PDA

View Full Version : Lefty

Djfan
01-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Glad to see him get some playtime yesterday. Only thing was he sucked.

Maybe he was just rusty. IKD, but based on what he showed yesterday ARE was the better QB.

MeetJoeGreene
01-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Lefty was definitely rusty.

BDESteel
01-03-2011, 12:34 PM
It was the only playing time he had all year. I'm a little worried about him being the guy If Ben goes down.

Crash
01-03-2011, 12:35 PM
He's terrible. Can't move, no touch on the football.

Batch should be #2.

Notleadpoisoned
01-03-2011, 12:36 PM
The 6'5 Gary Coleman sucked big-time.

Djfan
01-03-2011, 12:39 PM
He's terrible. Can't move, no touch on the football.

Batch should be #2.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe ARE should be #3.

Oviedo
01-03-2011, 12:40 PM
He was fine for what we needed him to do. He hasn't played in weeks so obviously he was out of sync. What would anyone expect?

SidSmythe
01-03-2011, 12:42 PM
:lol: :lol: :Beer :lol:

ikestops85
01-03-2011, 01:10 PM
While he was rusty yesterday he also came in when we were making mass substitutions. I think if he had to play a whole game he would have been okay.

feltdizz
01-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Lefty stinks IMO... sorry, used to like him but his stint in Tampa and his play in the preseason left a lot to be desired.

The Sodfather
01-03-2011, 01:38 PM

What you talkin' about Willis?

proudpittsburgher
01-03-2011, 07:12 PM
He was fine for what we needed him to do. He hasn't played in weeks so obviously he was out of sync. What would anyone expect?

Well, the role of a backup is to be ready when they get into the game to perform at an average to high level. He didn't, but Ike does have a point about mass substitutions. I really like Lefty as a long-term solution should Ben be gone for a long period of time, but I really feel Batch gives us the best shot, short term, if Ben goes down and we need someone to win a game for us right then.

NW Steeler
01-03-2011, 07:56 PM
We have our #2 QB - Dixon. Unless you are talking about someone coming in for Ben in the playoffs. And if that happens, our season is over anyway.

Djfan
01-03-2011, 08:05 PM
We have our #2 QB - Dixon. Unless you are talking about someone coming in for Ben in the playoffs. And if that happens, our season is over anyway.

He's on IR this year, and IIRC his contract is up this year. Don't see the reason in keeping him honestly. Ben is good for a few more years and Batch/Lefty/ARE can see us through in the meantime.

NW Steeler
01-03-2011, 08:13 PM

He's on IR this year, and IIRC his contract is up this year. Don't see the reason in keeping him honestly. Ben is good for a few more years and Batch/Lefty/ARE can see us through in the meantime.

I know he is on IR. That is why I made the comment about the remainder of this year. So you don't think Dixon is coming back? Lefty probably never comes back here if Ben wasn't suspended. I cringe at the thought of ARE as anything more than a gadget play QB, despite his college background. I think Dixon comes back.

ALLD
01-03-2011, 08:25 PM
He was unprepared to play the game that was called. They should have tried more short passes underneath and hand the ball off on second down. However, the coaches probably told him to be ready for the 4th quarter if we got a nice lead and he blew it.

Lonbull
01-03-2011, 09:07 PM
I didn't think that Leftwich looked all that great - however I looked at his game again - and consider that....

He went 5 for 7 - 71%

He was sacked 2 times - however it's difficult to blame him when he was working with back-ups. And one of the sacks came after Pouncey left the game.

He picked up 2 out 3 first downs by passing.

The lack of "moving the ball" fell more on the line and Dwyer who earned 3.1 yard per carry and was unable to pick a 3rd and 3.

I wouldn't put much stock in this mop-up duty though.

L.B.

Djfan
01-04-2011, 02:41 AM
[quote="NW Steeler":23neq6j3]We have our #2 QB - Dixon. Unless you are talking about someone coming in for Ben in the playoffs. And if that happens, our season is over anyway.

I know he is on IR. That is why I made the comment about the remainder of this year. So you don't think Dixon is coming back? Lefty probably never comes back here if Ben wasn't suspended. I cringe at the thought of ARE as anything more than a gadget play QB, despite his college background. I think Dixon comes back.[/quote:23neq6j3]

Yeah, didn't read it correctly. My bad.

sentinel33
01-04-2011, 03:29 AM
if we have to put someone else other than ben in at qb it should be Batch. he had by far the best performance of any of the backup qb's. he deserves it too. woulda started for Carolina until he got poked with a pillow. then its straight to ir. he's just a bit quicker in all respects than byron.