PDA

View Full Version : Giving Ziggy his due

Oviedo
01-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Played great yesterday.

He has a sack in each of the last three games. That is impressive for a 3-4 DE. His strength is obviously going after the QB.

ikestops85
01-03-2011, 12:54 PM
Ziggy had a helluva game yesterday. The guy is coming on like gangbusters lately.

GO ZIGGY!!

Sugar
01-03-2011, 12:58 PM
He seems to be peaking at the right time. It should give our playoff adversaries something more to think about.

feltdizz
01-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Nonsense... he sucks. Only A. Smith can get pressure. Ziggy is a bust. (sarcasm)

I like A. Smith but I think people are over looking Ziggy's development. He is a young guy too...

Oviedo
01-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Nonsense... he sucks. Only A. Smith can get pressure. Ziggy is a bust. (sarcasm)

I like A. Smith but I think people are over looking Ziggy's development. He is a young guy too...

I hope we don't play Aaron Smith just to play Aaron Smith versus keeping Ziggy in there since he is performing at a high level.

RuthlessBurgher
01-03-2011, 01:14 PM
With Aaron Smith hopefully being able to come back for the playoffs, we could hopefully use Smitty on primarily rushing downs and Ziggy on primarily passing downs to keep them both fresh throughout the Run to Jerry's Palace.

CanadianSteel
01-03-2011, 01:47 PM
I was one of the people down on Ziggy after his first 4 or 5 starts, glad he is coming on late :)

As long as he remembers he is a DE for the Steelers and not the Colts he will be fine. Maintain the gaps, then the sacks will come. Don't want to see him take himself out of plays trying to get sacks.

steelblood
01-03-2011, 01:57 PM
He showed great passion and enthusiasm. He held a double team a few times, he ran down a few plays to his opposite side. His spin move on the sack was beautiful.

RuthlessBurgher
01-03-2011, 02:37 PM
He showed great passion and enthusiasm. He held a double team a few times, he ran down a few plays to his opposite side. His spin move on the sack was beautiful.

He had to pay Mendenhall trademark rights for that move. :mrgreen: