PDA

View Full Version : Are we just too close to have a reasonable perspective?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-02-2011, 09:49 PM
15 out of 16 AFC teams would kill to be in our position - #2 seed and a bye. Yet reading this board, you'd think we all were writing about the Broncos or something, the way we byotch and moan all the time.

Is it like dating a Supermodel ... nobody really has any sympathy when you complain that she leaves her clothes all around the house?

birtikidis
01-02-2011, 09:55 PM
I'd be pretty stoked if a supermodel was leaving her clothes all over my house. Hell I'd help her take them off!

SteelAbility
01-02-2011, 10:56 PM
15 out of 16 AFC teams would kill to be in our position - #2 seed and a bye. Yet reading this board, you'd think we all were writing about the Broncos or something, the way we byotch and moan all the time.

Is it like dating a Supermodel ... nobody really has any sympathy when you complain that she leaves her clothes all around the house?

When it's a supermodel leaving her clothes all around the house it transitions from "have to" to "GET to." (in terms of picking it up).

:P

flippy
01-02-2011, 11:28 PM
IMHO, seeding doesn't matter as how well you are playing going into the playoffs.

Pass protection seems to be coming together over the last few weeks and could set up Ben and the offense for a solid playoff run. Hopefully BA has some solid play calling and we give Ben 3 WR sets and some more latitude to run the no huddle.

And this is good, cause I have a feeling our O is gonna have to carry our D a bit this year.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
01-03-2011, 01:18 AM
It is all about relative perspective.

If you lived in a penthouse your entire life then moved to the fourth floor, you would not be impressed with the view.

If you lived in the basement then moved to the fourth floor you might just be happy to finally have a window.

hawaiiansteel
01-03-2011, 01:40 AM

I absolutely hate when she always does that... :lol:

Chachi
01-03-2011, 02:28 AM
IMHO, seeding doesn't matter as how well you are playing going into the playoffs.

Pass protection seems to be coming together over the last few weeks and could set up Ben and the offense for a solid playoff run. Hopefully BA has some solid play calling and we give Ben 3 WR sets and some more latitude to run the no huddle.

And this is good, cause I have a feeling our O is gonna have to carry our D a bit this year.

I know I'd like to think BA has some things he was holding back for the playoffs.

One can hope....

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-03-2011, 09:31 AM

As weird as that sounds, what with the defense just tearing it up, I think I agree with this. The playoff QBs are skilled enough to torch our secondary now and then, and we're going to need Ben-Wallace-Heath-Mendenhall heroics - THEN we hoist VII!!

SidSmythe
01-03-2011, 09:36 AM
The fact of the matter is people expect perfection and it's not going to happen. I didn't want to give up a TD yesterday, but b/c we did doesn't mean we have problems.

When we get a gift like Royals dropped TD pass or a bad call goes our way like the fumble in Miami, we lament b/c we didn't "earn" it.

But even the 70's Steelers weren't perfect. The immaculate reception was a gift, the no TD against the Oilers in the Championship Game, Jackie Brown's dropped TD, etc.

Lets face it, we are a good football team that has a chance to win it all this year even though we aren't perfect!! :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :Beer :tt2 :2c :tt1

feltdizz
01-03-2011, 09:37 AM

it has been a little unreasonable on here with our team being 12-4. Most experts on here and on TV had us missing the playoffs. You would think that would bring happiness to those who predicted gloom...

and believe me... I don't give a damn how fine a woman is, a man will get tired of her over time if she is a nagging witch.

Halle Berry, Tyra Banks, Eva Longoria and a few other chicks can't keep man.

feltdizz
01-03-2011, 09:41 AM
The fact of the matter is people expect perfection and it's not going to happen. I didn't want to give up a TD yesterday, but b/c we did doesn't mean we have problems.

When we get a gift like Royals dropped TD pass or a bad call goes our way like the fumble in Miami, we lament b/c we didn't "earn" it.

But even the 70's Steelers weren't perfect. The immaculate reception was a gift, the no TD against the Oilers in the Championship Game, Jackie Brown's dropped TD, etc.

Lets face it, we are a good football team that has a chance to win it all this year even though we aren't perfect!! :tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :Beer :tt2 :2c :tt1

I have no problem pointing out a bad call in Miami or a dropped TD in Buffalo as reason's why we weren't the best at that point in time.

Those were game changers... I guess my frustration is pointing out a missed tackle when up by 20 as proof a guy is over rated or 12 for 36 by Mend last game as proof our running game is bad.

SteelCrazy
01-03-2011, 09:42 AM
I was around for the 80's, so I can appreciate the Cowher/Tomlin era....some of you are just spoiled.

feltdizz
01-03-2011, 09:53 AM
I was around for the 80's, so I can appreciate the Cowher/Tomlin era....some of you are just spoiled.

seems like most of the people on here were around for those era's and are still acting spoiled.

To be honest... while those years were frustrating the last 40 years of Steeler football put us on top of the NFL.

You can't point out the 80's and make a Dolphin, Brown or Cardinal fan feel sympathy for us.

Djfan
01-03-2011, 12:19 PM

Bingo!

I was just thinking about the fact that a bye week in the playoffs under Cowher was a bad thing.

SidSmythe
01-04-2011, 07:14 AM

I have no problem pointing out a bad call in Miami or a dropped TD in Buffalo as reason's why we weren't the best at that point in time.

Those were game changers... I guess my frustration is pointing out a missed tackle when up by 20 as proof a guy is over rated or 12 for 36 by Mend last game as proof our running game is bad.

we've missed tackles and struggled in the ground many times this year. It is what it is. our O-Line is sub par and are CB's are suspect. Again, it is what it is. I have my fears, but I am excited about our opportunity. Our DEFENSE isn't as dominant as 3 yrs. ago, but I think BEN is a winner and there isn't a team in this league we can't beat.

I'm a little nervous myself, but I feel a whole lot better than I did last year at this time!! :tt2