PDA

View Full Version : KC or Baltimore - Short Week

flippy
01-08-2011, 08:43 AM
If the Jets win today, we'd play either KC or the Rats on a short week's rest.

Wouldn't that be better for us than playing Indy?

Ozey74
01-08-2011, 08:52 AM
Playing the Ravens would be more entertaining, but playing KC would be the easiest path to a victory.

Flasteel
01-08-2011, 09:00 AM
If the Jets win today, then I'm pulling hard for KC to win tomorrow. I just think KC is the weaker team and they haven't played us yet.

If the Colts win, then I begrudgingly will not root for the Ravens to lose. That way they can inflict maximum damage on the Patsies.

Ozey74
01-08-2011, 09:06 AM
If the Colts win, then I begrudgingly will not root for the Ravens to lose. That way they can inflict maximum damage on the Patsies.

Think of it as using your enemy to your advantage. That way it doesn't seem so dirty.

ALLD
01-08-2011, 09:11 AM
KC will not lose two in a row at home.

Sugar
01-08-2011, 10:44 AM

I'm inclined to think that way as well. The Ravens will be very physical with them though and have a fighting mentality, so we'll see what the Chiefs have in the way of heart.

flippy
01-08-2011, 10:49 AM

I agree. The Ravens are in trouble imho.

I also think Cromartie is the key to the Jets winning as well.

AkronSteel
01-08-2011, 11:26 AM

Think of it as using your enemy to your advantage. That way it doesn't seem so dirty.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer!!!

sentinel33
01-08-2011, 01:14 PM
i dont think the ravens will be able to stop that running attack. Chiefs win and go up to New England. Colts win and come into Pittsburgh.

my boss and i have a wager that if the colts win and we beat them the followin week, i get a paid day off. im thinking about taking monday off...

YoungMoneyCrew
01-08-2011, 01:45 PM
If the Jets win today, we'd play either KC or the Rats on a short week's rest.

Wouldn't that be better for us than playing Indy?

I think we would beat KC by 14+. We are their worst nightmare match-up wise. Add a short week to that and you have an arse-whooping. KC is rooting for the Colts.

Crash
01-08-2011, 01:46 PM
One day isn't going to matter when we haven't played in 2 weeks.

flippy
01-08-2011, 05:34 PM
One day isn't going to matter when we haven't played in 2 weeks.

I meant that it's a short week for them - giving us an advantage.

SteelAbility
01-08-2011, 06:45 PM

Based on what? The one loss is alreadly behind them. If you said that BEFORE the first loss your statement would be much stronger.

What's more likely, getting beat by a 12-4 team or preventing a 2nd home loss in a row?

YoungMoneyCrew
01-08-2011, 06:51 PM

Based on what? The one loss is alreadly behind them. If you said that BEFORE the first loss your statement would be much stronger.

What's more likely, getting beat by a 12-4 team or preventing a 2nd home loss in a row?

Arrowhead stadium is historically a tough place to play.
KC is 7-1 at home this year.
KC was 1-7 at home last year.
Forget everything I said.

Starlifter
01-08-2011, 08:42 PM
it totally sucks but I think it's in our best interests to root for the ultimate choke artist Peyton tonight. I realize KC COULD win the game tomorrow but the best scenario for us tonight is a colts win because then we get them at home. I'm not afraid of the rats but if they come to Heinz we probably win the game - but at what cost? It is nice we have the Sat game so an extra day of rest, but I want the colts/KC outdoors and the rats in NE. I think that's our best pathway to #7.

hawaiiansteel
01-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Steelers to face Chiefs or Ravens

Sunday, January 09, 2011
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

By virtue of the New York Jets' victory in Indianapolis Saturday night, the Steelers will play either Baltimore or Kansas City at 4:30 p.m. Saturday at Heinz Field.

The Ravens and Chiefs play today in Kansas City.

As the sixth and lowest seed in the AFC, the Jets will play next Sunday at New England, the No. 1 seed. The Steelers, the No. 2 seed, and the Patriots earned byes this weekend into the next round of the playoffs.

The Steelers have played the Ravens and Chiefs in the postseason. They are 2-0 against Baltimore, both games at Heinz Field -- in a 2001 playoff and in the 2008 AFC championship game. The AFC North rivals split their two regular-season games this season.

Although the Steelers and Kansas City have competed in the AFC for 41 seasons, they have met just once in the postseason, a 1993 wild-card playoff victory by the Chiefs in overtime.

If the Patriots beat the Jets, the AFC championship game will be held in New England Jan. 23. If the Patriots lose to the Jets, the winner of the Steelers' game Saturday would play host to the championship game.

Ed Bouchette: ebouchette@post-gazette.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11009/11 ... z1AWyLWmJV (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11009/1116782-66.stm#ixzz1AWyLWmJV)

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11009/11 ... z1AZ61uoLJ (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11009/1116782-66.stm#ixzz1AZ61uoLJ)

SteelAbility
01-09-2011, 03:17 PM

Arrowhead stadium is historically a tough place to play.
KC is 7-1 at home this year.
KC was 1-7 at home last year.
Forget everything I said.
Best record of KC opponent (home wins) ... 9-7