PDA

View Full Version : Redundant Thoughts 2010 Week 17 @ Browns

redundantman
01-03-2011, 01:15 PM
1. AFC North Champs yet again. Isn’t it odd how that just keeps happening?

2. I mean, we whine and bitch and moan and to any outsider the Steelers would seem to be a perennial loser or at best a perennial .500 team …

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRD0jsl7sSky-jaa_bdF3QjG3YU1dLOHndt--UxnR7xsvTziCn5gg
I’m looking at you Gary Kubiak …

3. It might well be that Tomlin + Arians < LeBeau but which franchise would you rather be a fan of than the Steelers this fine morning?

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPkUeyf7vLnUXRf5psnyjdepDBhdpRt QNmk1ka4Q0o-6E1_1_BGw
Come for the great owner … stay for his daring personnel decisions!

4. I was griping about how boring the game was in week 13 against the Ravens but boy howdy this one got old fast didn’t it? It’s never a good sign when the play-by-play and color commentator are rambling about all sorts of topics and it’s not even halftime yet. If they would have had a Playstation in the both I am sure we would have been blessed with glorious silence from them from about 6:00 to go in the first half until the end of the game.

5. Which made the ending of this game all the more painful what with the penalties and the clock stoppages due to the Browns receivers’ inability to catch their stupid check-down routes.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREDpc3-AQ33_EFh4BWfj1PlkUczTps57BaOOreEsQkmDKnhhHgUQ
Hey Cleveland … miss me yet?

6. In all fairness things were looking pretty decent for the Browns until … what was it? … the second play of the game right? See. It wasn’t a total failure. They had hope for one play.

7. Colt McCoy: I have a great idea, let’s throw at Troy Polamalu. What could possibly go wrong?

8. Rob Ryan: I have a great idea, let’s let Wallace run through our secondary on a “go route” and focus on the run. There’s no WAY the Steelers will take a shot deep after we turn the ball over in our own territory.

9. Brian Daboll (Browns O Coordinator): I have a great idea. Let build our gameplan around Robert Royal. The thinking-man’s Heath Miller.

10. Eric Mangini: Boy, I really like cheese.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHjgsDQGEIpHq3vEebGe84OiKAstkRS KQ_1CDKkEp5nKx3wwvWZA
R.I.P. Eric

11. A bigger man than me wouldn’t kick the Browns when they’re down …. But I can’t help myself. This is just too easy.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTA4iveH-2rDkElvUuId8Ewo7suXUuQcltbSfObJ9EyAXwGWbh

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8-3no-ykCkeys5ivK0pbxwsDV7jwXSRelz7W6ShKobgSUZZB2

12. Seriously, the Steelers better not let this stuff go to their heads. They have now had back-to-back victories against the Panthers and the Browns: two franchises that are better described as a “loose confederation of ‘professional’ athletes” rather than a “team”. There was not much fight in either one of these teams. It was nice to give our hearts a rest but I anticipate a more spirited battle in the coming weeks.

13. This game was just screaming for a Yakety-Sax soundtrack. Miscues, dropped passes, mistakes, Cleveland in general …

14. And props to the Oline! Ben had time to throw. It was weird.

15. Oh, and somebody needs to come up with a clever moniker for the “Troy Polamalu over the line” move which he does so well. “Air Hair” or something like that would be appropriate. If we don’t come up with a clever nickname someone else will and we’ll be stuck with whatever they come up with so let’s put our heads together.

16. At 7:13 left in the third quarter the network tried to take us to a “more competitive game”. Sunday Ticket to the rescue.

17. I found it interesting that the top seeds were all blowing their opponents off the field in Week 17, except Chicago of course. One has to remember that they are crippled by Jay Cutler at QB.

18. By the fourth quarter the stadium stood abandoned and half-empty save for the celebrating Steeler fans. What a fitting end to the season.

19. I was a little disappointed in the Browns getting chippy at the end of the game. To all you Cleveland Browns: there is a time and a place for defiance. When you are getting steamrolled at home on the final day of the regular season it’s probably best to just take your beating like a man.

20. But I’m glad the Browns went for the two point conversion. I mean hey, why not?

21. Wild Card weekend. This one looks easy to call.
22. The Jets will beat an Indy team that is grateful to stumble into the playoffs.
23. Baltimore will beat the Chefs because Ray Lewis is the Tom Brady of defense.
24. The Saints will somehow find a way to beat the Seahawks.
25. Green Bay will easily beat the Eagles now that Mike Vick is back to being Mike Vick again.
26. This scenario sends the Ravens to Pittsburgh.

