PDA

View Full Version : With the 30th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft…

Dee Dub
01-04-2011, 05:29 PM
*30 Pittsburgh Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin

http://www.gbnreport.com/2011projection.html

But if you ask me…if this guy is at 21 we should move up to get him. He’s another Darrele Revis.

*21 Seattle Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska

hawaiiansteel
01-04-2011, 05:33 PM

But if you ask me…if this guy is at 21 we should move up to get him. He’s another Darrele Revis.

I'm confused, are we trading up two spots from #32 to draft Carimi? :tt2

drprwnap
01-04-2011, 05:38 PM

I'm confused, are we trading up two spots from #32 to draft Carimi? :tt2

I was wondering the same thing. To be clear, it was the website that had us picking at 30, not Dee Dub. :)
I'd be good with either pick because the good Lord knows we need help in BOTH those positions.

birtikidis
01-04-2011, 05:49 PM
I wasn't impressed by Carimi. granted I only watched a handful of games, but was left wanting.

focosteeler
01-04-2011, 06:05 PM
I wasn't impressed by Carimi. granted I only watched a handful of games, but was left wanting.
:Agree

hawaiiansteel
01-04-2011, 06:18 PM

the two best OL I've watched in the bowl games so far were Mike Pouncey and Steve Wiesnieski, either one of these guys would look real good in Black & Gold.

Ozey74
01-04-2011, 06:24 PM
the two best OL I've watched in the bowl games so far were Mike Pouncey and Steve Wiesnieski, either one of these guys would look real good in Black & Gold.

I agree. Having the Pouncey twins on the OL for the next 10 years would be the sh!t.
I don't think that Pouncey will last to when we will be picking. He is too good & the success of his brother only helps his draft stock. Not alot of question marks with this guy.

steelerkeylargo
01-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Carimi will not make it out of the top 20. Amukamara has some flaws that were exposed against Oklahoma. They threw on him all day long. He cant jam anyone at the line and I question his speed. He will need to run well at the combine to stay in top 20 consideration.

feltdizz
01-04-2011, 07:03 PM

Let me guess... Wiesnieski plays for PSU?

Is that the only bowl game you watched? :lol:

hawaiiansteel
01-04-2011, 07:24 PM

Let me guess... Wiesnieski plays for PSU?

Is that the only bowl game you watched? :lol:

no, but it was the only bowl game I was sober enough to remember anything afterwards... :lol: :moon

however, I did watch that game and was focused in on them making one terrific block after another...they are good at the point of attack and in space.

steelerkeylargo
01-04-2011, 07:44 PM
An OT who could be a real steal in the third round or so is N.C. State left tackle Jake Vermiglio. Good size, nice footwork and strong punch. Don't think he allowed a sack all year. Could be a real sleeper.

Dee Dub
01-04-2011, 08:19 PM

Carimi will not make it out of the top 20. Amukamara has some flaws that were exposed against Oklahoma. They threw on him all day long. He cant jam anyone at the line and I question his speed. He will need to run well at the combine to stay in top 20 consideration.

You guys crack me up…you watch a bowl game or two and you judge a player based on it?? And then you praise an OT who you say will be a real steal in the 3rd round who has good size, nice footwork, and a strong punch. All positives on a later round pick yet too many flaws on the guys who rate as a first rounder?? Makes no sense.

Show me one corner that doesn’t have flaws. They all do.

jj28west
01-04-2011, 08:55 PM

You guys crack me up…you watch a bowl game or two and you judge a player based on it?? And then you praise an OT who you say will be a real steal in the 3rd round who has good size, nice footwork, and a strong punch. All positives on a later round pick yet too many flaws on the guys who rate as a first rounder?? Makes no sense.

