PDA

View Full Version : Only 16 points at home against a #6 seed?

Crash
01-09-2011, 12:15 AM
One and done again? 10 playoff losses in 13 years?

Why is he better than Ben again?

steelfin
01-09-2011, 12:17 AM
Let's hope we are not one and done after next week...

grotonsteel
01-09-2011, 12:18 AM

Don't worry there are already threads blaming Colt defense...

Double standard at its best...

BURGH86STEEL

Do you watch games? Peyton is a better QB then Ben.

Winning games is usually determined by how well teams perform.

AkronSteel
He's not!!! Just a media darling who puts up good numbers in the regular season then doesn't get it done in the playoffs!!! Typical year for Peyton and the Colts.....Go Chiefs tomorrow!!!

grotonsteel
01-09-2011, 12:21 AM

Peyton is a better QB then Ben.

:lol:

He is a bigger choke artist than Ben..i will give it to you that

steelfin
01-09-2011, 12:22 AM

Is there big guy....I never said PM was better than Ben. I just said that the Indy defense lost the game and not PM...

Not sure where the double standard crap is coming from.

Steelgal
01-09-2011, 12:24 AM

Yes because Manning would thrive behind the same oline Ben has had for years..... Please, as soon as pressure comes, he falls down into a fetal position to avoid being hit. Give me Ben any day to the wimp and choker.

feltdizz
01-09-2011, 12:24 AM

The horror... fans blaming the defense for letting Sanchez march down to the 10 in 30 seconds after a 50 yard kick off return.

Surely it's the OC and QB's fault.

Crash
01-09-2011, 12:26 AM

Ben has more than Peyton has since Ben arrived.

One and done SEVEN TIMES in Peyton's career. Ben? Once in six years and would have to go WINLESS in the playoffs for the next 6 years to match that. We both know that will never happen.

Peyton's the better fantasy player.

Ben is the better FOOTBALL player.

feltdizz

Is there big guy....I never said PM was better than Ben. I just said that the Indy defense lost the game and not PM...

Not sure where the double standard crap is coming from.

by that same logic Ben was to blame for missing the playoffs last year. But I forgot... all that blame falls on the OC because fans don't blame Ben for anything. It makes no sense at all.

grotonsteel

The horror... fans blaming the defense for letting Sanchez march down to the 10 in 30 seconds after a 50 yard kick off return.

Isn't it the case when Steelers play???

Same people who are slobbering on PM will blame Ben and Steelers Offense for not scoring more points.

feltdizz
01-09-2011, 12:27 AM

One and done SEVEN TIMES in Peyton's career. Ben? Once in six years and would have to go WINLESS in the playoffs for the next 6 years to match that. We both know that will never happen.

Peyton is the better regular season QB... Ben is the better post season QB.

feltdizz
01-09-2011, 12:30 AM

Isn't it the case when Steelers play???

Same people who are slobbering on PM will blame Ben and Steelers Offense for not scoring more points.

When Peyton has 3 INT's he is to blame....

I don't care how many points a team scores.. i they take the lead in the last 2 minutes and the D doesn't seal the deal the D gets the majority of the blame.

I have no idea why people blamed Ben and the O last year... it was clearly the D that held us back.

grotonsteel
01-09-2011, 12:30 AM

Peyton is the better regular season QB... Ben is the better post season QB.

Peyton is the better regular season QB in DOME..

BURGH86STEEL
01-09-2011, 12:35 AM

Yes because Manning would thrive behind the same oline Ben has had for years..... Please, as soon as pressure comes, he falls down into a fetal position to avoid being hit. Give me Ben any day to the wimp and choker.

Manning's line has been far from great. It's been patch work for the last few years. He's one reason why they appear to look better in pass protection then they appear. That's because he typically makes quick decisions with the football.

Avoiding the hits is smart. Most times, taking those hits is a losing proposition for QB's. It serves no purpose to take unnecessary hits. I'd rather have my QB lay down then to have him injured when he could had avoided a hit. Always smart to live to play another play. We can only hope Ben eventually figures that out to have a longer career.

Wimp and chokers are not good adjectives to describe great football players.

I'd take either QB on my team. Some Steeler's fans insecurities won't allow them to make that statement.

Crash
01-09-2011, 12:35 AM
I have no idea why people blamed Ben and the O last year... it was clearly the D that held us back.

Because old geezer fans are too pre-occupied with running the football.

feltdizz
01-09-2011, 12:36 AM
and Ben is the better QB on sand...LOL.

I get tired of hearing about how another QB would do in Pittsburgh or Ben behind another OL. They play for different teams and that is the only way you can judge them.

Crash
01-09-2011, 12:37 AM
I'd take either QB on my team.

You are down 4 points.

One drive to win a Super Bowl.

Ben or Peyton.

Who do you take?

feltdizz
01-09-2011, 12:47 AM

You are down 4 points.

Ben or Peyton.

Who do you take?

That is a no brainer...

but some Steeler fans need to bash other good QB's to feel better about Ben.

I don't give a damn if Peyton wins or loses... but I on't hold him accountable when it clearly wasn't his fault for this loss. He has enough bad games on his resume already...LOL. Why some feel the need to make this one of them is beyond me.

BURGH86STEEL
01-09-2011, 12:47 AM

You are down 4 points.

Ben or Peyton.

Who do you take?

As I stated, I'd take either. Since you appear to be up on stats, how many 4th game winning drive does Peyton have? If you understand that, you will understand why I'd take Ben, Brady, or Manning in that situation.

I don't live in the same world of homerism as some fans. I recognize great plays and players from other teams.

Steelhere10
01-09-2011, 12:48 AM

You are down 4 points.

Ben or Peyton.

Who do you take?Let me think a minute, Ok Ben was down drove the length of the field to win the SB . Manning threw a pick 6 to Porter... OK i take Ben all day and twice on Sunday.

Steelhere10

You are down 4 points.

Ben or Peyton.

Who do you take?Let me think a minute, Ok Ben was down drove the length of the field to win the SB . Manning threw a pick 6 to Porter... OK i take Ben all day and twice on Sunday.

Crash

You are down 4 points.

Ben or Peyton.

Who do you take?

That is a no brainer...

I don't give a damn if Peyton wins or loses... but I on't hold him accountable when it clearly wasn't his fault for this loss. He has enough bad games on his resume already...LOL. Why some feel the need to make this one of them is beyond me.

So 16 points is enough against a #6 seed at home?

BURGH86STEEL
01-09-2011, 12:49 AM

You are down 4 points.

Ben or Peyton.

Who do you take?

That is a no brainer...

Because some Steelers fans are insecure about their team. It's not enough to be the only franchise to win 6 SB's.

steelfin
01-09-2011, 12:50 AM

You are down 4 points.

Ben or Peyton.

Who do you take?

That is a no brainer...

$$$$$$$$

Crash
01-09-2011, 12:51 AM
Since you appear to be up on stats, how many 4th game winning drive does Peyton have?

I THINK he has more than Ben.

But I don't believe he has as many as Ben since 2004. Peyton's been in the league almost twice as long as Ben. HE BETTER have more 4th quarter comebacks when he has played 13 years and Ben has played seven.

Steelgal
01-09-2011, 12:54 AM

You are down 4 points.

Ben or Peyton.

Who do you take?

As I stated, I'd take either. Since you appear to be up on stats, how many 4th game winning drive does Peyton have? If you understand that, you will understand why I'd take Ben, Brady, or Manning in that situation.

I don't live in the same world of homerism as some fans. I recognize great plays and players from other teams.

Peyton Manning now has now lost more playoff games, then he's won. He GREAT in the regular season, but doesn't have the same 'mojo' in the playoffs. Tom and Ben both have it. I'd take Brady over Manning easily. I have no problems giving other team's players props, but in the post season Manning doesn't play as well. Even the year they won the Superbowl, it was the defense who really stepped it up. Manning played well enough to win and that's all that matters, but it wasn't 'typical' Peyton Manning.

feltdizz
01-09-2011, 12:56 AM

You are down 4 points.

Ben or Peyton.

Who do you take?

That is a no brainer...

when the other team has 14 points with 1:30 left it should be enough...

