PDA

View Full Version : Glad I'm not the Giants ...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-03-2011, 12:32 AM
10-6 record, looking at the playoffs from the outside, and watching the Seahawks in at 7-9.

Travesty!

Crash
01-03-2011, 12:44 AM
What rule will be changed next to aid the Manning Family?

hawaiiansteel
01-03-2011, 12:45 AM
I believe this is the first time in the history of the NFL that a team with a losing record has made the playoffs.

Starlifter
01-03-2011, 02:02 AM
I agree a 7-9 team in the playoffs isn't desirable - but I hope the NFL doesn't do a knee jerk reaction. I think winning the division should be a goal. I like the seedings based on winning the division. Playing 3 common opponents 6 times a year brings rivalry and a level of familiarity. How cool was it when we beat the rats 3 times in one year on our way to SB 43? The NFC west sucks right now, that's good news for the 2 wild card teams. I like the current scheme, i like that winning a division gets you a home playoff game. I like the best division winners get a week off. I LOVE the fact the rats loss to cincy cost them a bye week and zero home playoff games.

this is a strange year but let's wait for it to become a trend before considering options. right now, no change necessary in my opinion.

papillon
01-03-2011, 07:54 AM
I agree a 7-9 team in the playoffs isn't desirable - but I hope the NFL doesn't do a knee jerk reaction. I think winning the division should be a goal. I like the seedings based on winning the division. Playing 3 common opponents 6 times a year brings rivalry and a level of familiarity. How cool was it when we beat the rats 3 times in one year on our way to SB 43? The NFC west sucks right now, that's good news for the 2 wild card teams. I like the current scheme, i like that winning a division gets you a home playoff game. I like the best division winners get a week off. I LOVE the fact the rats loss to cincy cost them a bye week and zero home playoff games.

this is a strange year but let's wait for it to become a trend before considering options. right now, no change necessary in my opinion.

I agree 100%, the NFL shouldn't change anything because of one anomaly. This is the first time there has been a three game disparity between a team sitting at home and one that made the playoffs, usually, it's a 10-6 at home while a 9-7 team plays.

Pappy

The Sodfather
01-03-2011, 08:32 AM
If they wouldn't have blown a 21 point lead or actually showed up in GB last week they would be in the playoffs.

F'em

SidSmythe
01-03-2011, 09:03 AM
No way changing this rule would be a "knee jerk reaction" ....we've seen it coming for a long time and I was whining for a change years ago.

Win the division w/ at least a 9-7 record if you want to be guaranteed a playoff spot.
Go 8-8 and lose your spot if there's a 10-6 out there.
Go 7-9 and you're out!

feltdizz
01-03-2011, 09:28 AM
No way changing this rule would be a "knee jerk reaction" ....we've seen it coming for a long time and I was whining for a change years ago.

Win the division w/ at least a 9-7 record if you want to be guaranteed a playoff spot.
Go 8-8 and lose your spot if there's a 10-6 out there.
Go 7-9 and you're out!

you should never be "out" if you win your division. I don't think you should host a playoff game though.. that is unreal.

proudpittsburgher
01-03-2011, 09:36 AM
10-6 record, looking at the playoffs from the outside, and watching the Seahawks in at 7-9.

Travesty!

Not at all. They controlled their own destiny, and blew a 21-pt fourth quarter lead. They have no one to blame but themselves.

chiken
01-03-2011, 09:51 AM
They also lost to the Stinking Cowgirls.. They also had a qb lead the league in interceptions...

The Giants stunk this year.. they deserve nothing.

And I agree with everyone else.. Winning your division should mean something. At the least guarentee you at least a play off Berth. And you know what, you should also get a home game as well.
The 2 wildcard teams in each division had every opportunity to change their own destiny.
The Ravens lost to us (at their place) The Jets were tied with the Pat's and got destroyed. The Saints should have swept the Falcons.
The only team I really feel bad for is the PAck who were ravaged by injury.

They should change nothing.

