PDA

View Full Version : Better Off Losing?

flippy
01-02-2011, 12:20 PM
I just have a feeling we might be better off losing to Cleveland.

That way we go on the road and avoid Heinz Field after the Winter Classic.

And even though we need to get healthy and could use the week off, I have a feeling we could use some more work.

Plus we get an extra 3 hours of football this year and that's always a good thing in my book.

eniparadoxgma
01-02-2011, 12:28 PM
I understand what you mean about playing with our backs to the wall so to speak. As of late we seem to do better on the road. It's an interesting take but I don't think there's any way that you can argue against getting some extra time to get Troy, Ben, Aaron Smith, and the rest of the guys healthy.

Stewie
01-02-2011, 01:11 PM

And even though we need to get healthy and could use the week off, I have a feeling we could use some more work.

Plus we get an extra 3 hours of football this year and that's always a good thing in my book.

Puff, puff, pass!!!!

SteelBucks
01-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Huh?

RuthlessBurgher
01-02-2011, 01:19 PM
[youtube:3nxjqnvr]8IXCK1EyP4s[/youtube:3nxjqnvr]

Is that enough "No's" for you? :wink:

papillon
01-02-2011, 01:27 PM
It's never good to lose a game period. If you're looking for an edge like that, then the team isn't that good. Win as many games as possible, always, period.

Pappy

MaxAMillion
01-02-2011, 01:32 PM
I pray you are wrong about the Steelers losing but you may get your wish. I don't have a great feeling about this game. I think we will beat the Chiefs or Colts at home (Ravens worry me a bit in the playoffs), but going on the road for the entire playoffs makes the Super Bowl seem like a real long shot.

The Browns will be up for this game and their short passing game can cause problems. We simply have to score touchdowns to win today. Field goals will mean we are leaving the Browns around in the game.

Today feels like a playoff game to me. I hope the offense can score touchdowns and the special teams can keep Cribbs from making big plays.

proudpittsburgher
01-02-2011, 01:35 PM
No way. Do not want to go into Indianapolis. Do i think we can beat them? Sure, don't want to have to, though. Much rather host a game. I'll pass.

Steelgal
01-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Rarely do I think you're better off losing and this game isn't one of those. Yes, they need to play better on offense, but too many players need rest and the bye week is HUGE. Do you really want to go to Indy or the Chiefs next week to play? I don't. Let the Rats go play somewhere and get banged up, instead of us.

SteelBucks
01-02-2011, 01:51 PM
[youtube:2ryejlzo]5hfYJsQAhl0&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube:2ryejlzo]

Discipline of Steel
01-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Well, its 38-3 and I couldnt feel better about my team going into the playoffs. Can anyone honestly say they would have preferred a loss??

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-02-2011, 04:07 PM

Puff, puff, pass!!!!

http://www.steinski.com/wp-content/uploads/491blog_small_joint.jpg

BURGH86STEEL
01-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Never better to lose. Should just throw in the towel if we think that way.

I think if Ben can play as well in the playoffs as he did vs the Browns, Steelers will have a good shot to make it to the SB. He made quick decisions and got the ball into the hands of his play makers.

flippy
01-02-2011, 04:56 PM
I'm glad we won. But it will be interesting to see how the field looks in 2 weeks.

Crash
01-02-2011, 05:15 PM
The Beach is being re-sodded. Not an issue.

But this game is perfect as far as why we need Field Turf.

We are too fast to play in our slop.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-02-2011, 05:26 PM

Good point, crash.

Irongut
01-02-2011, 05:27 PM

We are too fast to play in our slop.Get a clue!

Clevelands field

Playing Field: The field is a Kentucky Bluegrass irrigated field with a sand-soil root zone and an underground heating system containing nine boilers and 40 miles of
underground piping. The heating system helps to keep the field from freezing and extends
the growing season of the turf. Field has been designed to accommodate international soccer as well, with dimensions of 69 yards by 114 yards.

Mike Wallace, our fastest player has 7 100 yard games. 4 of them on our "slop."
Mike Wallace, our fastest player has 10 td's this season, 5 of them on our "slop."

You are clueless!

Irongut
01-02-2011, 05:41 PM

Good point, crash.

Check your facts.

Crash
01-02-2011, 05:55 PM

Clevelands field

Playing Field: The field is a Kentucky Bluegrass irrigated field with a sand-soil root zone and an underground heating system containing nine boilers and 40 miles of
underground piping. The heating system helps to keep the field from freezing and extends
the growing season of the turf. Field has been designed to accommodate international soccer as well, with dimensions of 69 yards by 114 yards.

Mike Wallace, our fastest player has 10 td's this season, 5 of them on our "slop."

You are clueless!

How many teams use Browns Field Junkie Boy?

That field today looked better than Heinz did in September.

Irongut
01-02-2011, 06:00 PM

Clevelands field

You are clueless!

How many teams use Browns Field Junkie Boy?