NJ-STEELER
01-09-2011, 12:56 AM
sorry, i dont see the hard nosed fans of pittsburgh actually cheering when pey pey takes a flop like he did right before the half.

that has to embarrass some colts fans

Steelgal
01-09-2011, 12:58 AM

You are down 4 points.

Ben or Peyton.

Who do you take?

That is a no brainer...

when the other team has 14 points with 1:30 left it should be enough...

Why Caldwell called a TO during the final minute baffles me......

feltdizz
01-09-2011, 01:02 AM
sorry, i dont see the hard nosed fans of pittsburgh actually cheering when pey pey takes a flop like he did right before the half.

that has to embarrass some colts fans

Peyton hasn't missed a game since he entered the league if I'm not mistaken.

Colts fans are used to seeing him do that... Ben is one of the few who take 5 hits on 1 sack. It's part of the reason he doesn't get any calls because you never know if he is actually down.

Irongut
01-09-2011, 01:09 AM
Peyton would have a fistful of rings if he played with our defense since 1998, just like Ben has two playing with our defense since 2004.

BURGH86STEEL
01-09-2011, 01:13 AM
Peyton would have a fistful of rings if he played with our defense since 1998, just like Ben has two playing with our defense since 2004.

It would be interesting to see Peyton Manning type of production pared with the Steelers defense consistently.

grotonsteel
01-09-2011, 01:18 AM

And why do you think so?

I would say Ben would throw for 60 TD in a regular season if he was playing for Colts right now.

Irongut
01-09-2011, 01:20 AM

And why do you think so?

I would say Ben would throw for 60 TD in a regular season if he was playing for Colts right now.

Did you mean 60 sacks?

NJ-STEELER
01-09-2011, 01:20 AM
there's little chance we would have the same Defense...just look at the colts draft record over the year with their #1's trying to appease Pey Pey...looks great for his stats though. prolly makes archie happy and this way he doesn't have to ask for a trade like little brother did wwwhhhhaaaa wwwhhhaaa

replace troy, casey, Zig, woodley, mcfadden with donald brown, addai, gonzo, clark and he might put up those same stats here

grotonsteel
01-09-2011, 01:22 AM

And why do you think so?

Did you mean 60 sacks?

Awww...why do you think so??? Again Ben QB rating is 104 in dome if i am not mistaken.

Can you tell what Peyton Manning has done in a cold weather???

Just because you think Ben is dumb/stupid/idiotic QB does not make him one.

papillon
01-09-2011, 01:26 AM
Peyton has a lot of great games on his resume and a lot of bad games on his resume today's game was neither, but closer to a bad gamer than a good game. The offense failed on four 3rd and 1 situations and a 3rd and 6 that would have iced the game if the throw was good.

It wasn't Peyton's fault they lost, but he had a large hand in the Colts "not winning" the game. He wasn't sharp today on a consistent enough basis to win the game, it happens. But, in an ugly game like that I'll take Ben to find a way to win over Peyton.

Pappy

Steelgal
01-09-2011, 11:32 AM
Peyton has a lot of great games on his resume and a lot of bad games on his resume today's game was neither, but closer to a bad gamer than a good game. The offense failed on four 3rd and 1 situations and a 3rd and 6 that would have iced the game if the throw was good.

It wasn't Peyton's fault they lost, but he had a large hand in the Colts "not winning" the game. He wasn't sharp today on a consistent enough basis to win the game, it happens. But, in an ugly game like that I'll take Ben to find a way to win over Peyton.

Pappy

+1

Pappy, you're always the voice of reason. I try to be diplomatic and tactful in my discussions most of the time, but it never comes across that way. You on the other hand always state your point very well and I enjoy reading your posts :Clap

BURGH86STEEL
01-09-2011, 12:41 PM

Pappy

Good post. I thought the throw was good enough for the WR to make the catch. Peyton helped to put the team in a position to win. The special teams and defense came up short for the Colts. Similar to what the Steelers faced a few times last season. Those losses helped to keep the Steelers out of the playoffs.

Crash
01-09-2011, 12:56 PM

Peyton's defense hasn't been bad since 2004. Quit believing the Manning PR machine's excuses.

His defense gave up 17 points at home last night. All Peyton's offense had to do, was score 18 lousy points to advance.

They didn't.

Peyton has one ring, and he was carried to it.

Overrated.

Chachi
01-09-2011, 01:17 PM

I don't hold playoff losses against QBs as heavily as others do. When you enter the playoffs every team but one ends with a loss. Having a lot of losses just means they made the playoffs a ton...and they didn't win the superbowl more often, but, again, only one team has that honor so the odds are stacked against you.

I hold against him his losing playoff record more than just the pure number of losses. This reflects his teams having more "1 and done" trips which I see as more detrimental than not being able to win it all every year.

Ben has a much better playoff record than Peyton, but, IIRC, Ben and his team have already missed as many or more playoffs than Peyton and his teams have.....and Peyton has been around 6 years or so longer. There is something to be said in the ability to get your team to the playoffs so often.

But, I don't mean this post to be a Ben vs. Peyton competition, I am just stating my feelings on holding pure playoff losses vs. the whole record (+/- .500) against a QB. I see the latter more important than the former.

Crash
01-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Only Peyton's nut huggers would ignore the fact that 4 times in the last seven seasons his defense has ranked in the top 8 in the NFL in points against. They were #2 in 2005, Peyton was "one and done". They were #1 in 2007, once again they were "one and done".

If that's not enough defense for Peyton to win with? Then he's not as good as his worshipers think he is and the Colts need to change how they go about winning games and diminish Manning's input/role in the offense.

Crash
01-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Ben has a much better playoff record than Peyton, but, IIRC, Ben and his team have already missed as many or more playoffs than Peyton and his teams have

After 7 years in the league BOTH Ben and Peyton saw the playoffs five times.

Crash
01-09-2011, 01:26 PM
2002 the Colts were #7 in points against. Once again, one and done.

Five times in the last 9 seasons the Colts were 8th or better in points against.

They went one and done, in 4 of the 5 seasons.

How much defense does the alleged greatest of all time according to some need anyway?

Steelgal
01-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Just checked the numbers to compare Peyton's performance last night to his season average.

Manning's 2010 regular season passing yard/game - 288.1
2010 regular season total yards/game - 380.8
2010 regular season points/game - 27.2

Last night's playoff game passing yards - 225
total yards - 318
points scored - 16

This isn't all on Manning, but they scored 10+ less points last night than they average during the regular season. Granted, they play in a VERY weak division during the season, but scoring that fewer points in a playoff game isn't going to win games. Especially when your defense is okay, but not great.

feltdizz
01-09-2011, 02:25 PM

Peyton's defense hasn't been bad since 2004. Quit believing the Manning PR machine's excuses.

His defense gave up 17 points at home last night. All Peyton's offense had to do, was score 18 lousy points to advance.

They didn't.

Overrated.

wait a minute... when fans blamed the offense last year for those 4th quarter losses you were the first to point out the D's failure to stop the opponent after the O scored.

Now that it happened to Manning the D gets no blame?

Irongut
01-09-2011, 02:32 PM
The Colts allowed 38 rushes for 169 yards and 2td's.

The Colts allowed the Jets to hold the ball for over 33 minutes.

The Jets played soft and "bend, don't break" and even moreso after Peyton burned them to Garcon.

Peyton should have scored more imo but Caldwell is a blockhead who should be fired. He's a coward coach, yet Peyton managed the game, drove for the winning score when needed and had a passer rating north of 108.

You can certainly place some blame on Peyton and the offense for not scoring more but the primary reason this game was lost was on defense.

Irongut
01-09-2011, 02:34 PM

They didn't.

Overrated.

wait a minute... when fans blamed the offense last year for those 4th quarter losses you were the first to point out the D's failure to stop the opponent after the O scored.

You're surprised by this how? Crash is a Ben fan, not a defense or Steelers fan.

NJ-STEELER
01-09-2011, 03:28 PM
wow

they held the ball for a whole 3 minutes more then the colts

domination!!!

Steelhere10
01-09-2011, 05:15 PM
The Colts allowed 38 rushes for 169 yards and 2td's.

The Colts allowed the Jets to hold the ball for over 33 minutes.

The Jets played soft and "bend, don't break" and even moreso after Peyton burned them to Garcon.

Peyton should have scored more imo but Caldwell is a blockhead who should be fired. He's a coward coach, yet Peyton managed the game, drove for the winning score when needed and had a passer rating north of 108.

You can certainly place some blame on Peyton and the offense for not scoring more but the primary reason this game was lost was on defense.
Why should he be fired? When Peyton run the team. And call most if not all his plays. Please tell me so I can understand.

drprwnap
01-09-2011, 06:37 PM

Do you watch the playoffs :?: To me, the better QB is determined by PLAYOFF games. You could not give me 3 Paytons for one Ben. Ben is head and shoulders (no pun intended) better than Payton in the playoffs!

aggiebones
01-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Trent Dilfer is better than Marino. Yea Baby.

drprwnap
01-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Only Peyton's nut huggers would ignore the fact that 4 times in the last seven seasons his defense has ranked in the top 8 in the NFL in points against. They were #2 in 2005, Peyton was "one and done". They were #1 in 2007, once again they were "one and done".

If that's not enough defense for Peyton to win with? Then he's not as good as his worshipers think he is and the Colts need to change how they go about winning games and diminish Manning's input/role in the offense.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Crash
01-09-2011, 11:46 PM

Sure they do. But lets not hold a sob party for Peyton when they scored 16 friggin' points against a #6 seed at home. That game was only close because their offense struggled.

hawaiiansteel
01-10-2011, 12:16 AM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a209/movemaker/Peyton-Manning-firsttothird.jpg

skyhawk
01-10-2011, 12:23 AM

Sure they do. But lets not hold a sob party for Peyton when they scored 16 friggin' points against a #6 seed at home. That game was only close because their offense struggled.

Very true. But, They played a pretty darned good D in the Jets. They had their number.

Just like NE has Pittsburgh's number.

Payton is a great pure passer, just like Marino was. Didn't get em much though. Of course, Marino's D's were PATHETIC.

NJ-STEELER
01-10-2011, 04:04 AM
Reggie Wayne still was doing a slow, quiet, frustrating burn as he deliberately dressed.

"It's bull. It's bull, man," the five-time Pro Bowl receiver said after being a non-factor in the Indianapolis Colts' 17-16 loss to the New York Jets in Saturday night's AFC wild-card playoff game at Lucas Oil Stadium.

"I give everything I've got no matter what. Every day, I give it everything. And . . . one ball, that's all."

During the regular season, Wayne finished second in the NFL with a career-best 111 receptions. Against the Jets and Pro Bowl cornerback Darrelle Revis, he had one catch for 1 yard.

More frustrating to Wayne was the fact quarterback Peyton Manning delivered only one pass in his direction.

"I shouldn't have even suited up," Wayne said. "I should have watched the game like everybody else. I was irrelevant."

The last time Wayne had just one catch in a game in which he played from start to finish was Sept. 9, 2004, at New England (one catch, 42 yards).

papillon
01-10-2011, 07:50 AM
Reggie Wayne still was doing a slow, quiet, frustrating burn as he deliberately dressed.

"It's bull. It's bull, man," the five-time Pro Bowl receiver said after being a non-factor in the Indianapolis Colts' 17-16 loss to the New York Jets in Saturday night's AFC wild-card playoff game at Lucas Oil Stadium.

"I give everything I've got no matter what. Every day, I give it everything. And . . . one ball, that's all."

During the regular season, Wayne finished second in the NFL with a career-best 111 receptions. Against the Jets and Pro Bowl cornerback Darrelle Revis, he had one catch for 1 yard.

More frustrating to Wayne was the fact quarterback Peyton Manning delivered only one pass in his direction.

"I shouldn't have even suited up," Wayne said. "I should have watched the game like everybody else. I was irrelevant."

The last time Wayne had just one catch in a game in which he played from start to finish was Sept. 9, 2004, at New England (one catch, 42 yards).

I'm not sure what his (Wayne) gripe is all about, every time they showed his match up with Revis he was unable to get open. Darrelle Revis covered him like a blanket.

Pappy

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-10-2011, 12:39 PM

Are you putting him behind our Oline too? We know how well the mobile Manning does when faced with pressure.

Crash
01-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Once again Iron43 here ignores the two years since 2005 the Colts were #1 and #2 in points against, they were one and done.

Totally kills his argument. Much like the brain cells in his head.

The Sodfather
01-11-2011, 07:43 AM
Only 16 points at home against a #6 seed?

What if we score only 16 points at home against the #5 seed?

Steelgal
01-11-2011, 10:32 AM
[quote=" ":2fs8dmlc]

What if we score only 16 points at home against the #5 seed?[/quote:2fs8dmlc]

Then there's a good chance we will lose. Baltimore's offense was looking good against the Chiefs this past weekend, but the Chiefs aren't a real good measuring stick IMO. This could be a higher scoring game than what we might think. Not saying it will be a major thing, but I could see both teams in the 20's or one in the 30's. Hopefully it's the Steelers on top.

Doyle37
01-11-2011, 10:58 AM
If Troy doesn't make that play in Baltimore, we are the #6 seed and would anyone feel the same if it were the Steelers, as the #6 seed that shut down KC ??

Doyle37
01-11-2011, 11:01 AM
If Troy doesn't make that play in Baltimore, we are the #6 seed and would anyone feel the same if it were the Steelers, as the #6 seed that shut down KC ??

Oops...I mean Indy.

grotonsteel
01-11-2011, 11:25 AM
[quote=" ":36tz79ip]

What if we score only 16 points at home against the #5 seed?[/quote:36tz79ip]

When Steelers scored 17 points against Jets people were blaming Steelers Offense for being ineffective. They forgot field position was a big factor in that game.

There are few people who would then slobber on Peyton Manning and blame Ben for not throwing like Peyton or not studying films like Peyton Manning.

But when Colts offensive juggernaut score only 16 points same people are blaming their D and ST and defending Peyton Manning. It hurts few people that Ben is a better QB than Peyton.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Apples to apples here folks.......

Put Peyton behind the OL that Ben has played behind throughout much of his career and make him play on the dogtrack that we call Heinz Field 8 times a year. Throw in bad weather for half of those games and then make him play in cold weather cities like Cincy, Baltimore and Cleveland instead of Jacksonville, Houston and Nashville.

I'll let you decide on which receiving corps to be used.

Question #1: Can he even come close to putting up the same numbers that he has in his career?

Question #2: Who would you rather have as your QB in this situation, PM or Ben?

feltdizz
01-11-2011, 12:15 PM
[quote=" ":3bykrs3r]

When Steelers scored 17 points against Jets people were blaming Steelers Offense for being ineffective. They forgot field position was a big factor in that game.

There are few people who would then slobber on Peyton Manning and blame Ben for not throwing like Peyton or not studying films like Peyton Manning.

But when Colts offensive juggernaut score only 16 points same people are blaming their D and ST and defending Peyton Manning. It hurts few people that Ben is a better QB than Peyton.[/quote:3bykrs3r]

Colts offense was not a juggernaut this year but who needs facts.

feltdizz
01-11-2011, 12:33 PM

Put Peyton behind the OL that Ben has played behind throughout much of his career and make him play on the dogtrack that we call Heinz Field 8 times a year. Throw in bad weather for half of those games and then make him play in cold weather cities like Cincy, Baltimore and Cleveland instead of Jacksonville, Houston and Nashville.

Question #1: Can he even come close to putting up the same numbers that he has in his career?

Peyton wouldn't put up the same numbers but he would be just as successful.

If Peyton is on the Steelers the ball comes out quickly like it has the last 2 games EVERY GAME .....and he has won the last 2 times he played in Baltimore.

I have no idea why people need to do the "if Manning played behind our OL" argument to feel better about Ben.

Both are damn good QB's. I think Ben is the better "clutch QB" but I have no idea how much better or worse either would be in each others environments.

Ben is great but every year we wonder why the O goes into a funk, most blame the OC but we know damn well it's more then the OL and the OC.