MeetJoeGreene
01-03-2011, 09:57 AM

I agree 100%, the NFL shouldn't change anything because of one anomaly. This is the first time there has been a three game disparity between a team sitting at home and one that made the playoffs, usually, it's a 10-6 at home while a 9-7 team plays.

Pappy

+1 :Agree

RuthlessBurgher
01-03-2011, 11:10 AM
I don't feel bad for the Giants. With their ridiculous numbers of turnovers, they underachieved, which is why they are 10-6 and on the outside looking in.

I feel worse for the Bucs. Youngest team in the league, fought tooth and nail to improve themselves to 10-6, and are on the outside looking in, even though they overachieved.

Djfan
01-03-2011, 11:54 AM
Knee jerk reactions are a Goodell specialty.

That being said, a change in this system is dumb. It is particularly lame in light of the referee debacle going on right now.

Although yesterday's game was well officiated IMO, except for the non TD call for the Stains. To their credit they did overturn it on the field.

Crash
01-03-2011, 12:00 PM
What does the media say? Are they saying Eli should be in the playoffs?

Expect a Goodell ruling based on their opinions.

RKSteel
01-03-2011, 12:22 PM

Travesty!
The Giants were exposed as the pretenders they were. Only beat the weak teams, could of won the NFCE, lost to Eagles. Gober Manning steps up in a players only meeting only to go and throw 4 pics against Packers in a game they needed to win to make the playoffs.

Living here in NY, everything was Jets/Giants SB back in Oct. I'm glad they are out.

proudpittsburgher
01-03-2011, 12:24 PM

I still shake my head every time I think of the contract that Eli signed. He's no better, maybe worse than the third-best quarterback of that class.

ikestops85
01-03-2011, 12:28 PM

:Clap :Clap

Well stated

Sugar
01-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Nothing for or against the Giants per se, but I just think that a losing team shouldn't be in the playoffs.

That said, I've advocated for a re-alignment of the whole thing anyway. I'd like to see a lot more regional rivalries as opposed to this cross country stuff. Of course, this would make more sense if the Vikes really do move to LA.

feltdizz
01-03-2011, 01:20 PM

I still shake my head every time I think of the contract that Eli signed. He's no better, maybe worse than the third-best quarterback of that class.

being 3rd best or 4th best out of that draft class is still good.

I'm not sure why so many people hate Eli... I know he is a Manning but if he had a different last name I think people would actually think he was a pretty decent QB.

He was able to get out of San Diego... it's not the first time someone has done that and he got them a ring faster than Elway in Denver...

I think he was lived up to the contract given the ring. IMO I think the hate isn't justified. It's all due to his name...

He isn't that bad. This year he was bad but his career has been decent IMO.

Crash
01-03-2011, 01:21 PM
He's led the NFL in picks twice in 4 years.

feltdizz
01-03-2011, 01:28 PM

so...

I'm not saying Eli is elite but the hate isn't justified.

I lived in NYC for a year and his WR's were awful. Half of his INT's bounced off WR's hands and Plex was a head case who didn't work for anything that wasn't in reach.

besides Plex who did/does Eli have to throw to? It wasn't like he is working with great WR's... maybe his contract is to blame for the lack of WR talent.

RuthlessBurgher
01-03-2011, 01:32 PM

so...

I lived in NYC for a year and his WR's were awful. Half of his INT's bounced off WR's hands and Plex was a head case who didn't work for anything that wasn't in reach.

besides Plex who did/does Eli have to throw to? It wasn't like he is working with great WR's... maybe his contract is to blame for the lack of WR talent.

Hey! Watch what you say about Plex! He's going to come back to Pittsburgh and be better than Ward, Sanders, and Brown all put together.

P.S. I'm not being serious.

Crash
01-03-2011, 01:36 PM

When he and his family strong armed the Chargers? I'd say the hate is more than justified.

Pay your dues, work for free agency, then pick your team.

ikestops85
01-03-2011, 01:45 PM

so...

