PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered 15 lbs of crawfish!

Mister Pittsburgh
01-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Can't wait till the 15th. Just ordered 15lbs of live crawfish to tailgate! Got 8 tickets and good friends coming into town from as far away as Raleigh NC.

Good friends, beer, a crawfish boil & Steelers playoff football....what more could a man ask for?

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!! :tt2

:stirpot Me stirring my crawfish!

RuthlessBurgher
01-06-2011, 01:36 PM
SN1 request for Mister Pittsburgh to join him for a joint tailgate coming in 3...2...1... :P

SteelerNation1
01-06-2011, 04:09 PM
SN1 request for Mister Pittsburgh to join him for a joint tailgate coming in 3...2...1... :P
Can you join me at the tailgate? Bring the crawfish... :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

aggiebones
01-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Nice, I usually get invited to a crawfish boil here in DC every other year and love it. Wife is from La. Oddly its always during the Draft.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-06-2011, 05:58 PM
I had one on Halloween night, first one I ever had or had been to, and it turned out awesome. Got 30 pounds of them and it turned out great. Had about 20 people over to watch the game. We lost to the Saints....only crappy part of that night.

This time I am going to throw sausage into the boil. Last time it was just the crawfish with potatoes and corn on the cob.

Shoe
01-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Sounds great!
Can I ask: how/where does one order 15 lbs of crawfish? That sounds like a lot of crawfish. How many people does that serve?

Djfan
01-06-2011, 08:00 PM
I had one on Halloween night, first one I ever had or had been to, and it turned out awesome. Got 30 pounds of them and it turned out great. Had about 20 people over to watch the game. We lost to the Saints....only crappy part of that night.

This time I am going to throw sausage into the boil. Last time it was just the crawfish with potatoes and corn on the cob.

Keilbasa makes it for me! Keep the cajun spices light, though.

Irongut
01-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Crawfish definitely not high on my tailgate food list.

hawaiiansteel
01-06-2011, 08:20 PM
my favorite food at a tailgate is beer. :Cheers

Mister Pittsburgh
01-07-2011, 08:47 AM
Sounds great!
Can I ask: how/where does one order 15 lbs of crawfish? That sounds like a lot of crawfish. How many people does that serve?

I ordered from this site both times. On Halloween, like I said I got 30 pounds which would equate to about 500 to 600 of them. They got shipped in overnight at a 25 dollar charge and I stored them overnight. By the time I cooked them, I think there were only around 10 or 12 dead ones.

Initially I was going to order from the Louisiana companies, but discovered for Halloween that they were 'out of season' even though most the sites said they were available live year round. I had already invited everyone over for a crawfish boil so had to scramble and discovered this variety of crawfish, the pacific reds, and they were huge and awesome.

http://www.farm-2-market.com/online-store/crawfish

Had no issues with these dudes.

SidSmythe
01-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Can you join me at the tailgate? Bring the crawfish... :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

ummm SN1 ... looks like I can't make your tailgate party ...
"Something suddenly came up" Marsha Brady :mrgreen:

Ghost
01-07-2011, 09:55 AM
LOVE a good crawfish boil!! I can take down 3 to 5 pounds of the mudbugs with ease! Must be different out west but the crawfishe season begins in Janauary and peaks 3 or 4 months later (that's why you had issues in October).

Keilbasa is great on the grill but you have to go with Andouille sausage fgor a boil.

What are you using for your spice? I like Tony Chachere's but I know you can get bags of actual crawfish boil spice? Add anything besides corn, onions, and potatoes? If you like them, mushrooms really soak up the spices.

I will be jealous come the 15th!

SteelerNation1
01-07-2011, 10:08 AM

HOLY CRAP! Sid is Tom Brady! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy the game!

SidSmythe
01-07-2011, 10:21 AM

Enjoy the game!

I was joking ... i've never had crawfish actually.
Not sure what time i'll be getting down there actually ... still ironing out details.
I think come Monday we'll have to start an OFFICIAL STEELERS vs ??? TAILGATE INFO thread :tt1

SteelerNation1
01-07-2011, 10:25 AM

Enjoy the game!

Not sure what time i'll be getting down there actually ... still ironing out details.
I think come Monday we'll have to start an OFFICIAL STEELERS vs ??? TAILGATE INFO thread :tt1
I'll start it today at some point. Now if these pesky 5th graders would leave me alone for a minute...I hate when my job gets in the way of my message board time! :lol:

Djfan
01-07-2011, 10:45 AM

Enjoy the game!

I'll start it today at some point. Now if these pesky 5th graders would leave me alone for a minute...I hate when my job gets in the way of my message board time! :lol:

Brother, I taught 5th grade for 5 years! Fun age. I was the math teacher at the school for the 5th graders. Good times!

