PDA

View Full Version : deju vu..hopefully

JTP53609
01-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Referring to the 2008 Super season and this one, the seasons seem to have many similarities..
- to start, obviously both seasons we were 12-4 and division champs
- both season we squeak out a last possession win in Baltimore to all but wrap up a division
- we get ripped by the number 1 seed in the AFC during the regular season (Tenn in 08, N.E. this year)
- we finish the regular season off by destroying the browns (31-0 in 2008, 41-9 this year)
- we have a rough regular season game against an NFC team on the road (Phi in 08, N.O this year)
- Both years we do not lose any "trap" games, we stay focused and beat who we should beat and lose 4 games to 4 good teams (PHI, NYG, IND, TENN in 2008, BAL, N.O, N.E. NYJ this year)
- The Oline play was average at best both years too

In 2008 our offense did just enough to win games because our Defense was dominant, which is similar to this years team too, only our offense is better balanced and the defense is a little older but still very good.

NW Steeler
01-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Good post. A lot of similarities to be sure. They also pulled a couple of wins out of their arses (Buffalo, Baltimore) much like they did in '08. Now we just need Indy to win and Baltimore to knock out the Pats and we are set for a repeat!

JTP53609
01-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Good post. A lot of similarities to be sure. They also pulled a couple of wins out of their arses (Buffalo, Baltimore) much like they did in '08. Now we just need Indy to win and Baltimore to knock out the Pats and we are set for a repeat!

thank you, I thought it was a good post and I think I am accurate on all of it, I went into my memory bank...

ramblinjim
01-06-2011, 12:34 PM

And watch the Seahags go on a run in the NFC and we can have a rematch of the 2005 Super Bowl! :tt2

Great post!

JTP53609
01-07-2011, 09:02 PM

And watch the Seahags go on a run in the NFC and we can have a rematch of the 2005 Super Bowl! :tt2

Great post!

you make a good point, in 2008, the cardinals limped into the playoffs and the "experts" said they were the weakest team in and sure enough they made it to the super bowl...

skyhawk
01-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Eerily similar, indeed.