Steelgal
01-11-2011, 01:02 PM

Even when taking these factors into account, I think it's next to impossible to figure out the 'what ifs' with changing one player on a team to another.

Pittsburgh has a totally different team philosophy than Indy. The Steelers are known for their smash-mouth defense and running game (although the running game to me isn't really the same since Bettis left.... atleast the smash-mouth part of it). The Colts are known for their finesse style of offense. While I haven't closely looked at both teams draft picks over the years, I would guess it's safe to say they both draft this way as well.

I also can't imagine Peyton having the freedom of playcalling here that he has in Indy.

Maybe Peyton would be as successful, I don't really care. Ben is our quarterback and I wouldn't want anyone else. He's got the 'it' factor that I don't feel that Peyton has. Peyton studies harder than Ben or most other quarterbacks probably, but when you put them on the field, Ben has the better instincts.

RuthlessBurgher
01-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Just throwing this out there...

For the first 3 years of Peyton's NFL career, his QB coach was...BRUCE ARIANS!

In those 3 years of Peyton and Brucie working together:

Peyton's passing yardage totals improved from 3739 to 4135 to 4413.

Peyton's completion percentage improved from 56.7 to 62.1 to 62.5.

Peyton's TD-INT ratio improved from 26-28 to 26-15 to 33-15.

Peyton's passer rating improved from 71.2 to 90.7 to 94.7.

Irongut
01-11-2011, 01:57 PM

Or more successful

If Peyton is on the Steelers the ball comes out quickly like it has the last 2 games EVERY GAME .....and he has won the last 2 times he played in Baltimore.Exactly

I have no idea why people need to do the "if Manning played behind our OL" argument to feel better about Ben. Apologists? Blind? Ben fans not Steelers fans?

[
Both are damn good QB's. I think Ben is the better "clutch QB" but I have no idea how much better or worse either would be in each others environments. Yep, Manning has never had a team like Ben has around him, especially the defense.

Ben is great but every year we wonder why the O goes into a funk, most blame the OC but we know damn well it's more then the OL and the OC.Yep, some of us even can admit it.

grotonsteel
01-11-2011, 02:26 PM
[quote=" ":1u9z2xaj]

But when Colts offensive juggernaut score only 16 points same people are blaming their D and ST and defending Peyton Manning. It hurts few people that Ben is a better QB than Peyton.

Colts offense was not a juggernaut this year but who needs facts.[/quote:1u9z2xaj]

Because Peyton Manning was average this year.

Peyton Manning ego will never allow his Defense to take credit for a win.

grotonsteel
01-11-2011, 02:33 PM

Or more successful
Again do you think Peyton manning will be happy to throw 20 times a game???

If Peyton is on the Steelers the ball comes out quickly like it has the last 2 games EVERY GAME .....and he has won the last 2 times he played in Baltimore.Exactly

I have no idea why people need to do the "if Manning played behind our OL" argument to feel better about Ben. Apologists? Blind? Ben fans not Steelers fans?

So bashing Ben makes you a steeler fan??? Wow. Try to support every player on the team...

[
Both are damn good QB's. I think Ben is the better "clutch QB" but I have no idea how much better or worse either would be in each others environments. Yep, Manning has never had a team like Ben has around him, especially the defense.

Can you ever think why??? If you invest everything in one player and offense you will take hit in other department.

Peyton manning is a superstar and he won't play a second fiddle to anyone. I guess you won't figure that out. Do you think Manning would play for a team which says throw only 20 times a game???

Ben is great but every year we wonder why the O goes into a funk, most blame the OC but we know damn well it's more then the OL and the OC.Yep, some of us even can admit it.

Seriously if you think only QB is to be blame for this flunk next time try watching few Steelers game.

Also next time do consider the weather too. Unless you think throwing ball in warm weather is similar to throwing ball in freezing temp.

Crash
01-11-2011, 03:06 PM
[quote=" ":1rd8h0wu]

What if we score only 16 points at home against the #5 seed?[/quote:1rd8h0wu]

That's not enough.

Next question.

Crash
01-11-2011, 03:08 PM
[quote=" ":20n812ay]

Colts offense was not a juggernaut this year but who needs facts.[/quote:20n812ay]

And who were they blaming? Young wide outs and injuries while Peyton was untouchable.

Crash
01-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Yep, Manning has never had a team like Ben has around him, especially the defense.

2005 the Colts were #2 in points against.

One and done.

2007 the Colts were #1 in points against.

One and done.

Ignoring these facts, does not change them.

feltdizz
01-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Why do we need to tear Peyton down to prop Ben up? IMO Peyton is a very good QB who can't get it done in the playoffs... Flacco and Sanchez have had success in the playoffs since entering the league and neither are anywhere close to elite.

Teams win games... period.

feltdizz
01-11-2011, 03:39 PM
[quote=" ":1umi61u8]

That's not enough.

Next question.[/quote:1umi61u8]
If the Ravens score 10 points it is...

feltdizz
01-11-2011, 03:44 PM
[quote=" ":aqez4g2f]

Colts offense was not a juggernaut this year but who needs facts.

And who were they blaming? Young wide outs and injuries while Peyton was untouchable.[/quote:aqez4g2f]

Wrong. I heard plenty of former players on NFLN bashing Manning. The great thing about opinions is everyone gets to have one. Just because an "expert on TV" says something it doesn't make it true.

Irongut
01-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Yep, Manning has never had a team like Ben has around him, especially the defense.

One and done.

One and done.

Nice statpicking, as usual. You certainly are the undisputed queen of that!
I noticed you didn't mention yards, etc.
Now, do you really think Indy's 2005 defense was on par with ANY of our championship defenses?

Irongut
01-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Seriously if you think only QB is to be blame for this flunk next time try watching few Steelers game.

Also next time do consider the weather too. Unless you think throwing ball in warm weather is similar to throwing ball in freezing temp.

Seriously, show me where I said the QB is the only one to blame?

Seriously, anyone who thinks replacing Ben with Peyton makes the Steelers worse should not be telling anyone to watch the games because clearly they haven't been watching.

Peyton is better than Ben as a QB.

Irongut
01-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Why do we need to tear Peyton down to prop Ben up?
That's a great question. I'd say that act alone leads me to think those that do it know the truth if they were ever honest.

Teams win games... period.
Absolutely!

Crash
01-11-2011, 04:52 PM

One and done.

One and done.

Now, do you really think Indy's 2005 defense was on par with ANY of our championship defenses?

In points against? Yes.

The object is to win by scoring more points than your opponent.

You let us all know when they start deciding games by yards.

Irongut
01-11-2011, 04:54 PM

One and done.

One and done.

In points against? Yes.

The object is to win by scoring more points than your opponent.

You let us all know when they start deciding games by yards.
Not the question. Please read it again and respond to the actual question.

Crash
01-11-2011, 04:59 PM
The Colts were #8 in yards in 2002.

One and done.

The Colts were #3 in yards in 2007.

One and done.

The Colts were 11th in yards in 2005.

One and done.

The Colts were 11th in yards in 2008.

One and done.

For the Colts defense to be in the top 11 five times since 2002 considering the amount of no huddle their offense uses? That's not a bad defense at all.

Now what's the next excuse going to be?

Irongut
01-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Again, not the question. Do you need me to re-post the question?

Do you think the Colts defense overall was on par with ANY of the Steelers championship defenses?

Read again, concentrate, focus, focus!

hawaiiansteel
01-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Bill Polian blames kick coverage for loss, which is really blaming Bill Polian

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 11, 2011

Colts G.M. Bill Polian blamed the teamís offensive line for their Super Bowl loss last year. This time around, he decided to blame the teamís kick coverage.

(Because clearly Jim Caldwellís inexplicable timeout was true genius.)

Polian said on his radio show that one player didnít stay in his lane on the Coltsí final kickoff to Antonio Cromartie and said that kick coverage overall was the difference in the game. Polian wouldnít say who the player was, but implied the problem mostly about effort, according to the guys at StampedeBlue.com.

ESPN.comís Paul Kuharsky beat Polian to the punch, pointing towards first round pick Jerry Hughes before Polian said a word. Kuharsky says Hughes gave a half-hearted effort on Cromartieís return.

