PDA

View Full Version : OC Next Year - who's out there?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-06-2011, 12:46 AM
Just for fun, imagine you could fire BA at season end.

Who is out there who could replace him? Norvy was one guy I thought of, but he's staying in SD. Kubiak is staying too.

Surely there are reasonable options out there? Right?

SidSmythe
01-06-2011, 07:03 AM
anyone but Mularky or Ray Sherman

Oviedo
01-06-2011, 09:09 AM
It doesn't matter who is out there because it will be Arians or Randy Fichtner the current QB coach. Hopefully the latter.

Eich
01-06-2011, 09:15 AM

Mularky's offense is doing pretty well. I doubt he'd be available.

Oviedo
01-06-2011, 09:17 AM

Mularky's offense is doing pretty well. I doubt he'd be available.

He is also interviewing for the HC job in Denver and I think I also heard Carolina. Mularky will not be looking for a lateral move.

JTP53609
01-06-2011, 10:32 AM
I am the only person left in the world that does not blame BA for every mistake the offense makes.....If we win a Super Bowl that will be 2 rings he has coordinated us too. Regardless of what we think, or what we would call from our couches on Sundays, I think he may know more than me or anyone else on here. Sometimes he calls some things that make us scratch our heads and wonder "why did he call that", but more often than not he does a good enough job.
I am sure we could get an awesome offensive coordinator that has a brilliant mind, but boy I hope that guy can win help lead us to 3 more super bowls, because than he would be an upgrade whoever it is.

feltdizz
01-06-2011, 10:34 AM
I am the only person left in the world that does not blame BA for every mistake the offense makes.....If we win a Super Bowl that will be 2 rings he has coordinated us too. Regardless of what we think, or what we would call from our couches on Sundays, I think he may know more than me or anyone else on here. Sometimes he calls some things that make us scratch our heads and wonder "why did he call that", but more often than not he does a good enough job.
I am sure we could get an awesome offensive coordinator that has a brilliant mind, but boy I hope that guy can win help lead us to 3 more super bowls, because than he would be an upgrade whoever it is.

:Agree

But a part of me wants a new OC so these guys will STFU for a 2 games before bashing the new guy.

Oviedo
01-06-2011, 10:39 AM

But a part of me wants a new OC so these guys will STFU for a 2 games before bashing the new guy.

Do you really think he would get a two game reprieve? I think the "geniuses" will start pointing out his flaws the day he is named. Plus he will be crucified when we don't select a FB in the draft.

flippy
01-06-2011, 10:45 AM

I think BA is the brilliant mind. He overthinks things imho.

Djfan
01-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Thinking "I won't try to disguise anything" or "Moore is our only third down back" or "Speath can block, let's get rid of Kuhn" or any other number of things he so consistantly does is not genius.

I hope he goes.

JTP53609
01-06-2011, 11:19 AM

Do you really think he would get a two game reprieve? I think the "geniuses" will start pointing out his flaws the day he is named. Plus he will be crucified when we don't select a FB in the draft.

I wold give it 2 hours into training camp in July at St. Vincents before the new O.C. would be second guessed as to why he is wearing a ball cap instead of a straw hat which is cooler for that tme of the year...

grotonsteel
01-06-2011, 11:25 AM
I think Carolina Panthers is interested in BA.

I read somewhere about it. Its just a rumor right now i guess.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-06-2011, 12:36 PM
IIRC, when there were a bunch of HC openings last year, and the possibility that some would open up this year, there was zero interest in BA - no offers of interviews, etc.

If his peers aren't clammering to get him, I don't think it's unreasonable that Steeler fans, especially omniscient ones like us :lol: , aren't ecstatic with him.

NorthCoast
01-06-2011, 01:25 PM

Sorry, but no. The first ring has very little to do with BA's offense but was primarily won with a once-in-a-decade defense (#1 in virtually every category). No way we even get to Superbowl XLIII without that defense.
If BA is that good, why does the offense consistently perform better in the no-huddle with Ben calling the plays?

RuthlessBurgher
01-06-2011, 01:32 PM
One big reason why Arians is not a head coaching candidate is because he is 58 years old.

These days, newly hired first time NFL head coaches are young guys in the 30's and 40's, not guys pushing 60. If you hire a guy in his late 50's, he better have some pelts on the wall and not be a first-timer newb.

The only current NFL head coaches that are older than 58 are Tom Coughlin (64) and, surprisingly, Pete Carroll (59). For what it's worth, Bill Belichick, Mike Shanahan, and Norv Turner are all also 58 like Arians.

Mister Pittsburgh
01-06-2011, 01:58 PM
It doesn't matter who is out there because it will be Arians or Randy Fichtner the current QB coach. Hopefully the latter.

agreed. Fichtner is gonna be good.

Oviedo
01-06-2011, 02:41 PM

agreed. Fichtner is gonna be good.

I'm sure after 3 or 4 games next season that will be the minority opinion on this board. :stirpot

MeetJoeGreene
01-06-2011, 02:43 PM
I think Carolina Panthers is interested in BA.

I read somewhere about it. Its just a rumor right now i guess.

Please

Please
Please
Please
Let this be true.

birtikidis
01-06-2011, 04:20 PM

I think you mean BEAUTIFUL mind.
BA sees things that aren't there, just like the character in the movie.

RuthlessBurgher
01-06-2011, 04:36 PM

I think you mean BEAUTIFUL mind.
BA sees things that aren't there, just like the character in the movie.

Does he write his plays on his windows for everyone *cough*Belichick's cameras*cough* to see?

http://chicagoartcriticism.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/russell-crowe-a-beautiful-mind-c10102591.jpeg

NorthCoast
01-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Thinking "I won't try to disguise anything" or "Moore is our only third down back" or "Speath can block, let's get rid of Kuhn" or any other number of things he so consistantly does is not genius.

I hope he goes.

Or how about the classic "we don't change a thing regardless of injuries....".

or especially "I don't think three step drops are needed for our offense"....

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-06-2011, 10:18 PM

I hope he goes.

Or how about the classic "we don't change a thing regardless of injuries....".

or especially "I don't think three step drops are needed for our offense"....

You know, I think that statement of his is a testament to his cretinism, unattractively (yet somehow predictably) combined with awkward attempts to win LOTY (lickspittle of the year).

In the mind of BA:

"Duh, coach says all the players gotta step up if the starters get injured, he says, ' ...performance expectations don't change'. So, I guess that means I'm not allowed to make any personnel changes. Umm ... right?"

Meanwhile, the next day at the PC: ... "Gentleman of the press, we here in the Steelers organization don't believe in making changes because of injury. Never have, and never will. You got that? We just don't. Right coach, right??".

Later, in the privacy of his own stall: "Which way did he go, George, which way did he go?".