PDA

View Full Version : Draft Titus Young Please

Prowler
01-04-2011, 07:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPM5ttLp_Qg

Can you imagine the possibilities with 2 Mike Wallaces' on the field at the same time. Throw in Sanders and Brown and we won't be stopped for many years to come!! Good luck putting 8 or 9 in a box against these 4 speedsters. :idea:

hawaiiansteel
01-04-2011, 07:55 PM
I think if we were to draft a WR we would be more likely to draft a taller receiver like Titus' teammate Austin Pettis or Cincy's Armon Binns.

steelerkeylargo
01-04-2011, 07:55 PM
While I do like Titus Young quite a bit. WR is a position I would not touch in the first 4 rounds. This is the deepest WR draft I can ever remember (pending all the juniors coming out). We have needs on both Lines and at CB that should take up the first 4 or 5 picks.

Prowler
01-04-2011, 08:27 PM
While I do like Titus Young quite a bit. WR is a position I would not touch in the first 4 rounds. This is the deepest WR draft I can ever remember (pending all the juniors coming out). We have needs on both Lines and at CB that should take up the first 4 or 5 picks.

I would argue that having a franchise SB winning QB on the team is enough reason to draft a WR in the first 3 rounds every single year. One thing you never want is not having enough targets for your franchise QB. Otherwise you may as well have Kordell back and pound the rock the majority of the time.

hawaiiansteel
01-04-2011, 08:32 PM
I would argue that having a franchise SB winning QB on the team is enough reason to draft a WR in the first 3 rounds every single year. One thing you never want is not having enough targets for your franchise QB.

Ben has been requesting a "big" WR since he lost Plexico, I would have no problem with meeting our franchise QB's request in this upcoming draft...but hopefully no earlier than the 3rd/4th round.

focosteeler
01-04-2011, 08:44 PM
I think if we were to draft a WR we would be more likely to draft a taller receiver like Titus' teammate Austin Pettis or Cincy's Armon Binns.
:Agree if I remember correctly all our WR's are under 6 ft, except maybe Wallace. I think ben needs a WR who is 6' 3ish and can go up and get the ball :2c

Prowler
01-04-2011, 08:44 PM

To be honest I'm not real high on Austin Pettis. I don't like his hands and I think he has a problem at the next level creating separation.

As for Armon Binns, I admit I have not had a chance to see him play like I have the Boise WR's several times.

Call me crazy but I would love to draft Dane Sanzenbacher from Ohio State. Not sure how well he would fit into the Steeler system but I love this guy nevertheless! Who wouldn't love the next Wes Welker?

hawaiiansteel
01-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Call me crazy but I would love to draft Dane Sanzenbacher from Ohio State. Not sure how well he would fit into the Steeler system but I love this guy nevertheless! Who wouldn't love the next Wes Welker?

did you just see Sanzenbacher recover that fumble in the endzone for Ohio State's 1st TD? that guy is always around the ball, they said on tv that the Ohio St players voted him MVP...that's interesting when Terrelle Pryor is also on the team.

steelz09
01-04-2011, 10:04 PM
I watch a lot of SEC football and there are 3 WR's that I like. All are in the SEC and all 3 are widely considered some of the top 3 in the country.

1) Julio Jones, Alabama
2) Alshon Jefferies, South Carolina
3) AJ Green, Georgia

Most are considering Green the best but Jefferies is a big, strong target that will good speed. With that being said, I would take Julio Jones.

He has all the attributes to be a Steelers-type receiver. Because of his size, he reminds me of Anquan Boldin.

However, I don't want a WR in the 1st or second round. In order, I'd like to see:

1) O-Line
2) NT / DT / DE
3) CB / FS

steelerkeylargo
01-04-2011, 10:13 PM
I watch a lot of SEC football and there are 3 WR's that I like. All are in the SEC and all 3 are widely considered some of the top 3 in the country.

1) Julio Jones, Alabama
2) Alshon Jefferies, South Carolina
3) AJ Green, Georgia

Most are considering Green the best but Jefferies is a big, strong target that will good speed. With that being said, I would take Julio Jones.

