PDA

View Full Version : Ben Likes It....

pick6
01-02-2011, 10:05 PM
And BA is calling it. That is the Quick Slant and other quick passes that go slightly vertical. Therefore our offense is moving the ball alot better. I would say that this started in the Jets game and we had success even though we lost the game. if Ben continues to buy into this way and I know he will, this offense is going to be hard to stop. And if he starts to pass to Mendy 2 or 3 more times a game, like that quick pass that went for 20+ yards, this offense is going to be very difficult to beat. We are going to start to see defenses reacting instead of attacking. Brown, Sanders, and Wallace are deadly with the quick hits and once we have success it opens up the whole offense. And any one of those guys is a missed tackle away from the house. Then we start hitting the underneath stuff to Mendy and Miller. Add Wallace going deep and we become a serious problem. And if they sleep on Hines that will be a fatal mistake. Offense is really shaping up for the big showdown.

Irongut
01-02-2011, 10:09 PM
I liked how they ran the slant under a pick and quick outs with receivers coming underneath to block. Those types of plays create space.

pick6
01-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Then after completing a few can you imagine using Ben's deadly pump fake, everyone will bite and it's over. We're going to torch somebody. Go Steelers !!!!!!!!!!!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Nice call, pick6, I noticed that too. We are throwing a LOT more quick passes, and I believe it's been two games in a row that Wallace alone has torched the D with them - TD last week, and big run this week. I think our two other rooks maybe got one each today. I agree 100% - once the D's realize they have to start planning for those, we are going to be UNSTOPPABLE.

You see, that's my bud BA - holding back a new wrinkle until just BEFORE the playoffs, to give the opposing D coordinators panic attacks.

Did I mention, BA stands for "Best Always"??

:shock:

California-Steel
01-03-2011, 04:45 AM
BA's been reading my post is all. Bout time.
:tt2

feltdizz
01-03-2011, 11:37 AM
I think this is playing out like every other SB run year... O struggles right before the seeding is determined and then clicks.

although it was against average teams we looked pretty sharp on O and we are known to play down to these types of teams.

pick6
01-03-2011, 11:53 AM
No way Cali, he's been reading myyyy post. Haha. But yeah we are looking good, very sharp. And I forgot the short crossing patterns that we hardly ever use. Alone is looking good as well.
I just hope that they don't spend the bye week working on gameplans for each possible team that we could play. I've heard that teams do this. I just think it's a waste of time. i would spend this week working on this new wrinkles to the offense and any weakness we need to sure up. Basically, spend some time working on who we are and who we need to be in the tournament.

feltdizz
01-03-2011, 12:13 PM
No way Cali, he's been reading myyyy post. Haha. But yeah we are looking good, very sharp. And I forgot the short crossing patterns that we hardly ever use. Alone is looking good as well.
I just hope that they don't spend the bye week working on gameplans for each possible team that we could play. I've heard that teams do this. I just think it's a waste of time. i would spend this week working on this new wrinkles to the offense and any weakness we need to sure up. Basically, spend some time working on who we are and who we need to be in the tournament.

The best way to spend this time is resting injured players and getting these young WR's more reps in the hot route/slant/come back to Ben when he extends the play.

The DB's need to work on press coverage and all will be good.