Prime Time had zero flaws...well maybe one small one....tackling :D

Shawn
01-04-2011, 09:33 PM

Possibly but I seen him get burnt hard deep in their bowl game. Would have been an easy 7 if the QB would have hit him.

steelerkeylargo
01-04-2011, 10:23 PM

One Bowl game huh, there you go again. I watch football for a living Dee Dub. More than 50 hours of tape per week. I told you before that you shouldn't judge people you know nothing about. I don't live my life soley in the Pac-10 as it appears you do. The tape doesn't lie on Amukamara in the OU game, go back and watch it. I have discussed this at length with 3 former NFL scouts. I still think Amukamara has special skills and natural talent but he needs coaching. He will not be able to rely on pure athleticism in the NFL.

Shawn
01-04-2011, 11:10 PM
I have to agree. I don't watch 50 hours of tape a week but he didn't look good in that game for sure.

Shoe
01-05-2011, 12:01 AM
Is Wisniewski sure to come out?

steelerkeylargo
01-05-2011, 12:02 AM

He is a senior.

Dee Dub
01-05-2011, 12:38 AM

One Bowl game huh, there you go again. I watch football for a living Dee Dub. More than 50 hours of tape per week. I told you before that you shouldn't judge people you know nothing about. I don't live my life soley in the Pac-10 as it appears you do. The tape doesn't lie on Amukamara in the OU game, go back and watch it. I have discussed this at length with 3 former NFL scouts. I still think Amukamara has special skills and natural talent but he needs coaching. He will not be able to rely on pure athleticism in the NFL.

I dont care what you do for a living but if you watch all that tape and then turn around and base an evaluation on one game....well...then you either arent very good at it or maybe you are wasting a lot of your time.

Again...every corner that ever played the game has had some type of flaw. And they all have had a bad game or two.

Shawn
01-05-2011, 01:06 AM
I think he is saying he didn't base his evaluation on one game. The man is entitled to an opinion.

Dee Dub
01-05-2011, 01:21 AM
I think he is saying he didn't base his evaluation on one game. The man is entitled to an opinion.

Incorrect. He did base it on one game...

..and sure everyone is entitled to their opinion but if it is based on one game..well..that's kind of lame.

Shawn
01-05-2011, 01:27 AM

Incorrect. He did base it on one game...

..and sure everyone is entitled to their opinion but if it is based on one game..well..that's kind of lame.

You do realize anyone can say they watch a ton of games, scout players etc. But, most of us here are fans not scouts. If Largo did indeed speak with 3 NfL scouts about this kid...and they said he needs work then I am more apt to believe them than someone on any message board. So, if basing an opinion on a hand full of games makes someone lame then you might be in the wrong place. That would make almost everyone here lame. And in all honesty, I have seen some pretty good calls from these guys over the years. I suppose it's just lame luck.

steelerkeylargo
01-05-2011, 01:32 AM
[quote=birtikidis] I wasn't impressed by Carimi. granted I only watched a handful of games, but was left wanting.

I dont care what you do for a living but if you watch all that tape and then turn around and base an evaluation on one game....well...then you either arent very good at it or maybe you are wasting a lot of your time.

Again...every corner that ever played the game has had some type of flaw. And they all have had a bad game or two.[/quote:82q7nfc8]

It's an observation made in the biggest game of Nebraska's season, one that he was repeatedly thrown on all game long. Something other teams have not done to challenge him. He is not another Revis. I evaluate 12 to 15 games every week including all 35 bowl games. It is my job. I talk to former NFL scouts on a weekly basis. Amukamara is no Revis. Like I said I think he can still be a very solid corner. Not without coaching though. You sit back and accuse people of watching a bowl game or two! Ha, practice what you preach Dee Dub!

birtikidis
01-05-2011, 02:40 AM
I think Dub just goes on Youtube and looks at highlights. I'm serious.

jj28west
01-05-2011, 06:37 AM
I think Dub just goes on Youtube and looks at highlights. I'm serious.

Hey,

I did this with the 2009 draft and thought we picked up the second coming of Bettis with Summers after watching those highlights even though it wasnt exactly the SEC :) .

Anyways, I am guilty doing it a couple times this year with Dwyer who may be the steal of the draft but its TBD right now.