He has all the attributes to be a Steelers-type receiver. Because of his size, he reminds me of Anquan Boldin.

However, I don't want a WR in the 1st or second round. In order, I'd like to see:

1) O-Line
2) NT / DT / DE
3) CB / FS

AJ Green will be a top 5 pick, Jeffreys is a sophmore and Julio will go top 20.

hawaiiansteel
01-04-2011, 10:14 PM

1) O-Line
2) NT / DT / DE
3) CB / FS

I almost agree, I would prefer:

1) OL
2) CB
3) NT/DT/DE

steelerkeylargo
01-04-2011, 10:17 PM

I would argue that having a franchise SB winning QB on the team is enough reason to draft a WR in the first 3 rounds every single year. One thing you never want is not having enough targets for your franchise QB. Otherwise you may as well have Kordell back and pound the rock the majority of the time.

Like I said this is the deepest draft for WR's in years. We already have 3 good young WR's. Even if Hines retires and we cut Ranle El, Sweed and Battle. I could live with Wallace, Sanders, Brown, Fantuz and a 5th round WR like a Jeremy Kerley from TCU

hawaiiansteel
01-04-2011, 10:25 PM
We already have 3 good young WR's. Even if Hines retires and we cut Ranle El, Sweed and Battle. I could live with Wallace, Sanders, Brown, Fantuz and a 5th round WR like a Jeremy Kerley from TCU

Roughriders Andy Fantuz continues his tour of NFL workouts

Bears, Bengals, and Bills now on the list

Reported By Jamie Nye
Posted January 4, 2011

http://www.newstalk650.com/files/imagecache/news_story_image/files/news-image/IMG_0043-Riders-JB-Andy_Fantuz-Nov.112010-1_Small.JPG

Saskatchewan Roughriders receiver Andy Fantuz has a lot of interest from the National Football League.

After working out for the Minnesota Vikings, Pittsburgh Steelers and New England Patriots before the New Year, Fantuz now has planned workouts with with Chicago Bears, Cincinnati Bengals and Buffalo Bills with likely more teams wanting to take a look at the CFL's Outstanding Canadian in the next month.

Fantuz is entering his option year and can now sign on with an NFL team until the option window closes in two months.

Fantuz was the first Canadian receiver to lead the CFL in receiving yards since 1995 and was Darian Durant's go-to receiver on the Roughriders road to the Grey Cup.

http://www.newstalk650.com/story/20110104/45201

Shawn
01-04-2011, 11:19 PM

did you just see Sanzenbacher recover that fumble in the endzone for Ohio State's 1st TD? that guy is always around the ball, they said on tv that the Ohio St players voted him MVP...that's interesting when Terrelle Pryor is also on the team.

You have a very good eye. Scouts will be distracted by Posey(if he declares) who I believe will be a monumental pro flop. Sanzenbacher is a terrific WR. I'm thinking he can be had for a third round pick. Lacks elite speed but is football smart and savy. He runs good routes, knows how to find space in the zone and makes big catches. He has above average hands and will take the tough hit over the middle and still hang onto the ball. The kid has heart and he is on my wish list.

RuthlessBurgher
01-05-2011, 10:00 AM
:Agree if I remember correctly all our WR's are under 6 ft, except maybe Wallace. I think ben needs a WR who is 6' 3ish and can go up and get the ball :2c

Oooh...that hurts that you forgot about me. I'm just gonna lie down here for a while to recover from the pain of your diss.

http://nflsoup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/limas-sweed.jpg

:lol:

drprwnap
01-05-2011, 10:15 AM

It does no good to have all these targets for a franchise SB winning QB that is getting KILLED because of a poor OL that can't pass block. :HeadBanger It all starts up front. Give Ben more time and the receivers we have now will be more than good enough.

Oviedo
01-05-2011, 10:27 AM

1) O-Line
2) NT / DT / DE
3) CB / FS

I almost agree, I would prefer:

1) OL
2) CB
3) NT/DT/DE

I'd have to agree with your draft order.

