PDA

View Full Version : OT: Ed Reed's brother missing

JAR
01-07-2011, 09:36 PM
RAVENS: Police searching for Ed Reed's brother

By Aaron Wilson, Times Staff Writer Carroll County Times | 1 comment

Louisiana law enforcement officials are on a manhunt for the brother of Baltimore Ravens star free safety Ed Reed, according to WWL-TV.

According to police, Brian Reed is wanted in St. Rose, La., after jumping in the Mississippi River to elude police.

Reed's mother, Karen Reed, acknowledged that her son, Brian Reed, has had problems with drugs and alcohol in the past.

She said she thought a traffic stop is what led up to the police search.

Reed has managed to avoid apprehension since jumping in the river.

Ed Reed is a former NFL Defensive Player of the Year. The former University of Miami star has never had any history of off-field problems.
http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sport ... 03286.html (http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sports/ravens/article_89752a7a-1aa6-11e0-a2bb-001cc4c03286.html)

DukieBoy
01-07-2011, 10:42 PM
It does sound serious, and will treat it so and hope for the best.

hawaiiansteel
01-08-2011, 12:07 AM
that is truly sad and tragic, may God bless the Reed family...

Ozey74
01-08-2011, 08:06 AM
What a shame. I hate the Ravens and all, but just on the field. I hope this story takes a turn for the positive and has a good ending.

YoungMoneyCrew
01-08-2011, 11:17 AM
What a shame. I hate the Ravens and all, but just on the field. I hope this story takes a turn for the positive and has a good ending.

Prayers to his family. His mother seems to be talking about him in the past tense already.

AkronSteel
01-08-2011, 11:58 AM
This is a real sad story and my prayers go out to Ed and his family!!

Saying that.....this could be a big story moving into the next couple of days!

jj28west
01-08-2011, 12:08 PM
I know we have had this discussion or argument before but if any of these guys on D (even Ray Ray) were Steelers many of us would love their style in how they would play for the Black-n-Gold regardless of the off the field stuff.

Dont get me wrong I hate T Sizzle, Lewis, Ngata, Reed since they are the opponent but the whole "earn every inch you make on us" defensive mentality and the conistently high level of the brand they play must make you feel like you have to tip your cap out of respect.

flippy
01-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Wouldn't he be dead from the current in the river most likely?

YoungMoneyCrew
01-08-2011, 12:34 PM

Hopefully he went back underwater to make the cops think he was dead, and resurfaced down the line somewhere, but jumping into a 40 degree rivers fully clothed with a strong current isn't a smart idea. God bless him and hopefully he made it.

flippy
01-08-2011, 05:48 PM

Hopefully he went back underwater to make the cops think he was dead, and resurfaced down the line somewhere, but jumping into a 40 degree rivers fully clothed with a strong current isn't a smart idea. God bless him and hopefully he made it.

I feel bad for him. I can't believe this happened to anyone.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Crap like this happens to thousands of families in every state each year and to families from all walks of life. Just because it is Ed Reed's brother, I don't feel it deserves more sympathy than any of the others. Americans are just primarily a depressed nation due to being overworked, overtaxed, ripped off, etc. on a daily basis.

Starlifter
01-08-2011, 08:35 PM
forgive me if I have little sympathy for someone with drug and alcohol issues. Life is about choices, and it appears Mr. Reeds choices led him to be a fugitive from police and a swim in the mississippi in January. As a parent if I have sympathy it's for the pain he has caused his family and those who love him - but for the man himself, none. On the plus side, don't know if he can play but cincy may have some roster spots available...

Irongut
01-08-2011, 08:36 PM
This thread has a full blown case of retard.

Who gives a **** if Ed Reed's brother is so stupid that he steals a car and jumps in a river without knowing how to swim or swim properly.

Looks like the state can save some money on housing another idiot.

PSU_dropout43
01-09-2011, 02:35 AM

Who gives a bad word if Ed Reed's brother is so stupid that he steals a car and jumps in a river without knowing how to swim or swim properly.

:shock:

hawaiiansteel
01-09-2011, 03:01 AM
Who gives a bad word if Ed Reed's brother is so stupid that he steals a car and jumps in a river without knowing how to swim or swim properly.

Ed Reed, the Mom in particular and the rest of the Reed family probably care a lot... :wft

YoungMoneyCrew
01-09-2011, 03:11 AM

God bless you. It's a shame that people can feel this way about other human beings....no matter the circumstance.

fordfixer
01-09-2011, 05:03 AM
Search called off for Ed Reed’s missing brother

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... ng_brother (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AsmysMUxc3VdWnPxXf69S1RDubYF?slug=nfp-20110108_search_called_off_for_ed_reeds_missing_br other)

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – Baltimore Ravens star free safety Ed Reed(notes) traveled with the team on its charter flight to Kansas City for Sunday's AFC wild-card playoff game, according to senior vice president of community and public relations Kevin Byrne.

Reed has decided to play in the game. His younger brother, Brian Reed jumped into the Mississippi River on Friday to elude police and the search has been called off.

“Ed made the trip and is going to play,” Reed’s older brother, Wendell Sanchez, said in a telephone interview from the family's home in St. Rose, La. “Ed’s OK. He’s upbeat. We’re just all here at the house hoping and praying and waiting to hear something.

“Everything’s the same as far as Brian. We’re just waiting to find out what’s happening. We’re just hoping for good news and we’re not giving up hope. We appreciate everyone’s support.”

Karen Reed, Reed's mother, told Louisiana reporters that investigators have recorded Brian Reed's shoes and jacket.

“The suspect jumped into the river, went about 15 feet according to the deputy,” Sgt. Dwayne LaGrange, a spokesman for the St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office told a Louisiana television station. “At some particular point they said he did witness hands and head come up and go under the water and never resurface again."

Law enforcement officials said that they were pursuing Brian Reed because his car matched a description of a car that nearly ran another car off the road. Plus, they suspected that he was driving a stolen vehicle.

“We've been in contact as an organization,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh said during a conference call Friday night. “All I want to say is our thoughts and our prayers are with the Reed family in this difficult, difficult time. We're praying like crazy in the Harbaugh house for the Reed family.

“I love Ed Reed. Hopefully, this thing will turn out OK. I haven't had a chance to talk to him. He's got his hands full right now."

A former NFL Defensive Player of the Year, Ed Reed led the NFL with eight interceptions this season.

Karen Reed, Reed's mother, told Louisiana reporters that Brian Reed has struggled in the past with drugs and alcohol.

“He was a good person,” Karen Reed said. “He kind of had a little run in with drugs and stuff. He had kind of got off it. Other than that, he was alright."

LordVile
01-09-2011, 05:47 AM
forgive me if I have little sympathy for someone with drug and alcohol issues. Life is about choices, and it appears Mr. Reeds choices led him to be a fugitive from police and a swim in the mississippi in January. As a parent if I have sympathy it's for the pain he has caused his family and those who love him - but for the man himself, none. On the plus side, don't know if he can play but cincy may have some roster spots available...

:Agree :wink:

rpmpit
01-09-2011, 07:35 AM
I've known a few families that have had "bad seeds". One particular comes to mind. A good friend from high school had an older brother who was constantly in trouble with the law and had major drug issues. He was a massive strain on the family and according to my buddy, the major reason his parents got divorced. He died in his early 20s and though it was sad, you could tell the family was somewhate relieved. As terrible as that sounds, I can almost understand them feeling that way. I wonder if Ed feels the same way??

jj28west
01-09-2011, 09:53 AM

:Agree :wink:

:Agree x 2