Polian admitted earlier in the season that he should have taken Rams tackle Roger Saffold instead of Hughes, who did virtually nothing on defense in 2010. Itís worth noting that Polian is the guy who annually builds one of the worst special teams units in the league.

We donít buy the notion that Hughesí effort on kick coverage was the difference. The offense could have prevented the Jets from getting the ball. The defense could have still stopped the Jets. Caldwell could have avoided brainfarting in front of millions.

But letís say for a second that Polian is right: That Hughes and special teams lost the game.

If thatís true, Polian is essentially blaming himself.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... s-to-jets/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/11/bill-polian-blames-kick-coverage-for-loss-to-jets/)

Crash
01-11-2011, 05:07 PM

Do you think the Colts defense overall was on par with ANY of the Steelers championship defenses?

In 2007 and 2005 they were.

One and done. If the so much better than Ben Peyton Manning can't win with a #1 and #2 defense in points scored? Then he's not as good as clowns like you say he is.

His banged up defense gave up 17 points last week. They are still sitting at home.

RuthlessBurgher
01-11-2011, 05:07 PM

As a regular season stat accumulator? Yes. I'd love him for my fantasy team any time.

To lead a team to championships? No. You need someone who is clutch like Brady or Ben.

The Colts are 9-10 in the playoffs with Peyton as a starter. Peyton's explosive Colts teams scored under 20 points in the playoffs 10 times out of 19 games. Peyton's teams have double-digit regular season wins in 11 out of the last 12 years, but then suddenly have a losing record in the playoffs? That's ain't exactly clutch.

The Steelers are 8-2 in the playoffs with Ben as a starter. Ben's plodding Steelers teams have never scored under 20 points in the playoffs in 10 games. Ben's teams have always been .500 or above in the regular season, but he actually has improve his win percentage in the playoffs by winning 80% of those games. That's clutch right there.

In Peyton's only championship season, he was carried by his two-headed rushing attack, his defense, and the fact that he faced off against Rex Grossman in the Super Bowl. Golden boy threw 3 TD's and 7 TD's in that playoff run. Ouch. But give him the MVP.

Irongut
01-11-2011, 05:15 PM

One and done. If the so much better than Ben Peyton Manning can't win with a #1 and #2 defense in points scored? Then he's not as good as clowns like you say he is.

His banged up defense gave up 17 points last week. They are still sitting at home.

So, to be clear, you are saying the 2005 and 2007 Indy defenses were better than the championship Steelers defenses? Is that correct? That's really what you are saying?

Irongut
01-11-2011, 05:17 PM

As a regular season stat accumulator? Yes. I'd love him for my fantasy team any time.

To lead a team to championships? No. You need someone who is clutch like Brady or Ben.

The Colts are 9-10 in the playoffs with Peyton as a starter. Peyton's explosive Colts teams scored under 20 points in the playoffs 10 times out of 19 games. Peyton's teams have double-digit regular season wins in 11 out of the last 12 years, but then suddenly have a losing record in the playoffs? That's ain't exactly clutch.

The Steelers are 8-2 in the playoffs with Ben as a starter. Ben's plodding Steelers teams have never scored under 20 points in the playoffs in 10 games. Ben's teams have always been .500 or above in the regular season, but he actually has improve his win percentage in the playoffs by winning 80% of those games. That's clutch right there.

In Peyton's only championship season, he was carried by his two-headed rushing attack, his defense, and the fact that he faced off against Rex Grossman in the Super Bowl. Golden boy threw 3 TD's and 7 TD's in that playoff run. Ouch. But give him the MVP.As a QB he is better, period. Better at reading defenses, more accurate, quicker at getting rid of the ball, etc. etc. that QB's are supposed to do. As a distributor of the ball, Peyton Manning is better.

Crash
01-11-2011, 05:20 PM

So, to be clear, you are saying the 2005 and 2007 Indy defenses were better than the championship Steelers defenses? Is that correct? That's really what you are saying?

I'm saying that any defense that is #1 or #2 in points against, compares to any defense that Ben Roethlisberger has had.

Listen to you you pathetic POS, you have your lips on Peyton's as$ so much because Ben proved you and Cowher wrong that you are actually trying to convince yourself that Peyton's 2005 and 2007 defenses weren't good enough despite the facts to the contrary.

Peyton's an overrated sloth. 9-10 in the playoffs? Spare me.

Crash
01-11-2011, 05:21 PM
As a QB he is better, period. Better at reading defenses, more accurate, quicker at getting rid of the ball, etc. etc. that QB's are supposed to do. As a distributor of the ball, Peyton Manning is better.

Yeah he really read that defense last February.

Same situation as Ben was the year prior.

Ben threw a TD.

Manning threw a pick 6.

RuthlessBurgher
01-11-2011, 05:22 PM

In Peyton's only championship season, he was carried by his two-headed rushing attack, his defense, and the fact that he faced off against Rex Grossman in the Super Bowl. Golden boy threw 3 TD's and 7 TD's in that playoff run. Ouch. But give him the MVP.As a QB he is better, period. Better at reading defenses, more accurate, quicker at getting rid of the ball, etc. etc. that QB's are supposed to do. As a distributor of the ball, Peyton Manning is better.

Peyton can have fun distributing the ball better, more accurate, faster, etc. while Ben is busy polishing his rings. Gimme a guy whose game is not quite as pretty, but who flourishes when the chips are down and the pressure is on, instead of a guy who is robotic and tends to fold when conditions aren't perfect. QB's need to be more than throwers...they need to be winners. Peyton and Rivers are throwers...Brady and Roethlisberger are winners.

Irongut
01-11-2011, 05:22 PM

I'm saying that any defense that is #1 or #2 in points against, compares to any defense that Ben Roethlisberger has had.

Listen to you you pathetic POS, you have your lips on Peyton's as$ so much because Ben proved you and Cowher wrong that you are actually trying to convince yourself that Peyton's 2005 and 2007 defenses weren't good enough despite the facts to the contrary.

Peyton's an overrated sloth. 9-10 in the playoffs? Spare me.
That is hysterical! Truly hysterical! Ben has had some defenses for the ages, in all stats, not just one. You are undoubtedly wrong.

I have no idea how Ben has proved me wrong though.

Irongut
01-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Peyton can have fun distributing the ball better, more accurate, faster, etc. while Ben is busy polishing his rings. Gimme a guy whose game is not quite as pretty, but who flourishes when the chips are down and the pressure is on, instead of a guy who is robotic and tends to fold when conditions aren't perfect. QB's need to be more than throwers...they need to be winners. Peyton and Rivers are throwers...Brady and Roethlisberger are winners.

Please, if Peyton ran this offense, it would be amazing. Same as if Ben runs it the way it is designed. It's great that he is good when the play breaks down but the plays wouldn't break down nearly as often if he knew where to throw it and reacted instead of hesitating. To say that Peyton would make the Steelers worse is laughable, absolutely laughable.

Crash
01-11-2011, 05:25 PM

You and your boy Cowher preferred Rivers. You also claimed Ben was the "main concern" of the 2005 Steelers based on PRE-SEASON.

Obviously another astute opinion of yours.

Crash
01-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Peyton wouldn't survive behind this OL. He'd be out in mid-season. Then he would blame them.

Irongut
01-11-2011, 05:30 PM

You and your boy Cowher preferred Rivers. You also claimed Ben was the "main concern" of the 2005 Steelers based on PRE-SEASON.

Obviously another astute opinion of yours.

Yeah, he was. He played like crap. If you weren't concerned, you weren't honest. When the regular season came, we did a great job of protecting him and only having him make a few plays a game, while allowing the strength of the team, the run game and defense to dominate. Ben rarely had to make more than 20-25 throws while our defense and run game dominated. Then we surprised teams by passing more in the playoffs. By the SB, teams weren't surprised and we all know how Ben played in the SB. It's safe to say we won the SB in spite of Ben, not because of him. Anyone who is honest knows that.

I know you are a Ben fan, not a Steelers fan, but still at least try and be honest.

It's pretty safe to say all of the Steelers coaches, front office and ownership preferred Rivers over Ben in 2004.