CB is deep this year so a good CB should be available in Round 2. Don't forget we really need to look at a Safety in Round 4-6. Again, Troy missed games due to injury and that isn't going to stop happening. We are still thin back there even though it is not as bad as last season.

WR should not even be a consideration. We need a TE more than another WR.

ikestops85
01-05-2011, 12:17 PM

It does no good to have all these targets for a franchise SB winning QB that is getting KILLED because of a poor OL that can't pass block. :HeadBanger It all starts up front. Give Ben more time and the receivers we have now will be more than good enough.

+1

grotonsteel
01-05-2011, 12:29 PM

Oooh...that hurts that you forgot about me. I'm just gonna lie down here for a while to recover from the pain of your diss.

http://nflsoup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/limas-sweed.jpg

:lol:

:D

I still think Limas Sweed will come with a bang next season. Hope he has fixed his head in this season.

Imagine Sweed-Wallace-Manny-Brown as WR corp.

ikestops85
01-05-2011, 12:58 PM
I still think Limas Sweed will come with a bang next season. Hope he has fixed his head in this season.

I am not sure Sweed will recover from the achilles injury. Supposedly only 50% of athletes come back from it. I hope he does and I hope he lives up to our expectations because it would give us an amazing receiving corp.

:tt2 :tt2

drprwnap
01-05-2011, 01:09 PM

I am not sure Sweed will recover from the achilles injury. Supposedly only 50% of athletes come back from it. I hope he does and I hope he lives up to our expectations because it would give us an amazing receiving corp.

:tt2 :tt2

I've said it before and I'll say it again: LIMAS SWEED IS A BUST. Injured or not.

sentinel33
01-05-2011, 01:35 PM
i wouldnt mind a WR, but not at the expense of a T,G,D-lineman and D-back. these 4 positions need to be addressed before any others. and even after that is taken care of a K/P or TE is more of a priority than a WR. UNLESS we take care of one of those 4 positions mentioned above through FA. then we could take a TE or WR in the first 4 rounds. i'm kinda hoping they make a strong push for v. jackson or s. rice.

steelz09
01-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Who is our FS of the future?

Lewis?
Butler?

Will either of these players ever step up to be a starting CB or possibly move to FS?

More importantly, who is our NT of the future. Hampton is just about done. His played has dropped off in my opinion. And even if he doesn't retire, he signed to a short term contract. We need to think about his replacement and quickly! NT in a 3-4 isn't exactly an easy position converting from college to pros.

RuthlessBurgher
01-05-2011, 02:14 PM

Lewis?
Butler?

Will either of these players ever step up to be a starting CB or possibly move to FS?

More importantly, who is our NT of the future. Hampton is just about done. His played has dropped off in my opinion. And even if he doesn't retire, he signed to a short term contract. We need to think about his replacement and quickly! NT in a 3-4 isn't exactly an easy position converting from college to pros.

I think Ryan Mundy has been surprisingly impressive of late. He may have a future.

steelerkeylargo
01-05-2011, 02:15 PM

Lewis?
Butler?

I think McFadden would make a good FS. Tackles well, can catch. Dont know if he outlasts Clark though.

fordfixer
01-05-2011, 08:52 PM

Lewis?
Butler?

Sweed, he may as well play on the D, he can't catch

ScoreKeeper
01-05-2011, 09:05 PM

Lewis?
Butler?

Same thing was said about Plax. However, I think Sweeds ship has sailed. Wish he could get it together because he could be a real weapon.

fordfixer
01-05-2011, 09:46 PM

Lewis?
Butler?

Same thing was said about Plax. However, I think Sweeds ship has sailed. Wish he could get it together because he could be a real weapon.

:Agree I would love for him return next season and play lights out

flippy
01-06-2011, 09:26 AM
The best WR in college football right now is gonna be Terrelle Pryor.

Oviedo
01-06-2011, 10:17 AM

Lewis?
Butler?

I think Troy eventually moves to FS like Ron Woodson did later in his career.

Butler is a rookie playing for LeBeau so him not playing is almost an automatic. IMO Lewis could be the next Ricardo Coclough. We got rid of the wrong DB when we cut Joe Burnett and kept Lewis.