Really ... lack of WR talent? :shock:

Steve Smith only played in 9 games with 48 catches for 529 yards and 3 TDs
Mario Manningham only played in 14 games with 60 catches for 944 yards and 9 TDs
Hakeem Hicks only played in 13 games with 79 catches for 1052 yards and 11 TDs

That's a pretty damn good receiving corp although they were plagued by injuries this year. Add into it the O-line and running game Eli has and I think you will find he is just a mundane QB who gets a lot of press because of the Manning name.

I don't think people hate Manning but we get annoyed because he gets elevated to the level of Ben by the press and he isn't even close IMO.

Crash
01-03-2011, 01:50 PM
PS....Eli lost Plax and hasn't made the playoffs since.

Ben lost Plax and won a Super Bowl.

feltdizz
01-03-2011, 01:59 PM

so...

Mario Manningham only played in 14 games with 60 catches for 944 yards and 9 TDs

That's a pretty damn good receiving corp although they were plagued by injuries this year. Add into it the O-line and running game Eli has and I think you will find he is just a mundane QB who gets a lot of press because of the Manning name.

I don't think people hate Manning but we get annoyed because he gets elevated to the level of Ben by the press and he isn't even close IMO.

I didn't say the WR's didn't have stats... I said talent. I don't think any of these WR's are true #1's. Nick's is good but still young...

Manningham is in his 2nd or 3rd year and is a #2 at best.

The guy who caught the 4th down miracle in the SB isn't even playing football anymore.

I don't think anyone "elevates" Eli.. I think they compare Ben and Eli because they are close in age and both have a SB ring.

They also compare Rivers and Cutler.. but it's football and QB's are always compared to each other.

feltdizz
01-03-2011, 02:00 PM
PS....Eli lost Plax and hasn't made the playoffs since.

Ben lost Plax and won a Super Bowl.

so... the Giants also beat us in 2008 and Eli had a decent game. Not sure why it's so important to compare Eli and Ben. Different teams and different style of play.

proudpittsburgher
01-03-2011, 04:07 PM

so...

I didn't say the WR's didn't have stats... I said talent. I don't think any of these WR's are true #1's. Nick's is good but still young...

Manningham is in his 2nd or 3rd year and is a #2 at best.

The guy who caught the 4th down miracle in the SB isn't even playing football anymore.

I don't think anyone "elevates" Eli.. I think they compare Ben and Eli because they are close in age and both have a SB ring.

They also compare Rivers and Cutler.. but it's football and QB's are always compared to each other.

I guess I started this argument . . . I agree he isn't horrible, but his contract was just idiotic. I don't care if he is throwing to Rice and Stallworth, Eli Manning is no where near worth the money that he gets. Now the hatred people have for Tebow, now that is unjustified. :stirpot

Djfan
01-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Now the hatred people have for Tebow, now that is unjustified. :stirpot

Agreed. Living in Donko's land you watch the fan base waffle between wanting to like him and believing that he is over rated. I don't get it. He has a lot of game and gives a lot of reason to think that he will be a contender. I just think these poor fans have been given a crap product for so long that they don't know if they buy into whomever shows up.

The stupid thing about it is Elway's front office job that starts today. What they think he's going to do I'll never know.

proudpittsburgher
01-03-2011, 05:40 PM

Agreed. Living in Donko's land you watch the fan base waffle between wanting to like him and believing that he is over rated. I don't get it. He has a lot of game and gives a lot of reason to think that he will be a contender. I just think these poor fans have been given a crap product for so long that they don't know if they buy into whomever shows up.

The stupid thing about it is Elway's front office job that starts today. What they think he's going to do I'll never know.