RuthlessBurgher
01-03-2011, 01:25 PM
15. Oh, and somebody needs to come up with a clever moniker for the “Troy Polamalu over the line” move which he does so well. “Air Hair” or something like that would be appropriate. If we don’t come up with a clever nickname someone else will and we’ll be stuck with whatever they come up with so let’s put our heads together.

Troy is Head and Shoulders above the offensive line.

http://store.post-gazette.com/mas_assets/image_cache/2/0/6/500x500_518_file.jpeg

http://www.steelersdepot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/flyingtroytitans.avi.gif

MeetJoeGreene
01-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Troy Vault

Samoan Soar

Head and Shoulders Hurdle

Jigawatts
01-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Troy Vault

Pol Vault :?:

MeetJoeGreene
01-03-2011, 02:59 PM
Troy Vault

Even Better! We can split the royalties.

Djfan
01-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Troy Vault

The Polamalu Plunge

The Sodfather
01-03-2011, 03:07 PM
9. Brian Daboll (Browns O Coordinator): I have a great idea. Let build our gameplan around Robert Royal. The thinking-man’s Heath Miller.

:lol: :lol:

Oviedo
01-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Another way to look at things

Tomlin > Arians + LeBeau

SteelerNation1
01-03-2011, 03:17 PM
I kinda like "air hair."

RuthlessBurgher
01-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Troy Vault

Pol Vault And Maul You

:tt2 :tt1

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Air Hair. To be "Redundant" about it!

OT - I wonder how many games into next season we start seeing others do that, from the NFL level down to the kiddie level. It won't work as well, of course, because they don't have those Power Polamolecules!!

Jigawatts
01-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Troy Vault

Pol Vault And Maul You

:tt2 :tt1

Nice :Clap

Lonbull
01-03-2011, 06:07 PM
1. AFC North Champs yet again. Isn’t it odd how that just keeps happening?

2. I mean, we whine and bitch and moan and to any outsider the Steelers would seem to be a perennial loser or at best a perennial .500 team …

I feel thankful to enjoy every Steeler football season that I get to watch - and when I first joined a message board I was surprised at how much venom could be written about my beloved team after a loss - I was even more surprised with how much anger could come from a victory....the only time there is peace is immediately following a Super Bowl win.....and that only lasts for a few days at best before someone starts writing about needing to get rid of "???"

That being written - I've come to except that whining and moaning = devotion to these fans.

12. Seriously, the Steelers better not let this stuff go to their heads. They have now had back-to-back victories against the Panthers and the Browns: two franchises that are better described as a “loose confederation of ‘professional’ athletes” rather than a “team”.

:Clap - that's just classic Redundant Thoughts right there!

Here's my contributions:

The Polamalu Pounce?

The Shadow Sack?

16. At 7:13 left in the third quarter the network tried to take us to a “more competitive game”. Sunday Ticket to the rescue.

The guy I usually watch Steelers games with said just two minutes before this happened that "at least they can't switch the game on us this time!"

*We thought we were watching on the Ticket already.....

19. I was a little disappointed in the Browns getting chippy at the end of the game. To all you Cleveland Browns: there is a time and a place for defiance. When you are getting steamrolled at home on the final day of the regular season it’s probably best to just take your beating like a man.

I was even more disappointed because -

1 - It felt like the Browns were just trying to get the Steelers more fines.

2 - I can understand picking a fight with Woodley, Poalamalu or Hines Ward - one of the more vetern players....but the fights seemed to be taking place with guys who just made the team in the past year or so - why are you really so angry with them?

22. The Jets will beat an Indy team that is grateful to stumble into the playoffs.
23. Baltimore will beat the Chefs because Ray Lewis is the Tom Brady of defense.
24. The Saints will somehow find a way to beat the Seahawks.
25. Green Bay will easily beat the Eagles now that Mike Vick is back to being Mike Vick again.
26. This scenario sends the Ravens to Pittsburgh.

I think the Chief and the Eagles have a strong chance - then again I think the NFL would love to have Vick return to Atlanta for an important game.

As always - well done Redundant Man :tt2