PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Lions player accused of sexual assault

Crash
01-08-2011, 10:11 PM
And yet, no one knows who it is?

Spare me.

SteelCrazy
01-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Why would they? He does play for the Lions.....

hawaiiansteel
01-08-2011, 10:18 PM
instead of jumping to conclusions we should all wait until the facts come out...

what a thought, huh?

I'm sure his name will be released as soon as the police release his name, which they have yet to do.

Irongut
01-08-2011, 10:23 PM
If his name was Matt Stafford and it was the second similar accusation in a year, it might be public by now.

Crash
01-08-2011, 10:29 PM
If his name was Matt Stafford and it was the second similar accusation in a year, it might be public by now.

Anyone can be accused at any time for any reason.

I accuse you of raping a 5 year old boy.

I accuse you of raping a 6 year old girl.

There, that's two accusations.

feltdizz
01-08-2011, 10:30 PM

:Agree

Irongut
01-08-2011, 10:36 PM

I accuse you of being a complete loser.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-08-2011, 10:37 PM
Why would they? He does play for the Lions.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hawaiiansteel
01-08-2011, 10:39 PM

exactly the reason why the police need to take their time and make sure the "victim's" story checks out before they release the player's name.

feltdizz
01-08-2011, 10:50 PM

If 2 kids accused him then he would definitely be viewed as a pedophile.

feltdizz
01-08-2011, 10:55 PM

exactly the reason why the police need to take their time and make sure the "victim's" story checks out before they release the player's name.

how many elite QB's have been accused of 2 sexual assults in a year? I know it happens to men with money but anytime it happens 2 times in a year public perception will be impacted.

It's up to Ben to protect his image and there is a reason there hasn't been a 3rd accusation... he is taking the necessary steps to protect himself.

steelsnis
01-08-2011, 11:52 PM
FWIW, the rumors on a Lions message board say that it IS in fact Matt Stafford:

http://www.detroitboard.com/index.php?/ ... estigated/ (http://www.detroitboard.com/index.php?/topic/15351-lions-player-being-ivestigated/)

he said it was Stafford, and that he lifted up the shirt of a bartender or waitress.

NJ-STEELER
01-09-2011, 01:07 AM

shame they didn't do that in GA

Irongut
01-09-2011, 01:11 AM

shame they didn't do that in GA
The police didn't break the story.

Crash
01-09-2011, 02:30 AM
If true he has to sit. He's a high profile QB also.

hawaiiansteel
01-09-2011, 02:34 AM

first offense...

Crash
01-09-2011, 02:40 AM

first offense...

If Stafford is charged? If it's on tape like the rumors say? He must sit.

Irongut
01-09-2011, 02:48 AM

first offense...

It's so comical. You have "rumors" to support any of your "agenda of the day" topics.

PS, he won't be suspended. Ben wasn't suspended the first time he was accused and he was accused of a lot worse.

Crash
01-09-2011, 03:02 AM
PS, he won't be suspended. Ben wasn't suspended the first time he was accused and he was accused of a lot worse.

McNulty's own words, and actions after they had sex prove Ben's innocence.

Sorry.

If Matt Stafford's assault is on tape? He has to sit.

YoungMoneyCrew
01-09-2011, 03:07 AM

first offense...

It's so comical. You have "rumors" to support any of your "agenda of the day" topics.

With all due respect...I think anyone with a brain understood that McNulty was a complete lunatic looking for money...she bragged to coworkers about having sex with Ben, emailed Ben two hours after she said "it" happened and even told her friends that she would "date Ben" after it happened. Its called a woman scorned looking for a payday. Period.

I'm not talking about the Stafford story (I haven't read it). I just don't want to hear that Ben's first charge was worse. Whether or not he was accused of rape...it was obvious nonsense...as in, it shouldn't count as an accusation. Anyone can accuse anyone of anything.

Crash
01-09-2011, 03:13 AM
She emailed "Soldier Ben". Not Ben Roethlisberger.

But she and Roethlisberger went out to dinner the FOLLOWING night after she had sex with him. Facts that media never publish.

That case is going forward (for now) because the new Judge assigned to the case is a lunatic who wants the media exposure.

YoungMoneyCrew
01-09-2011, 03:35 AM
She emailed "Soldier Ben". Not Ben Roethlisberger.

But she and Roethlisberger went out to dinner the FOLLOWING night after she had sex with him. Facts that media never publish.

That case is going forward (for now) because the new Judge assigned to the case is a lunatic who wants the media exposure.

two things Big Ben can provide: money and exposure

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-10-2011, 12:01 PM

first offense...

Ben has zero offenses.

Crash
01-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Perrish Cox was charged with felony rape and he played on.

The media didn't care. When they speak out, Goodell reacts.

aggiebones
01-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Yep, pretty true. Media rules the rumors. So what. Is this new in any realm of entertainment?
Let's say 20 people are in a movie and the taxi driver in the movie for 2 minites turns out to be a repeat rapist, will we know about it. Maybe he gets off since the evidence is bad or inconclusive.
Now the lead in the movie, Brad Pitt has a similar situation. Will we know about it? You bet. Even if it is hearsay? You bet. Will he be punished, maybe not in the court, but he may miss a couple year of movie roles.
Just the way things go. And if you are a bigger part of the public eye, you should know this and keep yourself from these traps. But Ben, who is one of my favorite Steelers, didn't do that. Now apparently neither did Stafford. He'll likely get some slaps on the wrist and if he does it again, get suspended. Guilty or not, this is 1 strike for him. Its not all about guilt. Its about NFL image and we know that. Well, most of us can figure it out.

papillon
01-10-2011, 12:31 PM

first offense...

The only difference would be 'accused' and 'charged'. If Stafford ends up being charged rather than simply accused it could make a difference; other than that, if he's only accused there shouldn't be a suspension for his first accusation.

Pappy