I listened to Cowherd ranting about Tebow in the car today on the way home from work. Cowherd, while he is entertaining at times, can be a real blowhard at times. I loved today's rant. Tebow has started., what, three games in the NFL? And yesterday, he accounted for 300 yards of total offense, along with three TDs and two picks against San Diego in a loss. Cowherd ragged on him for being inaccurate. Says, any time he can, that Tebow will never be a good NFL quarterback. I honestly don't know if he will, but the kid does bring somethign to the table. Yet Cowherd refuses to acknowlege this, yet he will continue to tell us that Mark Sanchez, he of a 56 percent completion rate in the NFL , just has the "it" quality.
Tebow brings no praise to himself, he just goes out there, is a seemingly good guy who stands behidn his faith, doesn;t have a reality show, works hard and makes things happen, both good and bad when he enters the field. And yet, people love to trash the guy. Yet, we let the Chad Johnson's of the world get away with the crap that they do. i just don't get it.

birtikidis
01-03-2011, 06:03 PM
I don't feel bad for the Giants. With their ridiculous numbers of turnovers, they underachieved, which is why they are 10-6 and on the outside looking in.

I feel worse for the Bucs. Youngest team in the league, fought tooth and nail to improve themselves to 10-6, and are on the outside looking in, even though they overachieved.
I don't feel bad for either of them. I feel too good about being 12-4 with the #2 seed. though I am bummed that there isn't any football for me next weekend :(

feltdizz
01-03-2011, 06:45 PM

I listened to Cowherd ranting about Tebow in the car today on the way home from work. Cowherd, while he is entertaining at times, can be a real blowhard at times. I loved today's rant. Tebow has started., what, three games in the NFL? And yesterday, he accounted for 300 yards of total offense, along with three TDs and two picks against San Diego in a loss. Cowherd ragged on him for being inaccurate. Says, any time he can, that Tebow will never be a good NFL quarterback. I honestly don't know if he will, but the kid does bring somethign to the table. Yet Cowherd refuses to acknowlege this, yet he will continue to tell us that Mark Sanchez, he of a 56 percent completion rate in the NFL , just has the "it" quality.
Tebow brings no praise to himself, he just goes out there, is a seemingly good guy who stands behidn his faith, doesn;t have a reality show, works hard and makes things happen, both good and bad when he enters the field. And yet, people love to trash the guy. Yet, we let the Chad Johnson's of the world get away with the crap that they do. i just don't get it.

I'm not a Tebow fan and the only reason why is because CBS and every Tebow fan I make contact with tells me over and over about how great this kid is and how much heart, faith blood and desire he has... I'm not smart enough to judge his game on the field as a football fan, I had to be told over and over again about how he rose from the dead to lead Florida to the promise land every freaking day while he was in college.

Not to be rude but I give 2 sh!ts about his heart, faith and desire... just let him play the game and I'll judge him on that. When Tebow was in a commercial during the SB before playing one down in the NFL it solidified the hate for him. People can't stand Tebow because he had the ESPN machine behind him telling us to love him.

I'll never like Tebow.. not the guy but the name. People heard it so much they cringe when they here it.

proudpittsburgher
01-03-2011, 07:09 PM
People can't stand Tebow because he had the ESPN machine behind him telling us to love him.

And that is the part I don't get. People should be mad at the ESPN machine, not Tim Tebow. Look, I don't know a whole lot about the guy, but he seems to get a lot more hate than Vince young did when the ESPN machine was behind him. Reggie Bush, for all intents and purposes, has been a colassal bust for what he was supposed to be in the NFL, yet he skirts most scorn. There just seems to be a special brand of hate toward Tim Tebow, and the guy has done nothing to deserve it. Even when he humiliated himself with the Fryer Tuck haircut as a rookie prank, people turned it around on him saying he was clammering for attention. The guy says he was going to work hard and do whetever the coaches told him to do to be a better quarterback in the NFL, and people hated on him for that. He's one of the more humble athletes in the NFL today, someone you would expect people would like, yet most hate him. Honestly, put a blank in place of the players name and put 300 yards of total offense three TDs and two picks in his third NFL start, and his face would be on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Put Tim Tebow's name next to those stats, and people roll their eyes.

NorthCoast
01-03-2011, 09:02 PM
They also lost to the Stinking Cowgirls.. They also had a qb lead the league in interceptions...

The Giants stunk this year.. they deserve nothing.