Irongut
01-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Peyton wouldn't survive behind this OL. He'd be out in mid-season. Then he would blame them.
Complete nonsense. He'd burn blitzing defenses, not hesitate, then defenses wouldn't blitz nearly as much, then the run game would increase, then deep play action passing would increase. There's a reason teams back out 8 against Peyton while constantly blitzing Ben.

Crash
01-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Yeah, he was. He played like crap. If you weren't concerned, you weren't honest.

What I said was he played like someone who was missing both wides to start camp.

What I also said was when the real games counted he would come out and start throwing.

And, I was right. You were wrong. Deal with it boy.

Ben is one of the best deep throwers in football, and he doesn't need 10 good weather games every season like Peyton does to do it.

It's pretty safe to say all of the Steelers coaches, front office and ownership preferred Rivers over Ben in 2004

Mark Whipple didn't. He wanted Ben. He stated Ben was the best of the Big 3 coming out.

Ben rarely had to make more than 20-25 throws while our defense and run game dominated.

We passed to get leads, run after we got them. You see Ben and his team aren't worried about throwing 50 yard bombs against weak teams with big leads like Peyton is. Peyton is all about Peyton. He doesn't even care if he wins, he just wants numbers.

Then we surprised teams by passing more in the playoffs.

Um, no, we didn't. We always pass early with Ben. Then ran late. You have to stay off the snowboarding slopes and watch the games.

Irongut
01-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Um, no, we didn't. We always pass early with Ben. Then ran late. You have to stay off the snowboarding slopes and watch the games.
To say teams played the pass in the 2005 playoffs, not the run and forcing Ben to beat them with the pass is completely false.

Because teams played the run, Ben was only asked to make a few plays per game, then the strength of the team, the defense and run game, finished it off.

Remember Ben taking shots at Cowher after he left because he wanted to continue to pass while we smartly protected leads and Ben from careless mistakes.

What's wrong with snowboarding? Just because you are 400lbs and can't navigate a flight of stairs without a respirator doesn't mean others can't enjoy outdoor athletic activities.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-11-2011, 05:49 PM
I have a suggestion - what if each of you two guys say to yourself, "I will not respond to a post by ___" for 1 hr.

Then tomorrow, make it 2 hrs.

Then, the day after ... etc., etc.

I think you can wean yourselves off this addiction to fighting with each other. Think how much more time you'd have on your hands!

Crash
01-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Remember Ben taking shots at Cowher after he left because he wanted to continue to pass while we smartly protected leads and Ben from careless mistakes.

No. Ben took shots at Cowher for the way he treated him as a person. Cowher didn't want Ben, so he treated him like crap. Just like he treated Jim Miller like crap because Cowher preferred Kordell and Donahoe preferred Miller.

What's wrong with snowboarding?

On Sunday afternoon during a Steelers game? Everything if you are a Steelers fan boy.

Irongut
01-11-2011, 05:56 PM
I have a suggestion - what if each of you two guys say to yourself, "I will not respond to a post by ___" for 1 hr.

Then tomorrow, make it 2 hrs.

Then, the day after ... etc., etc.

I think you can wean yourselves off this addiction to fighting with each other. Think how much more time you'd have on your hands!

I have a better idea. You worry about your own posts.

Irongut
01-11-2011, 05:59 PM
On Sunday afternoon during a Steelers game? Everything if you are a Steelers fan boy.

The real story is we were expecting a blizzard in NEPA and I was going to take my daughter snowboarding for the first time in deep powder if it hit and tape the game for later viewing. Sadly it didn't hit. Am I supposed to feel bad about that? I don't.

I know you don't understand parenthood. You haven't ever even had a date, let alone a family or children or sex for that matter.

Crash
01-11-2011, 06:01 PM
I know one thing, if I was a parent? I would be smoking drugs.

You are, and you do.

Father of the Year you ain't. What a fantastic role model you must be.

Irongut
01-11-2011, 06:08 PM
I know one thing, if I was a parent? I would be smoking drugs.

You are, and you do.

Father of the Year you ain't. What a fantastic role model you must be.

good for you! When I smoked I never smoked around my daughter. To each their own I guess?

You know my parenting skills? Do tell us all. I'd love to hear this. :lol:

Crash
01-11-2011, 06:10 PM
When I smoked I never smoked around my daughter.

So you lied to her by hiding it and portraying yourself as something you aren't?

All that tells her is that it's OK to lie.

Moron.

Go back to SN. That's more your speed.

Irongut
01-11-2011, 06:15 PM
When I smoked I never smoked around my daughter.

So you lied to her by hiding it and portraying yourself as something you aren't?

All that tells her is that it's OK to lie.

Moron.

Go back to SN. That's more your speed.

A 40 year old virgin telling others how to parent? Priceless!
Parent of the year, despite having no children ^^^^

Crash
01-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Yeah 43 you are right. It's perfectly normal for a dedicated parent to hide his dope from his daughter.

Just remember, she's probably a lot smarter than you think. She's no doubt, smarter than you.

eniparadoxgma
01-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Snowboarding, smoking drugs, a regular season fantasy football QB vs a proven clutch QB, 40 year old virgin references, actual real life pictures of each other?!?! This thread has it all!!!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

All of your so-called "football discussions/debates" eventually morph into this really lame catfighting BS. Take your sad act into PMs where you can passive-aggressively have cybersex with each other in private ffs.

Crash
01-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Yep. Tiresome. All this clown is here to do is F up this board like he badmouths it on StillerNation.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-11-2011, 06:31 PM
Yep. Tiresome. All this clown is here to do is F up this board like he badmouths it on StillerNation.

Crash - to the degree that may or not be true ... if you were to put him on "ignore", and never answer him, this board would be a lot better. Then your posts would on the average be much more like the ones we used to anticipate and admire. Whaddya think?

Irongut
01-11-2011, 06:32 PM

Yeah, you never start anything?

Once again, :lol:

It seems you have issues with multiple posters. My only issue is when you go personal.

Crash
01-11-2011, 06:34 PM

It seems you have issues with multiple posters. My only issue is when you go personal.

I have issues with nobody here. Except you.

There isn't a guy on this board I wouldn't help if asked.

Except you.

Don't you dare speak for me.

Steelgal
01-11-2011, 06:43 PM

Please, if Peyton ran this offense, it would be amazing. Same as if Ben runs it the way it is designed. It's great that he is good when the play breaks down but the plays wouldn't break down nearly as often if he knew where to throw it and reacted instead of hesitating. To say that Peyton would make the Steelers worse is laughable, absolutely laughable.

If you're so in awe of Peyton and his abilities, go root for the Colts. Then most years when they go to the playoffs and are 1 and done, you can blame their loss on the defense, oline, special teams, coaching or whatever else you'd like.

Or maybe since Peyton is a free agent this year, we should trade Ben and give Peyton a HUGE contract to come here. Then we'd get to see the almighty Manning run this offense like it's suppose to be ran :roll:

Irongut
01-11-2011, 06:50 PM

I have issues with nobody here. Except you.

There isn't a guy on this board I wouldn't help if asked.

Except you.

Don't you dare speak for me.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Irongut
01-11-2011, 06:52 PM

If you're so in awe of Peyton and his abilities, go root for the Colts. Then most years when they go to the playoffs and are 1 and done, you can blame their loss on the defense, oline, special teams, coaching or whatever else you'd like.

Or maybe since Peyton is a free agent this year, we should trade Ben and give Peyton a HUGE contract to come here. Then we'd get to see the almighty Manning run this offense like it's suppose to be ran :roll:
You may not be capable of comprehending that someone can be a fan of one team but still can appreciate the talents of players on other teams. I personally can't stand Peyton but I do realize he's a great QB.

I wouldn't trade Ben for Peyton. There are some young QB's I'd consider trading him for but not Peyton.

eniparadoxgma
01-11-2011, 06:54 PM
Yes, we should trade Ben away. Great idea. :lol: :lol: :lol:

grotonsteel
01-11-2011, 06:59 PM

You may not be capable of comprehending that someone can be a fan of one team but still can appreciate the talents of players on other teams. I personally can't stand Peyton but I do realize he's a great QB.

