PDA

View Full Version : Updating Aaron Smith's progress

SteelCrazy
12-29-2010, 08:29 PM
By James Walker

Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin offered some good news Wednesday on the rehabilitation of injured defensive end Aaron Smith.

SmithThe 12-year veteran, who had triceps surgery in October, has missed the past two months and is trying to make it back in time for the playoffs.

"He had a big workout this morning," Tomlin said on a conference call with the Cleveland media. "We fitted him for a brace, and that's arrived. And as soon as he gets medical clearance he's going to start the practice process, then, of course, ultimately to play.

"But his rehabilitation has been positive. It hasn't been any steps backwards. In fact, we've been pretty enthused and encouraged about his development."

No setbacks is good news for the Steelers. Smith is one of the NFL's most underrated players and a stalwart in Pittsburgh's 3-4 defense. Pittsburgh held a roster spot open all year for Smith in hopes that he could return in time to help with the team's postseason run.

The Steelers have a chance to clinch the AFC North division and a first-round bye Sunday with a victory over the Cleveland Browns. A win would give the Steelers two weeks to get key players such as Smith and Pro Bowl safety Troy Polamalu (Achilles) healthy.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_ ... s-progress (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/22436/updating-aaron-smiths-progress)

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-30-2010, 01:35 AM
While I do not see his name on it, James Walker from ESPN is one of my favorite national guys when it comes to the Steelers. He seems to be the one guy who actually understands all things Steelers, such as the importance of Aaron Smith.

Mister Pittsburgh
12-30-2010, 08:21 AM
:Beer :tt2

fezziwig
12-30-2010, 03:21 PM
If Smith does heal or gets the green light to play, I'm just wondering if he is football/game ready to play. He hasn't played in so long and maybe the mojo just won't be there and it's better off sticking with current personale ?

Mister Pittsburgh
12-30-2010, 03:32 PM
If Smith does heal or gets the green light to play, I'm just wondering if he is football/game ready to play. He hasn't played in so long and maybe the mojo just won't be there and it's better off sticking with current personale ?

No way. That dude is a 12 year vet. Put a helmet on him. He'll remember what to do.

fezziwig
12-30-2010, 03:40 PM
good point