And I agree with everyone else.. Winning your division should mean something. At the least guarentee you at least a play off Berth. And you know what, you should also get a home game as well.
The 2 wildcard teams in each division had every opportunity to change their own destiny.
The Ravens lost to us (at their place) The Jets were tied with the Pat's and got destroyed. The Saints should have swept the Falcons.
The only team I really feel bad for is the PAck who were ravaged by injury.

They should change nothing.

Well winning the division certainly meant something for the Browns, Mangini and Holmgren (or more correctly not winning the division). It was the main factor in firing Mangini and apparently will become Holmgren's No. 1 priority....win divisional games. Good luck doing it with a west coast offense in snowy December in Cleveland Mike.

feltdizz
01-03-2011, 10:26 PM
People can't stand Tebow because he had the ESPN machine behind him telling us to love him.

And that is the part I don't get. People should be mad at the ESPN machine, not Tim Tebow. Look, I don't know a whole lot about the guy, but he seems to get a lot more hate than Vince young did when the ESPN machine was behind him. Reggie Bush, for all intents and purposes, has been a colassal bust for what he was supposed to be in the NFL, yet he skirts most scorn. There just seems to be a special brand of hate toward Tim Tebow, and the guy has done nothing to deserve it. Even when he humiliated himself with the Fryer Tuck haircut as a rookie prank, people turned it around on him saying he was clammering for attention. The guy says he was going to work hard and do whetever the coaches told him to do to be a better quarterback in the NFL, and people hated on him for that. He's one of the more humble athletes in the NFL today, someone you would expect people would like, yet most hate him. Honestly, put a blank in place of the players name and put 300 yards of total offense three TDs and two picks in his third NFL start, and his face would be on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Put Tim Tebow's name next to those stats, and people roll their eyes.

Vince Young gets just as much hate... Reggie Bush didn't get as much hate but he had a ton of highlights to back up his hype.

Most of Tim Tebows highlights were running over LB's on a QB keep or doing that awful looking jump pass.

My question to you is why is it so important fro Tebow to get love from all the fans? He had the highest selling jersey and is pretty popular but Tebow fans want EVERYONE to like him. Why is that? IT will never happen with any athlete... some will always hate.

The reason I think Tebow isn't getting more love then you want is because hthe hype for him was unreal. He has to take a team to the playoffs to get respect given his media hype.

birtikidis
01-04-2011, 12:21 AM
Felt, I love Timmy and the reason I'm always talking him up is because he's just a damn good person. With the abundance of DUI's, Domestic Violence and other types of ridiculous behavior from NFL stars it's refreshing to see a guy who would rather donate his time in a 3rd world country during spring break then end up on the internet in some kind of controversy.
but, I also got a chance to know him a little bit and I would say he's as genuine as they come.

brothervad
01-04-2011, 12:58 AM
So who is the better team in this scenario

A division winner at 9-7 who played 8 of their games against the two weakest divisions AFC West, NFC West (8 games)

Or a division winner at 8-8 who played their games against two tougher conferences (AFC East, NFC East)

It didn't happen this year but could happen.

That is why this is so subjective...they aren't talking about quality wins here...they are talking about overall record.

Let's just say not all 8-8 teams are created equal.

brothervad

chiken
01-04-2011, 09:32 AM
PLease dont turn the NFL into the College football where people sit around and vote who who playes where. Its simple, WIN YOUR DIVISION, if not then win as many games as you Can..

Win your Divsion - get into "Post-Season" representing your Division.
rub the Post season - divisional Champ thing in your divisions Face (get them fired up for next year lol)

IF dont win the division then its up to fate. Win as many as you can and hope the tie-breakers work in your favor.

How many more WildCard teams do we need to see win it all before we stop this madness.
Seatle can catch fire for all we know. They could have had injuries and finally be getting the pieces back.. We dont know so why are we discrediting them.

when you dont win your division you dont deserve any benefits, any breaks, any leniency. You get what you derserve.. you earn your keep. This is the NFL, Stop making excuses for losers.

feltdizz
01-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Felt, I love Timmy and the reason I'm always talking him up is because he's just a damn good person. With the abundance of DUI's, Domestic Violence and other types of ridiculous behavior from NFL stars it's refreshing to see a guy who would rather donate his time in a 3rd world country during spring break then end up on the internet in some kind of controversy.
but, I also got a chance to know him a little bit and I would say he's as genuine as they come.

but here is my beef... the number of players doing bad things in the NFL is very small they just get the bulk of the press.