I wouldn't trade Ben for Peyton. There are some young QB's I'd consider trading him for but not Peyton.

Like Kyle Orton.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

grotonsteel
01-11-2011, 07:02 PM

Well Iron43 thinks Kyle Orton is a better QB than Ben..so take everything he says about Ben with a pinch of salt..

Irongut
Like Kyle Orton.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah, I wouldn't do that deal.

Crash
Schaub, Orton, Rivers, just to name a few he says are better than Ben.

Orton was so good the Bears benched him when they were in first place. :)

feltdizz
01-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Ben, Manning, Brady and Brees are all great QB's IMO. I don't need to bash one to make the other better. They are different and great in their own ways. Ben is the most athletic but he isn't a conventional QB.

The one thing Ben has over these other QB's is a better foundation... take any other QB out for the first 4 games and I guarantee none of these teams go 3-1.

Irongut
01-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Schaub, Orton, Rivers, just to name a few he says are better than Ben.

Orton was so good the Bears benched him when they were in first place. :)

Other than Rivers, that is a lie.

Steelgal
01-11-2011, 07:10 PM
[You may not be capable of comprehending that someone can be a fan of one team but still can appreciate the talents of players on other teams. I personally can't stand Peyton but I do realize he's a great QB.

I completely understand being about to like other players who aren't Steelers and have a list of them myself. We just disagree on the 'greatness' of Peyton Manning. Personally I'd rather have a QB who doesn't rack up all the stats that Peyton does, but gets the hardware instead. Terry Bradshaw wasn't anywhere near a great quarterback when you look at stats, but has 4 rings. Dan Marino and many others will always be considered better and that's fine. But the purpose of the NFL is to WIN the Superbowl. Manning hasn't shown he's 'one of the greatest' in that respect.

Crash
01-11-2011, 07:11 PM
The one thing Ben has over these other QB's is a better foundation... take any other QB out for the first 4 games and I guarantee none of these teams go 3-1.

The 2008 Pats went 3-1 without Brady.

Irongut
01-11-2011, 07:12 PM
[You may not be capable of comprehending that someone can be a fan of one team but still can appreciate the talents of players on other teams. I personally can't stand Peyton but I do realize he's a great QB.

I completely understand being about to like other players who aren't Steelers and have a list of them myself. We just disagree on the 'greatness' of Peyton Manning. Personally I'd rather have a QB who doesn't rack up all the stats that Peyton does, but gets the hardware instead. Terry Bradshaw wasn't anywhere near a great quarterback when you look at stats, but has 4 rings. Dan Marino and many others will always be considered better and that's fine. But the purpose of the NFL is to WIN the Superbowl. Manning hasn't shown he's 'one of the greatest' in that respect.
That's why they're called opinions. IMO, if we had Peyton since 1998, he'd have a handful of rings, possibly starting on the second hand.

Steelgal
01-11-2011, 07:14 PM
Ben, Manning, Brady and Brees are all great QB's IMO. I don't need to bash one to make the other better. They are different and great in their own ways. Ben is the most athletic but he isn't a conventional QB.

Don't completely agree with that. Look how the Pats* did the year Brady went down in the 1st game of the season. I believe they went 11-5?? I think that could be said for the Colts and Saints though.

Steelgal
01-11-2011, 07:19 PM

That's why they're called opinions. IMO, if we had Peyton since 1998, he'd have a handful of rings, possibly starting on the second hand.

We'll just have to agree to disagree then, because I don't think that's the case. But I think you and I could debate this for hours and neither one of us would change their mind :wink:

Irongut
01-11-2011, 07:20 PM

We'll just have to agree to disagree then, because I don't think that's the case. But I think you and I could debate this for hours and neither one of us would change their mind :wink:
Very likely.

Crash
01-11-2011, 07:23 PM
The best one was after David Carr was released. He was a better athlete than Ben and his next team was going to give him $10 million guaranteed.

He got $1 mil instead.

Irongut
01-11-2011, 07:24 PM
The best one was after David Carr was released. He was a better athlete than Ben and his next team was going to give him $10 million guaranteed.

He got $1 mil instead.
The $10 million part is yet another lie.

I did say Carr was more athletic and that's a proven fact that can be proven by their draftday tests.

IIRC, Carr was faster, quicker, jumped higher and was stronger.

Crash
01-11-2011, 07:50 PM
In 2008 someone here said the Redskins wouldn't give up Jason Campbell for Ben (who was just named to the Pro Bowl).

Crash
01-11-2011, 07:57 PM
The $10 million part is yet another lie

If Oakland, Cleveland, Minnesota or Miami throw a large bonus his way, this will really change the draft.

I'm betting he gets $10 mill or so guaranteed.

-Steelers43 on David Carr March 23 2007

eniparadoxgma
01-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Doodie balls. Just wanted to contribute.

tiproast
01-11-2011, 10:21 PM
If only I knew what a doodie was, I would be even more impressed with your contribution.

RuthlessBurgher
01-11-2011, 10:53 PM
If only I knew what a doodie was, I would be even more impressed with your contribution.

It's a Baby Ruth who enjoys swimming. Sheesh. You really should stop watching "The Treasure Of The Sierra Madre" and enjoy some good golf movies every now and then. Sheesh. :lol:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_GmAG-JlHT4M/THVhHkbCUvI/AAAAAAAAA8A/MoK-FXrSCsQ/s320/caddyshack_poolturd.jpg

DOODIE!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GmAG-JlHT4M/THVgDa-DIxI/AAAAAAAAA78/97eW81_0eVk/s1600/caddyshack.jpg

It's no big deal.

tiproast
01-11-2011, 10:58 PM
It's a Baby Ruth who enjoys swimming. Sheesh. You really should stop watching "The Treasure Of The Sierra Madre" and enjoy some good golf movies every now and then. Sheesh. :lol:

It's no big deal.

Oh, now I see. I just didn't realize they had reproductive parts.

Make sense, though, otherwise where would new Baby Ruths come from?

RuthlessBurgher
01-11-2011, 11:00 PM

It's no big deal.

I'm RuthlessBurgher.

My wife is Babe Ruthless.

My kids are Baby Ruthlesses.

And we're all full of Doodie.

Ask the guys on this board.

They'll certainly vouch for that "full of Doodie" part.

:P

msp26505
01-12-2011, 02:18 PM

It's no big deal.

I'm RuthlessBurgher.

OK...as long as we have a voucher.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/6219/96140328.jpg (http://img341.imageshack.us/i/96140328.jpg/)

hawaiiansteel
01-12-2011, 10:29 PM
"One final note on Manning. The postseason misery continues. Why did he surrender Reggie Wayne, allowing his top man to be held captive by Revis? Manning refused to attack, to blow down the door and send in the hostage rescue team. I think clues can be found in the lines of a poem I once saw.

You cannot ask a fish not to swim

It's the only thing that makes him him."

The author was Tony Curtis, an actor, a man who made a living pretending to be somebody else. Somehow it also explains the ways of the quarterback, a man who doesn't pretend at anything.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/0 ... hat-may-be (http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/01/12/what-was-and-what-may-be)

papillon
01-12-2011, 10:44 PM

It's no big deal.

I'm RuthlessBurgher.

I don't know about the Doodie part, but I'll vouch for "Babe Ruthless" all day and twice on Sunday! :tt2 Babe Ruthless probably deserves one of these :Boobs

Pappy

NJ-STEELER
01-13-2011, 04:33 AM
"One final note on Manning. The postseason misery continues. Why did he surrender Reggie Wayne, allowing his top man to be held captive by Revis? Manning refused to attack, to blow down the door and send in the hostage rescue team. I think clues can be found in the lines of a poem I once saw.

You cannot ask a fish not to swim

It's the only thing that makes him him."

The author was Tony Curtis, an actor, a man who made a living pretending to be somebody else. Somehow it also explains the ways of the quarterback, a man who doesn't pretend at anything.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/0 ... hat-may-be (http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/01/12/what-was-and-what-may-be)

good question

of course, i've seen the Ben haters say he needs to throw receivers open when the get covered.
yes, the same people that love Pey Pey

SteelCrazy
01-13-2011, 06:20 AM

It's no big deal.

