NW Steeler
12-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Harrison and Troy named.

Dee Dub
12-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Dont worry...they wont be playing in it. :wink:

tiproast
12-28-2010, 08:30 PM
Nice to see some rookies getting recognition. Congrats to Pouncey - he looks as if he'll be the foundation of the next strong O line for you.

There were still too many players getting in based on reputation (and no Pats fans understand why Meriweather was picked - he's the 3rd best safety on the Pats).

StarSpangledSteeler
12-28-2010, 08:48 PM
I don't think there were any Steelers who got "shafted". Timmons was close but he slowed down a little in the second half and his numbers weren't quite enough to overtake the murderer. Plus it might make him a little cheaper to extend next year. Wallace had a great season but I wouldn't put him in over any of the other four WR's. I'm so happy for Harrison. After all the crap he's been through it's nice to see his peers still recognize he's one of the best.

Like someone already said, hopefully none of our guys will be playing in it anyways.

RuthlessBurgher
12-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Peyton Manning over Matt Cassel is a sham.

Manning has 31 TD's and 17 INT's and led his team to a 9-6 record.

Cassel has 27 TD's and 5 INT's and led his team to a 10-4 record.

The Chiefs have won 5 of their last 6 games to take the NFC West (the only loss during that stretch was a 31-0 defeat in which Cassel was unable to play due to an emergency appendectomy).

Dee Dub
12-28-2010, 09:03 PM
I dont understand why Richard Seymour is on the team. Very pedestrian year for him.

Dee Dub
12-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Also....how does a defensive player make it when they have 24 tackles all year?

Let me introduce you to one dimensional Dwight Freeney.

Yeah I know he gets to the QB but 9 sacks isnt even among the league leaders and when add the fact that he is absolutely non-existence in stopping the run its kind of stupid.

birtikidis
12-28-2010, 09:13 PM
I hate saying this but...
I told you so! Gotta love Pouncey!

Dee Dub
12-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Lets see…

DeSean Jackson made it as a WR. How does he stack up against Mike Wallace?

Jackson
45 rec. 1,024 yards 22.8 ypc 6 TD’s

Wallace
57 rec. 1152 yards 20.2 ypc 9 TD’s

Hmmmm???

Perception sometimes is really wrong.

birtikidis
12-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Lets see…

Jackson

Wallace

Hmmmm???

Let me start off.. I believe Wallace deserved to make it.
but, you can't compare Jackson to Wallace because one is in the NFC and the other AFC, what was the talent in comparison?

Discipline of Steel
12-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Lets see…

Jackson

Wallace

Hmmmm???

but, you can't compare Jackson to Wallace because one is in the NFC and the other AFC, what was the talent in comparison?

Quite honestly, i think it is a good comparison. They both play against random NFL quality DBs. If you add in Jackson's contribution on special teams the stats might look a little closer.

birtikidis
12-28-2010, 09:49 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":1xe4cxof]Lets see…

Jackson

Wallace

Hmmmm???

Quite honestly, i think it is a good comparison. They both play against random NFL quality DBs. If you add in Jackson's contribution on special teams the stats might look a little closer.[/quote:1xe4cxof]
what i mean is receiver competition. I haven't followed the NFC at all and haven't even looked to see who made it in. are there fewer good wr's in the NFC?

hawaiiansteel
12-28-2010, 10:23 PM
kudos go out to Maurkice Pouncey, he has started every game this season and has played at a very high level throughout.

I don't even want to think about what our OL and season would have looked like with Justin Hartwig starting at center for another year...

RuthlessBurgher
12-28-2010, 10:29 PM
WR's with 1000 yards so far (AFC Pro Bowlers highlighted in red, NFC Pro Bowlers highlighted in blue):

1 Brandon Lloyd DEN WR 72 1,375 19.1 91.7 71 10 23 9 67 93.1 0
2 Roddy White ATL WR 109 1,327 12.2 88.5 46 9 15 3 69 63.3 1
3 Reggie Wayne IND WR 102 1,287 12.6 85.8 50 5 13 4 68 66.7 1
4 Andre Johnson HOU WR 86 1,216 14.1 93.5 60 8 18 5 59 68.6 1
5 Greg Jennings GB WR 72 1,168 16.2 77.9 86T 12 19 5 49 68.1 2
6 Mike Wallace PIT WR 57 1,152 20.2 76.8 53T 9 24 8 45 78.9 1
7 Calvin Johnson DET WR 77 1,120 14.5 74.7 87T 12 16 3 57 74.0 1
8 Dwayne Bowe KC WR 67 1,094 16.3 72.9 75T 15 19 4 51 76.1 1
9 Hakeem Nicks NYG WR 79 1,052 13.3 80.9 46T 11 20 1 55 69.6 1
10 Santana Moss WAS WR 84 1,041 12.4 69.4 56 6 9 3 57 67.9 2
11 DeSean Jackson PHI WR 45 1,024 22.8 78.8 91T 6 20 8 32 71.1 2
12 Marques Colston NO WR 84 1,023 12.2 68.2 43 7 12 1 57 67.9 0
13 Larry Fitzgerald ARI WR 79 1,012 12.8 67.5 41 5 13 1 51 64.6 0
14 Steve Johnson BUF WR 77 1,001 13.0 66.7 45 10 10 2 58 75.3 0

I'm not overly upset that Wallace didn't make it (although he was certainly deserving of consideration), since 3 guys in the AFC had more receiving yards than him, and the one guy who made it that didn't have as many yards as Wallace has 15 TD's. Then again, the other guys on the Pro Bowl did not have to go through a month with Dennis Dixon and Charlie Batch underthrowing them on a regular basis.