It's great that he helps 3rd world countries but he isn't the first to do it. Any time someone knocks his game or says they aren't a fan of him someone brings up his 3rd world help to try to make a person feel guilty.

Not to be rude but I know a great guy who is always on Oprah talking about healing the world and donating scholarships... but he is also a thief and a liar.

Maybe I'm a hater... but I don't need to hear about all the good a guy is doing to determine if I like his game or not.

birtikidis
01-04-2011, 01:52 PM

but here is my beef... the number of players doing bad things in the NFL is very small they just get the bulk of the press.

It's great that he helps 3rd world countries but he isn't the first to do it. Any time someone knocks his game or says they aren't a fan of him someone brings up his 3rd world help to try to make a person feel guilty.

Not to be rude but I know a great guy who is always on Oprah talking about healing the world and donating scholarships... but he is also a thief and a liar.

Maybe I'm a hater... but I don't need to hear about all the good a guy is doing to determine if I like his game or not.
Yea NFL guys do it all the time. Mainly for a tax break. Tim did it while in college when he had nothing at all to gain from it. it's impressive to me.

ikestops85
01-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Tebow has fallen into the same trap that happens to many successful athletes. He went to a high profile football factory college and was wildly successful. People who weren't fans of UF naturally resent players who enjoy that type of success and the resulting publicity.

Now, add the fact that Tebow is portrayed as a "goody two shoes" who wears his religious beliefs on his sleeve and the haters are magnified. He is just the type of guy who you either love or hate. People will always denigrate what he has accomplished in college saying he had such talent surrounding him and blah, blah, blah. Well every QB that has played at UF since the Spurrier days has had that talent around them and they didn't accomplish what he did.

We always give Ben acclaim because he does what he has to do to win. He doesn't always have the spectacular stats or throw the prettiest ball. He just seems to be on the side that wins the vast majority of the time. Many of us call it the "IT" factor. Many here don't recognize that trait in others though.

Tebow might also exhibit the "IT" factor as a pro. He certainly isn't the most gifted QB athletically. He just seems to be the type of guy who does anything he can to win. I have hated UF since Steve "The Whiner" Spurrier was the coach. For that reason I don't like Tebow but I have to respect what he has done and realize he might be able to do it in the NFL also.

RuthlessBurgher
01-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Tebow would be nothing without the Pounceys. :lol:

ikestops85
01-04-2011, 02:52 PM
Tebow would be nothing without the Pounceys. :lol:

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10059/super.jpg

feltdizz
01-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Tebow has fallen into the same trap that happens to many successful athletes. He went to a high profile football factory college and was wildly successful. People who weren't fans of UF naturally resent players who enjoy that type of success and the resulting publicity.

Now, add the fact that Tebow is portrayed as a "goody two shoes" who wears his religious beliefs on his sleeve and the haters are magnified. He is just the type of guy who you either love or hate. People will always denigrate what he has accomplished in college saying he had such talent surrounding him and blah, blah, blah. Well every QB that has played at UF since the Spurrier days has had that talent around them and they didn't accomplish what he did.

We always give Ben acclaim because he does what he has to do to win. He doesn't always have the spectacular stats or throw the prettiest ball. He just seems to be on the side that wins the vast majority of the time. Many of us call it the "IT" factor. Many here don't recognize that trait in others though.

Tebow might also exhibit the "IT" factor as a pro. He certainly isn't the most gifted QB athletically. He just seems to be the type of guy who does anything he can to win. I have hated UF since Steve "The Whiner" Spurrier was the coach. For that reason I don't like Tebow but I have to respect what he has done and realize he might be able to do it in the NFL also.

