PDA

View Full Version : Who to watch in tonights Cotton Bowl

steelerkeylargo
01-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Players the Steelers could be looking at and who could realistically be available at 1/32 or later.

LSU-WR-Terrence Toliver- Big WR with talent who was lost with no real QB
LSU-LT-Joseph Barksdale- 2nd Day OT prospect
LSU-DT-Drake Nevis- Fantastic DT prospect who will probably go in the first 20 picks
LSU-ILB-Kelvin Sheppard- highly productive ILB who maybe a tad overrated
TAM-WR-Jeff Fuller-excellent big & physical wideout probable second rounder if he declares
TAM-DT-Lucas Patterson-late round NT prospect

Dee Dub
01-07-2011, 08:32 PM
It'll be hard not to watch Patrick Petersen. I know we dont have a snow balls chance but man is he good. I gotta feeling he is wearing a Cowboys uniform next year.

NJ-STEELER
01-07-2011, 08:37 PM
hoipefully winning a few meaningless games keeps them away from getting to pick peterson

DukieBoy
01-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Stevan Ridley .... looked great on that cutback TD run.

steelerkeylargo
01-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Stevan Ridley .... looked great on that cutback TD run.

He did...he is only a junior and I would be surprised if he declared. Tolliver is looking real nice and could slip through the cracks to the middle to late rounds. This is a very deep WR draft.

hawaiiansteel
01-07-2011, 11:51 PM
LSU OT Joseph Barksdale has looked really good, he would be a great mid-round pick to develop and add depth to our OT position.

what is the knock on him?

steelerkeylargo
01-07-2011, 11:55 PM
LSU OT Joseph Barksdale has looked really good, he would be a great mid-round pick to develop at LT.

I would say he looks good because Miller has been playing the other side most of the night and Barksdale usually has a TE on his side to hekp chip.

hawaiiansteel
01-07-2011, 11:57 PM
LSU OT Joseph Barksdale has looked really good, he would be a great mid-round pick to develop at LT.

I would say he looks good because Miller has been playing the other side most of the night and Barksdale usually has a TE on his side to hekp chip.

what's the knock on Barksdale and what round do you see him getting drafted in?

steelerkeylargo
01-08-2011, 12:51 AM

what's the knock on Barksdale and what round do you see him getting drafted in?

Barksdale is what is known as a "catch" blocker, meaning he is not aggressive and lets the action come to him. He really struggles with speed. He will probably be a late 4th or early 5th rounder and a RT only.

steelblood
01-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Barksdale is also a very average run blocker. Great athlete, but doesn't have much killer in him. If an o-line coach can get him turned around, he does have late first round talent.

grotonsteel
01-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Players the Steelers could be looking at and who could realistically be available at 1/32 or later.

LSU-DT-Drake Nevis- Fantastic DT prospect who will probably go in the first 20 picks
TAM-WR-Jeff Fuller-excellent big & physical wideout probable second rounder if he declares

Do you still believe Drake Nevis is a Top20 pick after yesterday's game?? I was not able to see entire game yesterday. The few snaps i saw he looked pretty ordinary.

steelerkeylargo
01-08-2011, 05:38 PM

Do you still believe Drake Nevis is a Top20 pick after yesterday's game?? I was not able to see entire game yesterday. The few snaps i saw he looked pretty ordinary.

I do. They doubled him all night long and i think he got hurt. He didnt play the 4th quarter. That is why I think he should put on weight and play NT. The dude is almost unblockable 1 on 1. You can scheme to take one person out of the gameplan at the college level but you cant in the pros.