PDA

View Full Version : We can beat them

pick6
01-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Took a look at the Pats game from earlier in the year and I feel alot better about our chances moving forward. they came out amped at 100%. We came out sleep walking like we just got out of bed. Still it was only 10-3 at the half.
The thing I noticed most is that Ben started to get rid of the ball within 3 sec. When he started to do this the Pats could not stop. I mean there D looked bad. They were still trying to bring pressure so the next time they went into coverage and got a pick 6 off a tipped ball. Still we continued with the same strategy and they could not really stop us. Some might say that they were in prevent but they were not they wanted a bigger blow out (see Jets final score) and belicheat was upset on the sidelines.

Get rid of it quick and that will buy you time later when they stop blitzing.

buckeyehoppy
01-02-2011, 03:14 AM
Took a look at the Pats game from earlier in the year and I feel alot better about our chances moving forward. they came out amped at 100%. We came out sleep walking like we just got out of bed. Still it was only 10-3 at the half.
The thing I noticed most is that Ben started to get rid of the ball within 3 sec. When he started to do this the Pats could not stop. I mean there D looked bad. They were still trying to bring pressure so the next time they went into coverage and got a pick 6 off a tipped ball. Still we continued with the same strategy and they could not really stop us. Some might say that they were in prevent but they were not they wanted a bigger blow out (see Jets final score) and belicheat was upset on the sidelines.

I can get behind this thinking, pick6!

First off, we really need to dial up our usage of the no-huddle to begin with. When we use the no-huddle, it usually produces positive results. We get plays off faster and it get the opposing D off-balance. Maybe it does nothing for ball control. But if I had to sacrifice TOP on the alter of keeping the opposing D on their heels, I'll do it every time and especially if I'm scoring 6 every time I drive.

The other thing that needs to happen if we get the Patophiles again is we need to put some real pressure on Brady, something we have never done (or, at least, something that appears to have never happened). The guy picks us apart when we do this horse d!ck Cover 3 bull $hit. Bring the lumber yard to him and let's see how functional he is. If he picks us apart, so be it. OTOH, I bet it yields a different result because when was the last time we've seen that approach v. Brady?

fezziwig
01-02-2011, 10:48 AM
A lot you have to say is key but you really hit the nail on the head when you said, " the Steelers came out sleep walking "

That entire game I kept thinking, " our players look so un-inspired. They look like they are tired or don't even want to be there. "

In a way I was kind of glad we lost because, I didn't want the win to go to our guys head and for Bellicheat to take away during the playoffs what, we discovered that works for us. "

Just my screwed up way of thinking.

proudpittsburgher
01-02-2011, 11:10 AM
The offenses inability in the first half cost us the first game against the Pats*. Make them push on offense instead of them dictating the pace and you will get to Brady an d force the almighty into mistakes.

fezziwig
01-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Our defensive rush doesn't seem to be getting to the QB's or having the disruption that is needed.
I guess throwing the flag at Harrison and Woodley everytime these two do start having their way can be the cause of this but, our pass rush and ability to slap around Brady just isn't there.

Flasteel
01-02-2011, 11:46 AM

I can get behind this thinking, pick6!

First off, we really need to dial up our usage of the no-huddle to begin with. When we use the no-huddle, it usually produces positive results. We get plays off faster and it get the opposing D off-balance. Maybe it does nothing for ball control. But if I had to sacrifice TOP on the alter of keeping the opposing D on their heels, I'll do it every time and especially if I'm scoring 6 every time I drive.

The other thing that needs to happen if we get the Patophiles again is we need to put some real pressure on Brady, something we have never done (or, at least, something that appears to have never happened). The guy picks us apart when we do this horse d!ck Cover 3 bull $hit. Bring the lumber yard to him and let's see how functional he is. If he picks us apart, so be it. OTOH, I bet it yields a different result because when was the last time we've seen that approach v. Brady?

This is exactly the formula that we need on both sides of the ball. The no-huddle is something Iíve been screaming for since Benís 3rd or 4th game back. Actually Iíve been screaming for it almost as long as BA has been the OC. HmmmÖ :D

On the defensive side, we do need to send the house at him all game long. But the pressure needs to be applied in concert with more press coverage. We need to be in the face of their midget WRís and their rookie TEís and knock them off their routes at the LOS. Brady gets rid of the ball to quickly for us to get to him with any regularity. We need to force him to hold on just a little bit longer...the LeBeau cushion must go. Do this with some pressure packages and looks that Brady hasn't seen from us before, and we will have our best shot at beating them IMHO. :tt2

Stewie
01-02-2011, 11:56 AM
If we're going to beat them, we have to take away the quick look for Brady. That means PRESS COVERAGE!!! Press coverage will take away the early dump, and it will assist the pass rush. If we get a coupla hits on Brady, he'll do the same thing he did against the G-men in their Super Bowl.

spyboots
01-02-2011, 01:19 PM
We need to make plenty of changes from first game and specifically plan for the opposition (for a change). NE still finds ways to cheat, IMO.