What "IT" factor did Tebow have without Percy Harvin? His last year wasn't anything special and he wasn't impressive given the hype the year before.

Ben has the "IT" factor in the NFL... plenty of UF QB's had IT factors in college. Tebow has to win some NFL games and make the playoffs to get the IT factor.

He was the QB for 1 National Championship and most of his passes where shovel passes to Harvin or to wide open WR's...
he had 2 picks in the BCS title game and one was to a defensive lineman.

Tebow had amazing TD stats because all they ran was the QB sneak inside the 10 yard line. I think they said Florida hasn't had a 1,000 yard rusher since Meyer took over. It was all Tebow all the time. Look at the Florida team who won the title and I bet you at least 112 to 15 guys on both sides of the ball are getting major playing time on Sunday.

It's like Tyler Hansbrough at UNC. The kid was decent but al they kept saying was how "hard" he works and how much heart he had... but the reality was the UNC team he was on that won the title was STACKED with pro talent.

I'm not a Cam Newton fan but I was amazed at how many records he broke that were said to be untouchable because Tebow was so good. The reality is Tebow was a pretty good football player with AMAZING hype.

I'm feeling the same way about the Andrew Luck kid... every year there is a QB who is like no other... but the reality is every year they will sell us on a few kids and talk about how they are truly special.

birtikidis
01-05-2011, 02:45 AM
Felt you can think what you want. I'm not trying to make you a believer lol. but to say what did he do without Percy is crazy. Harvin missed a handful of games and we really never missed a beat due to migraines and a bum ankle. Percy's junior year he was surrounded by questions about his durability and attitude. and we did fine without him the next season. I mean, we were undefeated until the SEC championship game without Harvin, Murphy and a ton of other guys (during Tims senior season he had none of those guys). We only lost to a very good Alabama team that went on to win the National Championship. and your statement about not having a thousand yard rusher, I would have to say was because we had 3 pretty darn good backs (James, Rainey, Demps) and harvin during Tims junior year. and we had 3 pretty darn good backs his senior year (demps, Rainey and moody). Why didn't they have a ton of yards? mainly because they had a hard time holding on to the ball (especially Moody).

Crash
01-05-2011, 03:13 AM
Tebow will be crap in the NFL. Tommie Frazier was better and didn't do anything outside of Lincoln.

JTP53609
01-05-2011, 10:26 AM
I feel more bad for the bucs than the giants, the bucs played in a very difficult division and finished 10-6 just like the giants.....and the bucs are on the outside looking in also....
but I think we played the bucs this year (38-13) and freeman said he was "not too impressed" with us...so elf them too.... :tt1

ikestops85
01-05-2011, 12:16 PM
I feel more bad for the bucs than the giants, the bucs played in a very difficult division and finished 10-6 just like the giants.....and the bucs are on the outside looking in also....
but I think we played the bucs this year (38-13) and freeman said he was "not too impressed" with us...so elf them too.... :tt1

Consider them "elfed" :D

http://www.catholicsupply.com/christmas/521250.jpg

birtikidis
01-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Tebow will be crap in the NFL. Tommie Frazier was better and didn't do anything outside of Lincoln.
crash, i'm not really sure about your player evaluation skills. I mean you've been begging for TO and antonio bryant for so long.. it just has to make a guy wonder.

feltdizz
01-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Tim Tebow, hour long Year of the QB on ESPN. I'm watching it to see how he carries himself but um...

This is why I think people hate Tim Tebow... :lol:

Another chance for ESPN to try to tell us how great the guy is. Where is Sam Bradford's show? LOL.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-07-2011, 11:42 AM
You have to look at the makeup of a team's schedule before you change the playoff rules.

38% of games are against only three other teams, and those are the three teams who you battle for that playoff spot.

Of 31 teams, each team does not face a remarkable 58% of them.

Therefore, it leads me to believe that

a) Despite what a coach (I forget which one) once said, you are not what your record says you are because you go through a season playing 16 games against those you are battling against without having one common opponent.

b) Since each team battles so much within their own division, it only makes sense that each division should be represented.