PDA

View Full Version : Wired for Sound - Tomlin - Panthers game

grotonsteel
12-30-2010, 01:16 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-st ... mlin-wired (http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh-steelers/09000d5d81d4de76/Sound-FX-Tomlin-wired)

Tomlin-Emmanuel Sanders conversation was funny.

steelsnis
12-30-2010, 03:48 PM
Love it! They showed some more great footage on Inside the NFL. Tomlin was really getting on Pouncey for some of the extracurricular pushing and shoving. Telling him it's selfish and he better knock it off for the good of the team. Then he patted him on the helmet and sent him on his way.

Not hard to see why players enjoy playing for him.

Sugar
12-30-2010, 03:59 PM
This coach seems to have great professional balance. He's at once a player's coach and a disciplinarian, but is still PC enough for the modern NFL.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
12-30-2010, 04:07 PM
That was just such a GREAT vid!! I'm all smiling now, what a feel-good experience, almost like being on the sidelines.

So many nice things ... not necessarily the best, but it was very nice how Tomlin took a few moments during a game to inquire after the college plans of one of the ball boys.

I also liked how Ben identified that the Panthers lined up "wrong" on a play and audibled out of it for a big game, it was cool hearing Tomlin on the sidelines saying "Panthers lined up wrong!". I don't guess Ben heard Tomlin (who speaks into his helmet, BA?), so I'm thinking Ben came up with the audible himself.

Woooooo!!!

HERE WE GO, STEELERS!!!

BDESteel
12-30-2010, 05:35 PM
"Hey Emanual, you come up here and watch Rashard get your money". Classic, I bet Sanders try's just a little bit harder to get that TD next time. :)

Sugar
12-30-2010, 06:00 PM
"Hey Emanual, you come up here and watch Rashard get your money". Classic, I bet Sanders try's just a little bit harder to get that TD next time. :)

I still insist that he had the first time, FWIW. That said, it was funny and Tomlin didn't just say it in passing, he made Sanders go after Mendy.

sentinel33
12-30-2010, 08:08 PM
that was sweet Groton. much appreciated.

I like how Tomlin got after Sanders about coming up short at the goal line. "Rashards gonna get your money". Thats great coaching on many levels. Tomlin has made some nice strides these past 4 years.

this offense is playing a bit better as of late at many positions.

i personally like how the current O-line of Scott-Kemoeatu-ROOKIEPROBOWLCENTER-Foster-Adams have been playing. Im not saying spectacular or anything. just better than usual lately.

Some 2nd year guys are stepping it up. like Redman and Wallace. Both having good Decembers. And this Rookie class was fantastic. Contributions across the board for the most part.

cant wait for the cleveland game. hope its a close one. a gut check right before the plaoffs without the loss that usually accompanys such checks.

'course ill be more than pleased if we dominate them as well. so.

AzStillers1989
12-31-2010, 10:32 AM
That was great to watch (listen). Wish they had this every week. Really gives you an inside look at what is going on and what is said to each guy and how the reactions r herd.

GO STEELERS!!!!! :tt2 :tt1

ghettoscott
12-31-2010, 10:43 AM
sweet video, thanks for sharing. Liked how Tomlin asked the ball boy where he was going to school.

is it just me or do the conversations between Ben and Coach seem a little awkward?....

Djfan
12-31-2010, 11:11 AM
is it just me or do the conversations between Ben and Coach seem a little awkward?....

I thought the same thing. I also would love to get into Ben's head about what he means by playing only one way. "I can't learn anything new?" "I only play with my whole head?" "I am all on all the time?"

Could be a number of things.

Great vid!

feltdizz
12-31-2010, 11:26 AM
sweet video, thanks for sharing. Liked how Tomlin asked the ball boy where he was going to school.

:Agree

maybe Ben doesn't like hearing about throwing the ball away :stirpot

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-31-2010, 11:39 AM

I thought the same thing. I also would love to get into Ben's head about what he means by playing only one way. "I can't learn anything new?" "I only play with my whole head?" "I am all on all the time?"

Could be a number of things.

Great vid!

At the time the coach was saying that if he keeps taking hits then he will take him out of the game to avoid risk of injury. If he stays upright then he will keep him in.

To that Ben's response was that he only knows how to play one way. To me that means that he is always hanging in there trying to make the play, even if that means that the rush gets to him before he can throw it away.

AkronSteel
12-31-2010, 11:49 AM
Classic.....love those vids!!!

Ben: No more John Wayne.....Too Funny!!! :)

Ben: It's December football.....if you don't know what that means ride with someone who does!!! AWESOME!!!

Mister Pittsburgh
12-31-2010, 02:15 PM
Really cool. Thanks for sharing that.

Gives you a whole new perspective of gameday.

jj28west
12-31-2010, 02:25 PM
Good stuff!

I dont know if Tomlin was playing it up a little but that was amazing video showing that side of him. I gave up on the weekly press conferences because he would give up as much as Bellicheck. Cowher seemed to give up up a tidbit here and there and what he felt.

Until I saw this fun side I would chuckle at the thought of his conversation with his wife in Tomlin trying to get romantic.

Could you picture him saying "Kiya, we are now going to procreate for propagation purposes only but will embrace the challenge at hand"

Mister Pittsburgh
12-31-2010, 03:06 PM
Good stuff!

I dont know if Tomlin was playing it up a little but that was amazing video showing that side of him. I gave up on the weekly press conferences because he would give up as much as Bellicheck. Cowher seemed to give up up a tidbit here and there and what he felt.

Until I saw this fun side I would chuckle at the thought of his conversation with his wife in Tomlin trying to get romantic.

Could you picture him saying "Kiya, we are now going to procreate for propagation purposes only but will embrace the challenge at hand"

Maybe he just warns her he is about to unleash hell.

pick6
12-31-2010, 05:25 PM
Yeah that video was really nice. Also saw the Tebow video, guy is really full of himself. But yeah Ben is sticking to his guns. That was an interesting part of the video. I've always wondered if Tomlin talked to him about holding onto the ball too long. And so we got to see it and we got to see his unfortunate response. "I only play one way." Wow. He is really taking this on as his mantra. But I can only laugh because the guy is successful at the way he plays. I just know that Belicheat will not let us win we play "only one way." Come on Ben we don't want you to change your style, just add a few wrinkles for the whole package.