That field today looked better than Heinz did in September.
Well, the point was the field is grass with sand base. You said the "beach" as you referred to Heinz field was a terrible field and our fast team can't play on it.

I've shown that not only does the Browns field have a natural grass with sand base but that your notion is factually incorrect.

Now, you are free to debate the topic or call names but clearly your notion was off base and incorrect.

What's your next excuse? Philadelphia uses a similar field as Cleveland and Pittsburgh, as does Denver. Denver clearly has better weather for grass growth but what's your excuse for Cleveland and Philly?

Perhaps we need better grounds crews but the field surface definitely is NOT the issue.

Crash
01-02-2011, 06:10 PM
The grounds crew cannot do anything about use of field.

When idiots comprehend that, then talk.

The Steelers players vote their own field as the worst in the league.

5-3 at home. 7-1 on the road.

Facts. Use them before you light up.

Irongut
01-02-2011, 06:16 PM
The grounds crew cannot do anything about use of field.

When idiots comprehend that, then talk.

The Steelers players vote their own field as the worst in the league.

5-3 at home. 7-1 on the road.

Facts. Use them before you light up.

I've already shown your notion of speed not working on our field to be incorrect.

If you wish to debate a different subject, we can do so. Whether that be why our offense can do anything against NE and quality teams or the feelings of our players, that can be debated but the field being made of grass is simply an excuse for people that don't comprehend the facts of the field.

Does Philly, who plays on the same field, not have speed?

RuthlessBurgher
01-02-2011, 06:23 PM
*YAWN*

http://www.funnyanimalsite.com/pictures/Yawn_Pig.jpg

Yet another Crash/43 "debate" about something that has nothing whatsoever to do with original thread topic. Wake me up when your bitching and moaning reaches double-digit pages.

Irongut
01-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Yet another Crash/43 "debate" about something that has nothing whatsoever to do with original thread topic. Wake me up when your bitching and moaning reaches double-digit pages.

I responded to a post of Crash and to show that the post was in fact incorrect.

You seem to love your little pictures and such but I fail to see the point.

Is this discussion board not for debates or conversing?

Is this discussion board about posting silly pictures?

RuthlessBurgher
01-02-2011, 06:35 PM

I responded to a post of Crash and to show that the post was in fact incorrect.

You seem to love your little pictures and such but I fail to see the point.

Is this discussion board not for debates or conversing?

Is this discussion board about posting silly pictures?

You respond to him. He responds to you. You each take contrarian viewpoints no matter what the topic is. Back and forth you go. Everyone else seems to be able to have discussions and conversations with each other that aren't personal attacks. You two have always just went at it mano-a-mano no matter which board you were on at the time. That can be done via PM or email. I'm happy to discuss Steeler related topics with you. I'm happy to discuss Steeler related topics with him. But when the two of you start going at each other, you hijack a thread with back and forth bitching and moaning. Everyone knows it. It gets old.

hawaiiansteel
01-02-2011, 06:41 PM
you're never better off losing an arm wrestling contest to a 2-year old... :D

Irongut
01-02-2011, 06:44 PM
You respond to him. He responds to you. You each take contrarian viewpoints no matter what the topic is. Back and forth you go. Everyone else seems to be able to have discussions and conversations with each other that aren't personal attacks. You two have always just went at it mano-a-mano no matter which board you were on at the time. That can be done via PM or email. I'm happy to discuss Steeler related topics with you. I'm happy to discuss Steeler related topics with him. But when the two of you start going at each other, you hijack a thread with back and forth bitching and moaning. Everyone knows it. It gets old.
I think you are living in the past but if everytime I post it will be followed by some silly picture or something, I can not post here any longer.

The only one I see stopping the flow of debate is yourself. I've by and large ignored Crash's insults as I know what I am dealing with. Whether or not the forum wishes to allow his insults to continue is up to the forum, not me.

I'd like to discuss football and the Steelers. If this board is not appropriate for that, is just a cheerleader board and one where contrarian opinions or debates are unwanted, I can definitely go to another.

So far, I've enjoyed the debates on draft subjects and other subjects floating around this board.

eniparadoxgma
01-02-2011, 06:55 PM
What I'm waiting for is Constanz to show up and report that both 43 and Crash are posting from the same IP address...

...THE CALL IS COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Irongut
01-02-2011, 07:01 PM
What I'm waiting for is Constanz to show up and report that both 43 and Crash are posting from the same IP address...

The screenname is Irongut. If you wish to converse with steelers43, that can be done at http://www.stillernation.com.

eniparadoxgma
01-02-2011, 07:03 PM

The screenname is Irongut. If you wish to converse with steelers43, that can be done at http://www.stillernation.com.

You are aware that having two screen names doesn't actually make you different people right?

Irongut
01-02-2011, 07:08 PM

You are aware that having two screen names doesn't actually make you different people right?
You are aware that message boards are anonymous, right?

As I said above, if you wish to converse with S43, feel free to do so at another site.

eniparadoxgma
01-02-2011, 07:12 PM

As I said above, if you wish to converse with S43, feel free to do so at another site.

