PDA

View Full Version : Wallace on the Hines' TD

Steeler Expat
01-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Check out the video towards the end from the endzone camera. You can see Wallace looking back at El pointing to the wide open Ward. I don't know if anyone else noticed that. I thought it was pretty funny.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-st ... yd-pass-TD (http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/09000d5d81d65f22/WR-Randle-El-to-WR-Ward-3-yd-pass-TD)

Eich
01-03-2011, 11:28 AM
I didn't notice that live but funny to see that in the video!

El throws a nice pass, though I don't know why they decided to do it when we were up on the Stains by a zillion points.

Steelers>NFL
01-03-2011, 11:29 AM
I did not notice Wallace on the replay yesterday during the game.
But I did see Big Ben pointing to Hines right away during the play.
Hines was so friggin wide open!

feltdizz
01-03-2011, 11:30 AM
I saw it when they ran the play... he was WIDE OPEN but El slipped so it took a minute to see him.

I think we ran this play to show other teams we have some gadgets in the holster... we used this a few weeks earlier if I'm not mistaken.

pick6
01-03-2011, 11:35 AM
Yeah I noticed that too. Pretty good to see him gaining confidence. That was great. Didn't notice Ben pionting I'll check it out later.

Eich
01-03-2011, 11:35 AM
I think we ran this play to show other teams we have some gadgets in the holster... we used this a few weeks earlier if I'm not mistaken.

I would think there'd be more benefit to keeping your gadgets hidden in the holster and using them to surprise someone rather than waving around your gadgets to make someone prepare for the possibility of it happening.

Either way, every team in the league knows we use El to throw a pass every now and again. It seemed odd to use it on the Stains when the game was already decided.

Djfan
01-03-2011, 11:49 AM

I would think there'd be more benefit to keeping your gadgets hidden in the holster and using them to surprise someone rather than waving around your gadgets to make someone prepare for the possibility of it happening.

Either way, every team in the league knows we use El to throw a pass every now and again. It seemed odd to use it on the Stains when the game was already decided.

Let's assume that they are smart enough to have a bunch more of them in the back pocket, and that this play was just to shoot a shot across the bow of other defenses ships.

feltdizz
01-03-2011, 11:51 AM

We already used this play and everyone knows El is our gadget guy...

I think this was used to remind DC's that we have a few more in the holster and I wouldn't be surprised to see El run a few fake end-arounds to freeze the D next game.

grotonsteel
01-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Maybe they wanted to rub it in for Walrus????

Djfan
01-03-2011, 12:22 PM

That's really funny!!

proudpittsburgher
01-03-2011, 12:25 PM
I saw Ben pointing, and I was laughing my ass off. Kind of like when the Browns tried the trick play and McCoy faked like it was a high snap, only it really was a high snap. Oh, the browns are good for a couple of belly laughs each time we play them.

MeetJoeGreene
01-03-2011, 12:33 PM

That's really funny!!

+1...

Flasteel
01-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Check out the video towards the end from the endzone camera. You can see Wallace looking back at El pointing to the wide open Ward. I don't know if anyone else noticed that. I thought it was pretty funny.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-st ... yd-pass-TD (http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/09000d5d81d65f22/WR-Randle-El-to-WR-Ward-3-yd-pass-TD)

I noticed it in the game and remarked to my buddy that most receivers would be waiving their hand to get the ball. Wallace actually pointed to the open guy. I wonder if TO ever pointed at anyone else...well, besides his quarterback. :D

ALLD
01-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Heads up play by Wallace even after ARE attempted to fair catch the snap. The Steelers without doubt ran that play on purpose to revisit SB XL for Fatboy and pay back the Sh*t Stains for last year's loss.

pittpete
01-04-2011, 09:43 AM
In the playoffs, El throws it back to Ben for the TD :wink:

Crash
01-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Ben has to be in shot gun to be eligible to catch a pass from another player. He's not eligible as a WR from under center.

Hines did Pee Wee Herman, then "marked" his territory in the Dawg Pound...LOL

Crash
01-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Ben has to be in shot gun to be eligible to catch a pass from another player. He's not eligible as a WR from under center.

Hines did Pee Wee Herman, then "marked" his territory in the Dawg Pound...LOL

Eich
01-04-2011, 12:28 PM

WINNER !!! That's the reason I'll subscribe to!!!

:brownssuck