PDA

View Full Version : Timmons whiffs

PSU_dropout43
01-03-2011, 02:39 AM
misses tackle for a sure sack.
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/15/fullj.aacc7ad32481f9b86482aee1e602e89f/aacc7ad32481f9b86482aee1e602e89f-getty-98501690ms017_pittsburgh_st.jpg

jj28west
01-03-2011, 06:44 AM
There was also at least one occurance where he was pulled to the ground and no holding penalty was called.

I was also shocked to see Mccoy outrun Woodley by the goal line as he was throwing. I wonder of Woodley's knee is still sore.

proudpittsburgher
01-03-2011, 07:05 AM
There were three missed tackles during that drive, two on the quarterback. Really, without picking nits, the only bad taste left in mu mouth after yesterday's game.

CanadianSteel
01-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Had a great year, big step for him this year.

Can anyone find the thread were we predicted the number of sacks he would have? Would be nice to see who guessed what

Oviedo
01-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Had a great year, big step for him this year.

Can anyone find the thread were we predicted the number of sacks he would have? Would be nice to see who guessed what

I predicted double digits for Timmons, Woodley and Harrison. Only Harrison made that mark.

MeetJoeGreene
01-03-2011, 09:21 AM
My very first thought on that whiff was: "I wonder if he held up a bit to avoid a flag".

SidSmythe
01-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Sometimes I think Timmons is just so fast that he plays out of control sometimes. if he doesn't take a perfect angle, he can't finish the play.

feltdizz
01-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Sometimes I think Timmons is just so fast that he plays out of control sometimes. if he doesn't take a perfect angle, he can't finish the play.

Most good/decent QB's with pocket presence know how to make a guy like Timmons miss on a speed rush.

Timmons main goal is to get pressure and beat his man... sometimes the QB will step up and avoid him.

fezziwig
01-03-2011, 10:13 AM
Did I hear correctly that we lead the NFL in sacks ? Does anyone know how many and what team was the runner up ?
I wonder if there is a stat for teams with the most sacks and their playoff/Super Bowl appearances ?

CanadianSteel
01-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers 48.0
Green Bay Packers 47.0
Oakland Raiders 47.0
San Diego Chargers 47.0

steelsnis
01-03-2011, 03:29 PM

Jeez, nitpick much? The guy led a record-setting defense with 135 tackles this season. Must have taken a few good angles somewhere along the way, huh?

feltdizz
01-03-2011, 03:52 PM

Jeez, nitpick much? The guy led a record-setting defense with 135 tackles this season. Must have taken a few good angles somewhere along the way, huh?

he has to be perfect. :roll:

fezziwig
01-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers 48.0
Green Bay Packers 47.0
Oakland Raiders 47.0
San Diego Chargers 47.0

Thanks. Just think how much better our stats would be if Harrison wasn't held so much or we were actually allowed to make contact to the quarterbacks.

grotonsteel
01-03-2011, 06:49 PM

+1

He was playing with an injured hip for few games. Timmons should have been in PB instead of overrated Ray Lewis.

One good thing out of it is maybe Steelers can sign him a bit cheaper since he is not a pro bowler, unfortunately his agent is Drew Rosenhaus

feltdizz
01-03-2011, 07:11 PM

+1

He was playing with an injured hip for few games. Timmons should have been in PB instead of overrated Ray Lewis.

One good thing out of it is maybe Steelers can sign him a bit cheaper since he is not a pro bowler, unfortunately his agent is Drew Rosenhaus

Not likely... I think the Steelers know the true value Timmons brings to the D... a pro bowl snub will probably add more value to his contract.