PDA

View Full Version : Well I guess???

AkronSteel
01-09-2011, 04:17 PM
Guess it will be the Ratbirds next week playing in the Burgh?? Wish we could have avoided them until at least the AFCC but alas they will be a tough opponent for the Steelers first game!!!

:ratsuck

birtikidis
01-09-2011, 04:19 PM
yea, looks to be that way. Damn Cassel SUCKS.

steelsun7
01-09-2011, 04:21 PM
yeah....pretty much expected.....oh by the way..... :ratsuck

SteelBucks
01-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Bring em on! :ratsuck

Wolfhound45
01-09-2011, 04:22 PM
This is the game I did not want. But we definitely got it. Only good thing that can come out of this is if the Jets knock the Pats* out next Sunday and we (possibly) could play them in Pittsburgh for the AFCCG.

hawaiiansteel
01-09-2011, 04:23 PM
the Chiefs are not playoff worthy...

bring on the Ravens for a 2 out of 3 rubber match! :tt2

Djfan
01-09-2011, 04:24 PM
The Chiefs are one good QB away from being a contender. Cassell sucks.

hawaiiansteel
01-09-2011, 04:39 PM
http://psamp.com/images/stories/baltimoresucksjuleen.jpg

Steeler Shades
01-09-2011, 04:40 PM
Chiefs need more than a QB. They definitely need some faster LBs that can tackle. Another OL wouldn't hurt either. 8)

hawaiiansteel
01-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Chiefs need more than a QB. They definitely need some faster LBs that can tackle. Another OL wouldn't hurt either. 8)

and someone who can cover a TE, Todd Heap has 10 catches for over a 100 yards.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll36/kai_ian/ravens.jpg

Wolfhound45
01-09-2011, 04:48 PM
That was nice tune-up playoff game for the Ratbirds. That is what worries me most. We are rested (which is good) but they are tested (which - IMHO - is even better).

This is going to be a very, very tough game next week.

Believe that.

Sugar
01-09-2011, 04:55 PM
That was nice tune-up playoff game for the Ratbirds. That is what worries me most. We are rested (which is good) but they are tested (which - IMHO - is even better).

Believe that.

I'm thinking this game has only pumped them up, rather than slow them down. They have already beaten us in our building this year without Reed. While I believe having Ben makes the difference here, we are looking at the hardest possible road to the SB. IDK, maybe it's better that way?

At least NFL fans will be treated to a hard-hitting matchup that should come down to the end (as our matchups with the Ravens often do). The other AFC matchup is a blowout waiting to happen and I wouldn't be shocked if the Patriots won by 20.

Djfan
01-09-2011, 05:01 PM

Believe that.

I'm thinking this game has only pumped them up, rather than slow them down. They have already beaten us in our building this year without Reed. While I believe having Ben makes the difference here, we are looking at the hardest possible road to the SB. IDK, maybe it's better that way?

At least NFL fans will be treated to a hard-hitting matchup that should come down to the end (as our matchups with the Ravens often do). The other AFC matchup is a blowout waiting to happen and I wouldn't be shocked if the Patriots won by 20.

You never know, Sugar. (Man, that was hard to type. I hope you're a girl!)

The Jets looked very good yesterday. Granted it wasn't a powerhouse that they beat, but it will give momentum and hope.

Go Jets!

D Rock
01-09-2011, 05:06 PM
The Ravens didn't scare me at all watching that game today.

Defensively:

Stop heap. John McGraw couldn't do it, but I have a feeling that Timmons and Polamalu may be a bit better suited to do that.

Whatever KC did to pressure Flacco worked. Do that. He looked shaken early, and not particularly strong all day.

Offensively:

Don't turn the ball over. KC's offense handed Baltimore the ball in fantastic field position a number of times. If you don't do that, their offense isn't good enough to beat the Steelers defense.

20 - 9 Steelers!

Sugar
01-09-2011, 05:08 PM

Believe that.

The Jets looked very good yesterday. Granted it wasn't a powerhouse that they beat, but it will give momentum and hope.

Go Jets!

Yeah, I'm a dude (as was Sugar Ray Robinson) :lol:

I thought the Jets looked like crap yesterday and felt the Colts beat themselves more than NY imposed their will on them. Sanchez is on the lower side of the mid-tier QB's in this league and the NE D will simply need to keep them under 20 points, which should be very doable. On the other end, Brady and Co. will not fold up like Manning and his crew did yesterday. That was flat embarassing. I'm thinking 35-13 or something like that for NE.

DukieBoy
01-09-2011, 05:20 PM

Believe that.

Go Jets!

Yeah, I'm a dude (as was Sugar Ray Robinson) :lol:

I thought the Jets looked like crap yesterday and felt the Colts beat themselves more than NY imposed their will on them. Sanchez is on the lower side of the mid-tier QB's in this league and the NE D will simply need to keep them under 20 points, which should be very doable. On the other end, Brady and Co. will not fold up like Manning and his crew did yesterday. That was flat embarassing. I'm thinking 35-13 or something like that for NE.
And so, Footsies will have his team get very physical with the Cheats*, try to beat the snot out of them, and try to draw them into a mano-a-mano brawl. The Cheats* won't get sucked in, but they will get beat up a bit, IMO.

feltdizz
01-09-2011, 05:25 PM
I forgot how horrible Cassell is under pressure.

