01-02-2011, 08:13 PM
AFC playoffs all set.

Steelhere10
01-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Hoping Jets lose and send Rats to NE.

SteelAbility
01-02-2011, 08:25 PM

Yup. That's exactly what we want. Even if BAL doesn't beat NE, they can, at the very least beat them up. BAL matches up very well with NE. They had them beat earlier this year. It took a series of improbable events for NE to come back and win that game.

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
01-02-2011, 08:28 PM

Yup. That's exactly what we want. Even if BAL doesn't beat NE, they can, at the very least beat them up. BAL matches up very well with NE. They had them beat earlier this year. It took a series of improbable events for NE to come back and win that game.

That means we would play the Colts....They are lucky as heck and as you all know can get pass happy. Kindof scary but we are a better team!

Djfan
01-02-2011, 08:28 PM
The rats could beat KC if they focus, which I bet they do.

Love to see the Rats beat the Cheats.

Scarletfire1970
01-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Rats and Colts will win.

Bye, bye Jets.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-02-2011, 08:49 PM
This is beautiful, simply beautiful.

I would LOVE to see us play the Colts, Manning better be wearing his Depends!

Steelers33
01-02-2011, 10:08 PM
For us to play the Colts it will be absolutely critical for us to run the football. If we can't run the football we are at a huge disadvantage. It will kepp Manning off the field who we know will try to pick on the secondary all day, I wouldn't be suprised if he ended up with 50 pass attempts. Also for us to run the football it will minimize the huge disadvantage our tackles have against their defensive ends. Plus with our three interior o-lineman playing well, we should take advantage of weak run-support d-tackles and linebacker. Especially because Mendy is a big physical back, and we can see what physical backs do to Indy(Arian Foster). Pretty much we have to limit the speed of their defense, as their team speed shut down Chris Johnson today. Also the ability for our 3 interior d-lineman to push the pocket on Manning would be huge, and are ability to be physical with their receivers off the line. Even though it is Peyton Manning and he is always dangerous, we are the more physical team and the colts are stumbling into the playoffs barely beating a freefalling Titans team. With that being said they will beat an overrated Jets team that we should of beat.

Wolfhound45
01-03-2011, 12:05 AM
Ratbirds will be able to handle KC. Not a problem (in my opinion).

Jets-Colts is a different story. Complete toss up. Indy is not the same as it has been in the past. Jets are sputtering.

flippy
01-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Let the games play out however they play out.

Anyone can beat anyone.

And we can beat anyone.

Eyes on the prize.

#7 is well within reach.

No matter who is in our way.

aggiebones
01-03-2011, 12:30 AM
Yes, lets the chips fall. Noone has a high probablity of winning the Super Bowl...but ours is much better than say Cinn or Clev this year :)

And do we really want to face Manning and Freeney?
Manning can get hot and Freeney would be unevaded to Ben on every play.
I'm not sure who I'd 'want' to play.

Starlifter
01-03-2011, 02:16 AM
I'm quite sure Tomlin doesn't care at all who we play. from an analysis standpoint I would venture it's likely the rats beat KC and I see indy/jets as a tossup. No matter what happens though, I like our chances.

if rats win and indy wins - I think that works best for us. I'm not scared of peyton - particularly outdoors in january.

if rats win and jets win - toughest draw for us. rats at home will be brutal and I think the pats would destroy the jets. if we win, that will be a tough game up in foxboro.

If KC beats the rats, I think we need the jets to beat the colts. while i still think NY can't beat brady - I'm absolutely sure KC can't do it (although their NE connections make it very interesting).

Oviedo
01-03-2011, 09:03 AM

That means we would play the Colts....They are lucky as heck and as you all know can get pass happy. Kindof scary but we are a better team!

We would play the Colts outdoors at Heinz Field. That is a big difference and a big advantage for us. I would rather play the Colts than the Ravens.

proudpittsburgher
01-03-2011, 09:53 AM

We would play the Colts outdoors at Heinz Field. That is a big difference and a big advantage for us. I would rather play the Colts than the Ravens.

Yes yes and yes. I really would like to avoid the Colts, but I fear the Ravens more. And considering even if we would beat the Ravens in the divisional round, we would be very beaten up in the AFC title game with a week's rest. At least when we beat the Ravens in the 08 AFCC game, we had two weeks to prepare and rest up for the super bowl.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
01-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Since our first game will be Colts, or Chiefs/Ravens (In that order of seeding), I like playing the Colts at home best. I feel that is the best matchup. As long as we don't play from behind, I believe th OL will have alot of success in the run game against the smaller front. If BB's pass attempts could be limited to 18-22, It should be a 10+ point victory.

If I had to predict, I believe the Ravens & Colts will win in the AFC next weekend. This is also the best scenario for the Steelers in my opinion. The Ravens are capable of beating the Pats but more importantly, their physical play should wear them down regardless of the outcome.

Wolfhound45
01-03-2011, 10:06 AM
I'm not scared of peyton - particularly outdoors in january.

This.