PDA

View Full Version : NFL trims $25,000 off Harrison fine.. WTF??

LordVile
12-30-2010, 08:28 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=12511473

The NFL has reduced the fine levied on Steelers linebacker James Harrison for his Oct. 17 hit on Browns wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi from $75,000 to $50,000.

The league's appeals officer, Ted Cottrell, reduced the fine because he said Harrison understands the player safety rules and has made an effort to adjust his technique to play within those rules. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell supported the reduction.

Harrison's four fines this season for dangerous hits now total $100,000.

Harrison's agent, Bill Parise, also plans to appeal a $25,000 fine Harrison was assessed for a hit on Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick on Nov. 28.

Harrison sidelined both Massaquoi and returner-wide receiver Joshua Cribbs with hits that caused concussions. He was not fined for the Cribbs hit. The teams meet again Sunday in Cleveland.

LordVile
12-30-2010, 08:31 PM
good for you HARRISON. :Clap

sentinel33
12-30-2010, 08:34 PM
it's too late Goodell. damage is done. no one likes you. kiss ass.

hawaiiansteel
12-30-2010, 08:41 PM
http://www.thundertreats.com/images/stories/harrison_massaquoi_fine.jpg :wft

Djfan
12-30-2010, 09:07 PM
Do these clowns know how arbitrary this nonsense is!?!?!?

What a bunch of middle school losers.

phillyesq
12-30-2010, 09:16 PM
Harrison's fine was reduced to $50k, the same amount as Favre's fine, the day after Favre was fined.

I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

LordVile
12-30-2010, 09:29 PM
Harrison's fine was reduced to $50k, the same amount as Favre's fine, the day after Favre was fined.

true that. :stirpot

hawaiiansteel
12-30-2010, 09:42 PM

NFL reduces big fines to Harrison, Robinson, and Meriweather

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 30, 2010

It seems like years ago when a trio of nasty helmet-to-helmet hits by Steelers linebacker James Harrison, Falcons cornerback Dunta Robinson, and Patriots safety Brandon Meriweather sparked a league-wide debate about player safety.

Well, it was more than two months ago. And with some time to think about it, the NFL has decided to reduce the hefty fines given out to all three players.

Judy Battista of the New York Times reports that Robinsonís fine was reduced from $50,000 to $25,000, Meriweather from $50,000 to $40,000, and Harrison from $75,000 to $50,000. Battista writes that Robinson and Meriweather appealed the fines.

Ted Cottrell, who overseas the fines, looked back at Harrisonís case and reduced the fine with Commissioner Roger Goodellís blessing.

The reductions by the league constitutes an admission that the amount of the fines were out of whack compared to similar cases which received less media attention.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... riweather/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/30/nfl-reduces-big-fines-to-harrison-robinson-and-meriweather/)

ScoreKeeper
12-31-2010, 08:46 AM
Meriweather's hit is the only one of the three that should have drawn a fine.

fezziwig
12-31-2010, 10:17 AM
When they fine the shiit out of him in the playoffs or pitch him from the playoffs they now will go back on, " we reduced his fines because we are so fair. "

Crash
12-31-2010, 12:44 PM

Of course it is. Some media blasted Goodell for James' fine being more than Favre's, and then it's reduced?

Spare me.

Goodell doesn't run the league, the media does. He acts off their opinions.

fezziwig
12-31-2010, 12:57 PM

Of course it is. Some media blasted Goodell for James' fine being more than Favre's, and then it's reduced?

Spare me.

Goodell doesn't run the league, the media does. He acts off their opinions.

I don't see that at all. I think Goodell is a tool all on his own.

Crash
12-31-2010, 01:03 PM
Goodell is a tool who lacks common sense.

He suspends uncharged Ben, then he parades two ex-cons who were charged with murder out on the podium on draft night?

Nothing more than a common jock sniffer who has no clue what he's doing.