PDA

View Full Version : fourth time out?

Djfan
01-09-2011, 08:41 PM
The Eagles just got charged with a fourth time out. Under one minute, no time outs the clock stops. Go figure.

The reffing situation needs help. BADLY!!!

RKSteel
01-09-2011, 10:32 PM
Pretty sure it was the same ref from the 05 colts playoff, Marinelli(sp). I thought it is a loss of down penalty.

They almost blew the 2pt play, but 1 of the nine refs remembered it was a 10yd penaly only.

Flasteel
01-09-2011, 10:39 PM
If an offensive player is injured in the last 2 minutes and the team is out of time outs, then I think it's normally a 10-second run-off. I could have sworn I heard the announcers say that because the player could not leave the field, the 10 seconds weren't run off.

Djfan
01-09-2011, 10:44 PM
If an offensive player is injured in the last 2 minutes and the team is out of time outs, then I think it's normally a 10-second run-off. I could have sworn I heard the announcers say that because the player could not leave the field, the 10 seconds weren't run off.

Then when they reset the ball, start the clock. Otherwise it is a free time out.

NJ-STEELER
01-09-2011, 10:53 PM
the pass was incomplete

thats why the clock stopped

Wolfhound45
01-09-2011, 10:58 PM
the pass was incomplete

This. Because the clock was already stopped for an incomplete there was no ten second run off.

A timeout has to be charged under two minutes. If not then everyone would have an "injury" during a last second drive with no timeouts.

Djfan
01-09-2011, 11:06 PM
the pass was incomplete

This. Because the clock was already stopped for an incomplete there was no ten second run off.

A timeout has to be charged under two minutes. If not then everyone would have an "injury" during a last second drive with no timeouts.

Fair enough. I didn't notice that it was a pass.

Wolfhound45
01-09-2011, 11:11 PM
the pass was incomplete

If I am remembering the play correctly, dude was CRUSHED on the play. They were debating whether it was a "defenseless player" type of call. Total garbage. A very hard, clean hit.

Crash
01-09-2011, 11:34 PM
The clock was stopped. That's why the # of TO's didn't matter. Had it been stopped when the clock is running? 10 second run off. They got that one right.

But botching the 2 point try with the penalty was shameful. How can Morelli still have a job after the game in 2005 is laughable.

proudpittsburgher
01-10-2011, 10:50 AM
the pass was incomplete

If I am remembering the play correctly, dude was CRUSHED on the play. They were debating whether it was a "defenseless player" type of call. Total garbage. A very hard, clean hit.

The defender actually pulled back from the hit, which IMO is why the penalty wasn't called. It shouldn't have been called either way since the ball was still in the picture when the hit occured. The reason he was down so long was because of gettign hit right in the gut. . . either he had the wind knocked out of him or a broken rib.

RKSteel
01-10-2011, 10:51 AM
The clock was stopped. That's why the # of TO's didn't matter. Had it been stopped when the clock is running? 10 second run off. They got that one right.

But botching the 2 point try with the penalty was shameful. How can Morelli still have a job after the game in 2005 is laughable.
Got it, didn't know that if the clock was stopped, it would not be a penalty.