Dude, you outed yourself the first day you started posting. Changing your screen name doesn't mean a damn thing. Do you try to post differently under the different screen names? Do you debate yourself at times? No? Oh yeah, it's because both screen names belong to the same person and thus are the same person. Hence, no need to differentiate. Also, don't refer to yourself in 3rd person. We've already got someone for that. :)

Irongut
01-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Dude, you outed yourself the first day you started posting. Changing your screen name doesn't mean a damn thing. Do you try to post differently under the different screen names? Do you debate yourself at times? No? Oh yeah, it's because both screen names belong to the same person and thus are the same person. Hence, no need to differentiate. Also, don't refer to yourself in 3rd person. We've already got someone for that. :)
Different boards have different rules. I post here, under the current rules, as Irongut and yes, the styles are different.

If you wish to converse with Steelers43, feel free to do so at http://www.stillernation.com.

RuthlessBurgher
01-02-2011, 07:15 PM

You are only allowed to refer to yourself in the 3rd person if you do so with an Australian accent.

eniparadoxgma
01-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Different boards have different rules. I post here, under the current rules, as Irongut and yes, the styles are different.

If you wish to converse with Steelers43, feel free to do so at http://www.stillernation.com.

Yes, different boards have different rules.

So...you're telling me that you intentionally post differently under two different monikers? Wow. I believe that says a lot right there.

And if I want to talk to your alternate moniker, (you under a different screen name posting "differently"), I need to go to another website to do so?

Alrightythen. I think we're done here. :)

Irongut
01-02-2011, 07:28 PM

Yes, different boards have different rules.

So...you're telling me that you intentionally post differently under two different monikers? Wow. I believe that says a lot right there.

And if I want to talk to your alternate moniker, (you under a different screen name posting "differently"), I need to go to another website to do so?

Alrightythen. I think we're done here. :)
Some boards offer more freedoms, therefore the posting styles can be different. The opinions and such won't change, just the styles in which they are expressed.

eniparadoxgma
01-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Not sure why I'm continuing this but...

I also post on different boards. I post on boards that allow cuss words as well as those that don't. However...I don't consider the difference between my using cuss words or not to require such a drastic change of style that I must employ different monikers in order to keep track of them (or for any other reason). On the boards that I can cuss on, I cuss. On those I can't, I don't. Regardless, I remain the same person typing the words.

You are the same person regardless of your moniker. Therefore, there is no need for me to go to another website or board in order to "speak to Steelers43". YOU are Steelers43.

If you want to be able to cuss at me and use smiley's from the other website then it would make sense for you to ask me to talk to you there. As it is, it serves no purpose.

I'm not going to try to go deeply into an online psychoanalysis or anything, but if you feel you must have different names in order to either cuss or not cuss (which is the basic difference between Steeler boards) I think you may need to take part in some introspection. Then again, I really don't give a crap. The only reason this conversation is taking place is because you're asking me to differentiate between your online monikers when there is no point in doing so.

Just my 2 cents, yet again.

Irongut
01-02-2011, 07:50 PM
That's not what I meant but okay.
Not sure why I'm continuing this but...

I also post on different boards. I post on boards that allow cuss words as well as those that don't. However...I don't consider the difference between my using cuss words or not to require such a drastic change of style that I must employ different monikers in order to keep track of them (or for any other reason). On the boards that I can cuss on, I cuss. On those I can't, I don't. Regardless, I remain the same person typing the words.

You are the same person regardless of your moniker. Therefore, there is no need for me to go to another website or board in order to "speak to Steelers43". YOU are Steelers43.

If you want to be able to cuss at me and use smiley's from the other website then it would make sense for you to ask me to talk to you there. As it is, it serves no purpose.

I'm not going to try to go deeply into an online psychoanalysis or anything, but if you feel you must have different names in order to either cuss or not cuss (which is the basic difference between Steeler boards) I think you may need to take part in some introspection. Then again, I really don't give a crap. The only reason this conversation is taking place is because you're asking me to differentiate between your online monikers when there is no point in doing so.

Just my 2 cents, yet again.

hawaiiansteel
01-02-2011, 08:00 PM
a big difference about different Steelers message boards that I've noticed is how the filters deal with LeBeau's first name.

here, it comes out as "bad word", back at the Trib it was "wicker basket"...I still would like to know who it was that thought of that one. :lol:

Scarletfire1970
01-02-2011, 08:39 PM

You are aware that having two screen names doesn't actually make you different people right? :lol:

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Now me, I'm actually 3 different people, but we all use the "SASF" moniker, it's cheaper that way.

:? :D

hawaiiansteel
01-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Now me, I'm actually 3 different people, but we all use the "SASF" moniker, it's cheaper that way.

:? :D

3 smilies, one for each of your personalities...:lol: :lol: :lol:

flippy
01-02-2011, 11:59 PM
Where can I talk to 420? A jets board maybe ;)