PDA

View Full Version : JJ Watt NFL bound

steelerkeylargo
01-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Declared today. Doubtful he makes it to 1/32

hawaiiansteel
01-06-2011, 08:18 PM

I also doubt it, but if he's there we should go ahead and secure our future at the DE position for years to come with J J Watt...he is a beast.

steelerkeylargo
01-06-2011, 08:22 PM

I also doubt it, but if he's there we should go ahead and secure our future at the DE position for years to come with J J Watt...he is a beast.

As much as I would like to see Pouncey. I have to agree.

Dee Dub
01-06-2011, 08:29 PM

I agree with you guys on Watt but I like Jared Crick in the second more. Problem with that is he too maybe out of the reach of the Steelers. Probably early to mid second rounder.

Dee Dub
01-06-2011, 08:33 PM

What do you think for Watt?…..New England at 17, San Diego at 18, or Green Bay at 25?

hawaiiansteel
01-06-2011, 08:47 PM
I read a recent article where it stated the Steelers believe Aaron Smith has a couple of seasons still left in him. if that's the case and then adding in the fact that we also still have Keisel, Ziggy, Eason and McLendon on the roster don't you think that it's unlikely the Steelers will spend a high draft choice on a DE?

feltdizz
01-06-2011, 08:53 PM
I read a recent article where it stated the Steelers believe Aaron Smith has a couple of seasons still left in him. if that's the case and then adding in the fact that we also still have Keisel, Ziggy, Eason and McLendon on the roster don't you think that it's unlikely the Steelers will spend a high draft choice on a DE?

Recent history is more reliable than a recent article. As much as people like Aaron Smith I think they will start despising him if he turns into a Duce Staley.

Irongut
01-06-2011, 08:59 PM
1. Mike Pouncey
2. JJ Watt
3. Cameron Heyward

Those are my thoughts for the first round.

hawaiiansteel
01-06-2011, 09:03 PM
As much as people like Aaron Smith I think they will start despising him if he turns into a Duce Staley.

Ouch! comparing Smitty to Staley is pretty cold... :lol:

http://steelerstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/duce1.jpghttp://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20041108ap_fbn_haynes_staleyPJ_230.jpg

isonator07
01-06-2011, 09:50 PM
I like how Watt plays. I only watched a couple Wisconsin games this year, when I did he was making plays all over the field. His motor never stopped. I'd love to see him in the black n gold, but I think we can get by with Hood and Kiesel for now. If Smitty has anything left we should be good enough to pass.

I think OL and CB are two bigger needs in the first round. It all depends who is available at 32 :D I guess.

steelerkeylargo
01-06-2011, 10:02 PM

What do you think for Watt?…..New England at 17, San Diego at 18, or Green Bay at 25?

I pegged Clayborn to NE, Cam Jordan to SD and Watt to GB

jj28west
01-07-2011, 06:42 AM
I am guilty of the one game assessment disease (1st time only time I saw him was the Bowl game) but you do not have to be a Bill Parcells talent evaluator to see his high motor and size credentials.

Oviedo
01-07-2011, 08:59 AM

Recent history is more reliable than a recent article. As much as people like Aaron Smith I think they will start despising him if he turns into a Duce Staley.

I completely agree. What evidence does anyone have that would indicate that Smith could make it through a full season when he has had upper body surgery two of the past three years. That sounds to me like a body that telling its owner something. Plus Smith makes too much money to be the back up to Hood in a rotation that would limit the wear and tear on his body.

Sooner or later we are going to have part ways with some of our favoritte players like Smith, Ward and Farrior to free up the cap space to keep good young players like Woodley and Timmons. Woodley and Timmons are now both more valuable to this team that Aaron Smith. Just a fact.