PDA

View Full Version : Steelers & NFL Films

drprwnap
01-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Heard JH after the game saying the team doesn't talk around the NFL Flims crew. Below is what was in today's PG:

Films snub
Steelers players apparently became so upset with all the fines that were levied on them, with the idea that the NFL had "targeted" them, that they refused to fully cooperate with the crews from NFL Films when they entered their locker room immediately after games.

Linebacker James Harrison, who had his $125,000 on four fines scaled back to $100,000 by the NFL last week, said the fines helped team unity in a locker room that has always been tight.

"I won't say that's what led to this team doing what it had done, but my teammates were definitely behind me," Harrison said. "We definitely stuck together. The NFL Films would be in here after games. That's another reason why we don't talk around them; we keep everything in team."

They had nothing against the crews from NFL Films, Harrison said, but explained the players' reluctance to cooperate because "they're just part of the NFL."

"I don't want to say nothing I might get fined for," Harrison said. "Just how they come into the locker room after the game, it's hush-hush, 'We got visitors in here, keep your comments to yourself.' "

Harrison said he also has a long memory for those media members in Pittsburgh who sided against him because of the fines.

"Some of you all tried to hang me out to dry, too, when this stuff was going on. I know who you are. Don't think I forgot."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11004/11 ... z1A4thWn9i (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11004/1115391-66.stm#ixzz1A4thWn9i)

I do understand this line of thinking. It's too bad because NFL Films does a fantastic job, IMHO.

rpmpit
01-04-2011, 10:58 AM
Totally support what the team is doing on this. Unfortunately, we as fans, lose out.

F&%K'N Goodell!!!! :evil:

SteelerNation1
01-04-2011, 11:08 AM
"Some of you all tried to hang me out to dry, too, when this stuff was going on. I know who you are. Don't think I forgot."

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I have a feeling several Pittsburgh area reporters are going to turn up "missing" during the offseason...

drprwnap
01-04-2011, 11:25 AM

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I have a feeling several Pittsburgh area reporters are going to turn up "missing" during the offseason...

I wondered who the first one would be to comment on that quote. :Beer

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-04-2011, 01:32 PM

Who are the ones going down? Douchette? Who else? Is Florio from Pittsburgh? He deserves a spanking too!

Djfan
01-04-2011, 03:58 PM
The NFL got a bit too full of itself. Screw them. They sowed, now they reap.

You can't piss where you eat.

They did.

ScoreKeeper
01-04-2011, 04:08 PM

Starky would be a nice first choice.