RuthlessBurgher
01-07-2011, 11:05 AM
I was just above and just below 5th grade (3 years teaching 7th-8th grade and 1 year teaching 3rd-4th grade). Then I moved on to teaching college sophomores for a few years, and now it is Master's candidates online (current teachers who strive to be administrators). Not quite the same (although it is scary to witness firsthand the poor writing skills of some of the people who are out there teaching our children as we speak).

Mister Pittsburgh
01-07-2011, 11:07 AM
LOVE a good crawfish boil!! I can take down 3 to 5 pounds of the mudbugs with ease! Must be different out west but the crawfishe season begins in Janauary and peaks 3 or 4 months later (that's why you had issues in October).

Keilbasa is great on the grill but you have to go with Andouille sausage fgor a boil.

What are you using for your spice? I like Tony Chachere's but I know you can get bags of actual crawfish boil spice? Add anything besides corn, onions, and potatoes? If you like them, mushrooms really soak up the spices.

I will be jealous come the 15th!

For the boil I had on Halloween, I got crawfish boil spices from Zattarans. Pretty sweet. The spices were in these bags, kind of like big teabags, and just toss them in the pot. I cut up about a half dozen lemons in half, did throw mushrooms in, along with onions, potatoes, and corn on the cob. One thing the Zattarans didn't have was the cayanne pepper and I didn't have any so it wasn't real spicy, which I wish it was. This time I am going to get some cayenne. I am also going to toss in some venison hot sausage links my dad & i made. Can't freaking wait till the 15th.

I will be sitting in section 137, Row E, seats 1&2. Best seats I have ever had for a Steelers game. Right by where they run out onto the field when they are announced.

flippy
01-07-2011, 11:10 AM
I might just have some Wagyu cattle shipped in from Japan.

We'll definitely cap off the pregame by cracking open my chest of Gurkha Black Dragons and open a few bottles of Henri IV Dudognon Heritage.

Seriously though, I'm envious of the crawfish and never realized you could ship the stuff to you live. That's pretty cool.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-07-2011, 12:44 PM

We'll definitely cap off the pregame by cracking open my chest of Gurkha Black Dragons and open a few bottles of Henri IV Dudognon Heritage.

Seriously though, I'm envious of the crawfish and never realized you could ship the stuff to you live. That's pretty cool.

You can order live Asian brides off the internet dude. Get with the times LOL! :lol:

SidSmythe
01-07-2011, 12:58 PM

You can order live Asian brides off the internet dude. Get with the times LOL! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

flippy
01-07-2011, 01:21 PM

Sweet. I'll have to convert to mormon and get my wife to buy into this one first ;)

Mister Pittsburgh
01-07-2011, 01:37 PM

Sweet. I'll have to convert to mormon and get my wife to buy into this one first ;)

My wife isn't that cool. She limits my online live purchases to critters lol.

If you do get that going though, please invite me to your next tailgate! :Beer

Jigawatts
01-07-2011, 01:55 PM

Enjoy the game!

I don't know why you waste your time with those kids. They have no future. :lol:

Wish I was going to this game. Assuming we win, I'll be there for the AFC championship
game if we're fortunate enough to play it at Heinz.

RuthlessBurgher
01-07-2011, 03:17 PM

Enjoy the game!

I don't know why you waste your time with those kids. They have no future. :lol:

Wish I was going to this game. Assuming we win, I'll be there for the AFC championship
game if we're fortunate enough to play it at Heinz.

For some authentic math activity in class, SN1 should have his students compute Lonbull's MNF Executive scores each week. :mrgreen:

fordfixer
01-07-2011, 09:04 PM

Enjoy the game!

Brother, I taught 5th grade for 5 years! Fun age. I was the math teacher at the school for the 5th graders. Good times!

Wow what a small world I was in a 5th grade math class once :lol:

hawaiiansteel
01-07-2011, 09:14 PM

for two years in a row... :lol: :moon

Wolfhound45
01-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Crawfish boil! This man knows how to party!

les bon temps rouler!

fordfixer
01-08-2011, 04:02 AM

for two years in a row... :lol: :moon

It was the longest 3 years of my life. Get your facts right :lol:

ALLD
01-08-2011, 09:32 AM
You sound like Kramer when he announced he got 35 cans of Beef-a-reeno. Crawfish are tastier than shrimp.

flippy
01-08-2011, 05:50 PM
For some authentic math activity in class, SN1 should have his students compute Lonbull's MNF Executive scores each week. :mrgreen:

Or maybe they could do our taxes for us. :D

Mister Pittsburgh
01-08-2011, 06:11 PM
I'll be sure to get some pictures.