The Sodfather
01-05-2011, 07:34 AM
Isn't this the same ****ing idiot that wanted to trade our whole draft for Antrel Rolle or Mike Williams?

As for Wisnewski, he's a C in the NFL IMO.

steelblood
01-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Isn't this the same bad word idiot that wanted to trade our whole draft for Antrel Rolle or Mike Williams?

What was your screen name before the Sodfather?

Oviedo
01-05-2011, 09:08 AM

Amukamara is likely a top 10-12 pick. No chance to get him.

I'm sure between now and the draft we will hear the inevitable Carimi-Urbik comparisons

I think OT is the right choice and let the player play inside at Guard for a year.

The Sodfather
01-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Isn't this the same bad word idiot that wanted to trade our whole draft for Antrel Rolle or Mike Williams?

What was your screen name before the Sodfather?

Alter Ego

Oviedo
01-05-2011, 09:21 AM

He is a senior.

He is also viewed by some as needing to move back to Center to be effective in the NFL. Something about his height.

Dee Dub
01-05-2011, 01:36 PM

Amukamara is likely a top 10-12 pick. No chance to get him.

I'm sure between now and the draft we will hear the inevitable Carimi-Urbik comparisons

I think OT is the right choice and let the player play inside at Guard for a year.

Urbik was never considered as a legitimate first round pick. I dont think that is a fair comparison.

Dee Dub
01-05-2011, 01:39 PM

There was a time when I was like this….before I gave my life over to Christ. I have freedom now from having to call others names. Freedom from living a life filled with anger, bitterness, hatred. I will pray for you my brother.

Peace.

steelerkeylargo
01-05-2011, 01:47 PM
[quote="The Sodfather":35q2rw61]Isn't this the same bad word idiot that wanted to trade our whole draft for Antrel Rolle or Mike Williams?

There was a time when I was like this….before I gave my life over to Christ. I have freedom now from having to call others names. Freedom from living a life filled with anger, bitterness, hatred. I will pray for you my brother.

Peace.[/quote:35q2rw61]

You don't have to call someone names to insult them! Christ should have taught you that!

birtikidis
01-05-2011, 01:51 PM
[quote="The Sodfather":zccx6r2a]Isn't this the same bad word idiot that wanted to trade our whole draft for Antrel Rolle or Mike Williams?

Peace.[/quote:zccx6r2a]
Sounds like Mike Ditka needed to find Christ while he was with the Saints. Though, I doubt HE has much interest in football.

Dee Dub
01-05-2011, 01:53 PM
[quote="The Sodfather":1g4271e7]Isn't this the same bad word idiot that wanted to trade our whole draft for Antrel Rolle or Mike Williams?

Peace.

You don't have to call someone names to insult them! Christ should have taught you that![/quote:1g4271e7]

Amen.

steelerkeylargo
01-05-2011, 01:58 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":1sm5awof][quote="The Sodfather":1sm5awof]Isn't this the same bad word idiot that wanted to trade our whole draft for Antrel Rolle or Mike Williams?

Peace.

You don't have to call someone names to insult them! Christ should have taught you that![/quote:1sm5awof]

Amen.[/quote:1sm5awof]

Some people just don't get it!

The Sodfather
01-05-2011, 03:30 PM
[quote="The Sodfather":1axbf0af]Isn't this the same bad word idiot that wanted to trade our whole draft for Antrel Rolle or Mike Williams?

Peace.[/quote:1axbf0af]

Preach on reverend

TallyStiller
01-05-2011, 06:52 PM
[quote="The Sodfather":s1z388un]Isn't this the same bad word idiot that wanted to trade our whole draft for Antrel Rolle or Mike Williams?

Peace.
Sounds like Mike Ditka needed to find Christ while he was with the Saints. Though, I doubt HE has much interest in football.[/quote:s1z388un]

If HE counts the hairs on our heads, HE cares enough to care about the stuff that we care about!

TallyStiller
01-05-2011, 06:53 PM
With the 30th pick... the New England Patriots select Mark Ingram, RB Alabama!!!