense.

I think Charlie Weis was already in Sunshine State.

CanadianSteel
01-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Can you imagine the Fire BA talk if Mendy was putting up 6.5 YPC and getting 12 carries a game? ROFL

RussBII
01-10-2011, 11:28 AM
It's the playoffs. Everyone has to step up. That's the attitude we need.

SidSmythe
01-10-2011, 11:35 AM

I think our team has stepped up all year
but these players need to bring it up a notch.
Woodley needs to bring it relentlessly and not disappear and Sanders needs to play like a veteran.

RussBII
01-10-2011, 12:06 PM

I think our team has stepped up all year
but these players need to bring it up a notch.
Woodley needs to bring it relentlessly and not disappear and Sanders needs to play like a veteran.

I agree with this. I'm just saying everyone needs to be giving 100% and going. IF they step up and Ike, Harrison, Troy, Ben and Mendy all mail it in, we're screwed.

So everyone should play like it's the playoffs.