I'm RuthlessBurgher.

I agree with Ruthlessburgher

ikestops85
01-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Damn! This thread reminds me of the days when I posted on the bungles message board and every thread became a Ben vs. Carson debate. I doubt that happens anymore. :D

I used to tell people on that board there is a difference between a passer and a QB. IMO the top 5 passers in the league are:

1) Peyton
2) Rivers
3) Brees
4) Rodgers
5) Brady

However, the top 5 QBs in the league are:

1) Brady
2) Ben
3) Brees
4) Peyton
5) Rodgers

I'm sure we could argue all day long on these lists and will never get everyone to agree. That's why God invented message boards! :lol:

hawaiiansteel
01-25-2011, 06:02 PM
since Ben only put up 17 points at home against a #6 seed he must be a choke artist like Peyton Manning, huh? :roll:

Crash
01-25-2011, 06:08 PM
since Ben only put up 17 points at home against a #6 seed he must be a choke artist like Peyton Manning, huh? :roll:

They took the ball out of Ben's offense's hands for most of a half.

Then when things got tight, they put the ball in their hands and they iceed the game on the last drive.

But 17 points against a #6 seed at home isn't enough.

No double standards from me.

Now you can go back to slurping Peyton. You should let him teabag you like he did the trainer he paid off.

feltdizz
01-25-2011, 10:25 PM
Ben had a chance for 7 more points but he threw that horrible pick. If we get a big lead I hope he finishes strong.

Crash
01-25-2011, 10:30 PM
People also need to remember the defense gave up 10 straight points after Gay's TD. Ben and the offense weren't on the field for about 30 minutes and it was 24-10 when they went back.

Irongut
01-26-2011, 12:51 AM
Ben had a chance for 7 more points but he threw that horrible pick. If we get a big lead I hope he finishes strong.
horrible decision and throw. No need. Not a smart play.

NJ-STEELER
01-26-2011, 01:29 AM
can someone again remind me what happened on that last play before the colts kicked the tying FG.
3rd and 7.... perfect weather conditions... manning rolls out goes to his rookie receiver.... a completion and they can run the clock down and kick the Game winning FG.... pass is off... and the blame coming out of iNDY IS the receiver ran the route too long (of course)
does that sound right?

3rd and 6... hot jets offense to get the ball if they dont convert... below 0 degrees with the wind chill... ben rolls out to hit his rookie receiver... and i'm drawing a blank on the result, can somebody fill me in on what the result was??

hawaiiansteel
01-26-2011, 02:20 AM
Now you can go back to slurping Peyton. You should let him teabag you like he did the trainer he paid off.

you must have me confused for someone else, I am not a Peyton fan and never have been.

I would actually much prefer to teabag the girl below if I'm going to have to perform a sex act with an Indianapolis Colt (or in this case, Filly): :D

http://mog.com/images/users/0000/0001/3152/images/1191613311.pjpeg

Sonny
01-26-2011, 03:15 AM
Good point. Peyton had a chance to ice the game on a 3rd and 6, his pass was off. Ben is put in the same situation, he comes through. Just like the last two Super Bowls. Peyton had a chance to be an absolute legend of the game on that last drive against the Saints, and he throws a pick 6. Ben? He pulls a Montana and leads his team down the field to win the championship with the best pass i've ever seen in a Super Bowl. Not to mention Ben totally outplayed Manning in his comfy dome in their only playoff meeting.

If Peyton didn't back into his ring(3 TDs and 7 INTs during his SB "run"), he is Dan Marino. I still can't believe he got his ring while having nothing to do with it. He sucked in the 07 playoffs, minus the 2nd half against New England(who have become chokers in their own right).

I'm a Tennessee fan(college) and i've seen Manning fail time after time in big games dating wayyyy back. He'd dominate the SEC, but come up lame against Florida and got his ass kicked against Nebraska, too. It pisses me off that UT fans adore this guy, but give Tee Martin no respect after HE was the one that led us to our National Championship right after Peyton left.

NJ-STEELER
01-26-2011, 04:42 AM
oh yeah

it took ben about 28 minutes to exceed the total peyton got for his colts.

up 24-0 with a back up center, wouldn't you play more conservative on offense?

feltdizz
01-26-2011, 09:40 AM
oh yeah

actually Ben put up 17 in 28 minutes... still impressive IMO.

As far as the last pass Peyton threw... it was pretty close to the throw Ben made. Low and only where the WR has a chance to get it. If Brown drops that pass is Ben a bum or a choker? Let's be real... fumbled snap, 2 INT's... if Peyton had the same numbers as Ben everyone would talk about how horrible he played.

Ben won that game with his feet IMO.... and way too many people frown on a QB who makes plays with his feet. It's football and I think Ben is best football player of all the QB's in the league. Pure passer? No. But he has all the intangibles that make him one of the best if not the best QB in the league right now.

I think fans go too far dumping on QB's who are good to prop Ben up and it's not needed. Ben is rising above Peyton and Brady and both are damn good QB's.

Crash
01-26-2011, 01:43 PM
if Peyton had the same numbers as Ben everyone would talk about how horrible he played.

Not the media.

Here's one recap of a playoff win for Peyton during his ring year, and I quote:

Although unspectacular, Manning was efficient enough to make up for some of his previous playoff failures and keep alive his hope of playing in the Super Bowl for the first time. All he needed to do was get the Colts close enough for Vinatieri, who did the rest.

His line in that game?

15 of 30 for 170, 2 picks, 39.6 rating.

"Efficient"

The snap in the endzone was Lekursky's fault, he hit Ben on the side of his leg.

We don't dump on others to hype Ben up. We want the others treated like Ben is.

Irongut
01-26-2011, 01:58 PM
oh yeah

As far as the last pass Peyton threw... it was pretty close to the throw Ben made. Low and only where the WR has a chance to get it. If Brown drops that pass is Ben a bum or a choker? Let's be real... fumbled snap, 2 INT's... if Peyton had the same numbers as Ben everyone would talk about how horrible he played.

Ben won that game with his feet IMO.... and way too many people frown on a QB who makes plays with his feet. It's football and I think Ben is best football player of all the QB's in the league. Pure passer? No. But he has all the intangibles that make him one of the best if not the best QB in the league right now.

I think fans go too far dumping on QB's who are good to prop Ben up and it's not needed. Ben is rising above Peyton and Brady and both are damn good QB's.
Yep, agree on all parts.

NJ-STEELER
01-26-2011, 05:58 PM
oh yeah

peyton was short on his pass. if brown "drops" that pass, its on Ben?? doesn't make much sense.

BTW, i actually meant he scored 17.

the 24 points comment was a new topic. the offense being more careful

Steelgal
01-26-2011, 06:02 PM
You want a good laugh??? Found this thread on the Colt's forum I visit every so often.

http://community.mycolts.net/topic/5748

Here's an excerpt

With the game on the line (last drive for the win time) there is no HC that would not want Manning at the helm not even BB, that said he is human and will fail from time to time but he gives ya the best chance to win and every HC in the NFL knows you dont want to give him the ball and chance for a win. You would never see teams like the Pats go for it on 4th down with Big Ben....not saying he is not great but he is not at the same level as Mannang and never will be.

Steelgal
01-26-2011, 06:12 PM
I registered at their site and added my input. I'm sure they'll call me a troll and tell me to leave :lol:

Iron Shiek
01-26-2011, 06:34 PM
You want a good laugh??? Found this thread on the Colt's forum I visit every so often.

http://community.mycolts.net/topic/5748

Here's an excerpt

With the game on the line (last drive for the win time) there is no HC that would not want Manning at the helm not even BB, that said he is human and will fail from time to time but he gives ya the best chance to win and every HC in the NFL knows you dont want to give him the ball and chance for a win. You would never see teams like the Pats go for it on 4th down with Big Ben....not saying he is not great but he is not at the same level as Mannang and never will be.

Haha yeah. He will never be on the same level, because he's on a higher level. A hole.

Crash
01-26-2011, 07:27 PM
I may have to join that Colts forum and have some fun.