PDA

View Full Version : Any of our hockey fans up for a Winter Classic chat tonight?

RuthlessBurgher
01-01-2011, 02:10 PM
The game at Heinz Field has been moved from 1:00 to 8:00 this evening because of concerns about rain (too bad it is not going to be played in the daytime...the shadows on the ice when the sun came out in the latter stages of the Alumni game yesterday morning were cool to see).

Hopefully, I'll get back from New Year's Day dinner with the in-laws in time to chat with everyone, assuming that enough folks deem this event to be chat-worthy. It may be more difficult to chat with the continuous action of hockey as opposed to the stoppage after every play in football, but there should be enough commercial breaks, penalties, icings, pucking flying over the boards, etc. to allow us to get a few words typed in among the action. Go Pens! Ovechkin is a douche!

NC Steeler Fan
01-01-2011, 05:01 PM
If I can get the hubby to watch the game, I'm up for a bit of chat. No promises though!

Go Pens!!! :Cheers

buckeyehoppy
01-02-2011, 03:53 AM
RB, I figured I'd weigh in before this thread got moved.

The Pens looked like they had the wrong approach for the conditions tonight and the fore checking was really crappy all night.

Let's keep this in perspective, as it is only one out of 82 games. It was just that the Pens stepped onto the huge platform of this particular game with the wrong approach. The Craps were tossing the puck on goal all night and the results spoke for themselves (altho, scoring on two broken plays and having the Pens play like turd on the PP didn't hurt them any).

The Pens are still a very good team and we shouldn't read much into this.

As for this being moved to a night game, I can see the NHL doing night games in this format more often. Sure, it might sense for the game to be earlier in the day in many cases. But a good match up like this one will get decent ratings. I'll be curious to find out how NBC did in the ratings with this game.