I wasn't impressed by Baltimore... Cassell only had 15 or so pass attempts with 2 picks, Weis is going to Florida and called the game like he was trying to catch an earlier flight.
The Chiefs got good pressure on Flacco but they left the middle of the field wide open and had 15 yard cushions on the wideouts.

Flacco will not run for 1000 yards like he did today.

Sanchez sucks but I wouldn't count them out of this game.... they beat the Pats already and were spanked one time. Without Moss though I'm anxious to see how Revis and the DB's match up on Welker and the TE's.

DukieBoy
01-09-2011, 05:25 PM

Believe that.
Gotta like the evolution of the Steelers offensive game with the growing chemistry between Ben and the young receivers, the quick passing component to the game, and the always-present threat of the deep ball. I like that vs the Ravens D. The Chefs showed none of that today.

feltdizz
01-09-2011, 05:26 PM

Believe that.
Gotta like the evolution of the Steelers offensive game with the growing chemistry between Ben and the young receivers, the quick passing component to the game, and the always-present threat of the deep ball. I like that vs the Ravens D. The Chefs showed none of that today.

Cassell threw 4 deep balls and all were out of bounds..LOL

SteelAbility
01-09-2011, 08:31 PM

Believe that.

Go Jets!

It's a good thing your screen name isn't Honey. :P

Wolfhound45
01-09-2011, 08:32 PM
And so, Footsies will have his team get very physical with the Cheats*, try to beat the snot out of them, and try to draw them into a mano-a-mano brawl. The Cheats* won't get sucked in, but they will get beat up a bit, IMO.

The Jets have the best chance of beating the Pats* on the road. They know each other and it is very personal with them. Should be a good game actually.

NorthCoast
01-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Our biggest worry should be coming out with a win and no major injuries. This game will be brutal on both sides. I expect Harrison to return to form, since it's won or done. Chiefs didn't do enough damage to the Ravens players today....as someone else said, it was almost like a tune-up for the Steelers game.
We get an early lead, the complexion of the game changes because Flacco just ain't that good in the clutch.

RuthlessBurgher
01-09-2011, 09:12 PM

Believe that.

Go Jets!

It's a good thing your screen name isn't Honey. :P

Be glad we aren't Bears fans:

http://www.point-spreads.com/images/stories/lovie-smith.jpghttp://www.pinkraygun.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/mrs-howell.jpg

Sugar
01-09-2011, 10:52 PM

The Jets have the best chance of beating the Pats* on the road. They know each other and it is very personal with them. Should be a good game actually.

I hope you're right, but I still think the Pat's will win by 20. They'll get up on the Jets early and Sanchez will be out to sea without a paddle.

Wolfhound45
01-09-2011, 11:02 PM
I hope you're right, but I still think the Pat's* will win by 20. They'll get up on the Jets early and Sanchez will be out to sea without a paddle.

In most instances, I would agree wholeheartedly. However, as we we learned with Seattle-New Orleans, it is the playoffs. Anything can happen.

For right now, I am a Jets fan.

J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS!

:tt1

Crash
01-09-2011, 11:57 PM
Sanders and Brown are the key. If we get them involved and involved early we'll blow them out. Run the ball through spread sets also.

If we waste too much time with jumbo sets and Spaeth and Johnson it will be a nail biter.

DukieBoy
01-10-2011, 12:35 AM
Sanders and Brown are the key. If we get them involved and involved early we'll blow them out. Run the ball through spread sets also.

If we waste too much time with jumbo sets and Spaeth and Johnson it will be a nail biter.
Speed on the edges will do in their defense, if it is used wisely. Make that hefty slow defense run sideline to sideline and all over the field. They will tire. Ben's got the gun and several go-to's to do that (unlike Cassell).

proudpittsburgher
01-10-2011, 10:34 AM
I really think the Jets learned a lot from the win over the Colts. For al the high-powered history, the Colts have been a team who likes a lot of dinks and dumps, much like what NE does. Rex didn't throw the kitchen sink against the Colts and it worked. Expect to see a lot of that against NE. While I think the pats will win, I think it;s going to be a late FG that does the trick. And while I didn't mind the Steelers playing the Ravens, I hate the idea that whomever wins this game is going to be banged up going into NE.

costanza2k1
01-10-2011, 11:53 AM
...it will be a nail biter.

I often wonder if I'll be able to watch the Steelers play as I get older. I swear I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack watching some of those Ravens Steelers games. I need to the Steelers to win big for health purposes.
:)

NW Steeler
01-10-2011, 12:05 PM
:Agree

I hope we win comfortably, but I know that is unlikely. As long as we win, I will survive.

:ratsuck

MeetJoeGreene
01-10-2011, 12:07 PM

Speed on the edges will do in their defense, if it is used wisely. Make that hefty slow defense run sideline to sideline and all over the field. They will tire. Ben's got the gun and several go-to's to do that (unlike Cassell).

I don't think Mendy will have any luck running inside. We should run him OUTSIDE on the Ravens. I still think Redman may have some success inside, but that shouldn't be our Bread and Butter.

RuthlessBurgher
01-10-2011, 01:24 PM

I don't think Mendy will have any luck running inside. We should run him OUTSIDE on the Ravens. I still think Redman may have some success inside, but that shouldn't be our Bread and Butter.

:Agree

Just don't do it on 4th and inches like that stupid pitchout play to Charles that got blown up in the backfield.