In the NFC, Hakeem Nicks should have made it over Desean Jackson (more catches, more yards, more TD's).

phillyesq
12-28-2010, 10:43 PM
I'm not overly upset that Wallace didn't make it (although he was certainly deserving of consideration), since 3 guys in the AFC had more receiving yards than him, and the one guy who made it that didn't have as many yards as Wallace has 15 TD's. Then again, the other guys on the Pro Bowl did not have to go through a month with Dennis Dixon and Charlie Batch underthrowing them on a regular basis.

In the NFC, Hakeem Nicks should have made it over Desean Jackson (more catches, more yards, more TD's).

I agree with Ruthless - Wallace was certainly deserving of consideration (and I'd hope he's the first alternate), but it's hard to take anything away from the guys that did make it.

cfc107
12-28-2010, 10:47 PM

I agree with Ruthless - Wallace was certainly deserving of consideration (and I'd hope he's the first alternate), but it's hard to take anything away from the guys that did make it.

I like the fact that Wallace didn't make it even though he has the numbers to show he should have made it. This will be a great motivational tool to make him hungrier to improve his game and kick arse in the playoffs and next year!

RuthlessBurgher
12-28-2010, 10:51 PM
I don't buy Logan Mankins being voted in as a starting guard either. Dude voluntarily sat out 7 games in a contract holdout. He's only playing now in order to get his accrued season of service. Don't reward guys who hang their teams out to try for half the season like that.

tiproast
12-28-2010, 10:52 PM
I don't buy Logan Mankins being voted in as a starting guard either. Dude voluntarily sat out 7 games in a contract holdout. He's only playing now in order to get his accrued season of service. Don't reward guys who hang their teams out to try for half the season like that.
Most Pats fans agree with you. Pro Bowl and All Pro status (and other awards) is for players who have played the whole year.

Although we're happy Mankins is back and contributing, we doubt he'll be on the team next year.

hawaiiansteel
12-28-2010, 11:00 PM
Steelers send three players to Pro Bowl
Pouncey, Harrison and Polamalu get the vote

Tuesday, December 28, 2010
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201012/20101225steelers_500.jpg

J. Meric/Getty Images
Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey was named to the Pro Bowl as a rookie.

Maurkice Pouncey has been compared to two of the great centers in Steelers history and now he's accomplished something neither Dermontti Dawson nor Hall of Famer Mike Webster ever achieved.

Pouncey made the Pro Bowl as a rookie.

He is one of three Steelers voted to the NFL's all-star game, joining two multiple Pro Bowlers, linebacker James Harrison and safety Troy Polamalu. Harrison will start for the fourth straight time, and Polamalu, a six-time selection, will make his fifth start. Pouncey made it as the No. 2 center for the AFC team that will play in Honolulu Jan. 30.

The Steelers, though, hope none of their players gets to play in the Pro Bowl because the those from the two Super Bowl teams, which play Feb. 6, will not participate.

Pouncey became the first Steelers rookie to make the Pro Bowl since linebacker Kendrell Bell made it for the 2001 season and the first Steelers rookie offensive linemen to do so since since tackle Frank Varrichione for the 1955 season. Pouncey is the first rookie to start every game since Bell.

He also continues a grand tradition at the center position for the Steelers. Starting in the 1978 season, when Webster made his first of nine Pro Bowls, the Steelers have placed centers in 19 Pro Bowls. Dawson made seven, Jeff Hartings two and Pouncey one.

If no Steelers are added to the Pro Bowl as alternates, it will tie their fewest selections in a decade or since they had one for the 2000 season. Four Steelers were Pro Bowlers last season but only Harrison repeated. The others from last year were casey Hampton, Heath Miller and LaMarr Woodley.

The disappointments for the Steelers will be for those they feel were deserving and did not make the Pro Bowl.

Despite having the NFL's No. 2 overall defense and by far its best defense against the run, the Steelers' top two tacklers did not make it -- Lawrence Timmons and James Farrior, who also has six sacks. And even though he leads the conference with an average of 20.2 yards per catch, ranks fourth with 1,152 yards and tied for fourth with nine touchdown catches, Mike Wallace did not make the Pro Bowl.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10362/11 ... z19SwFwYm7 (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10362/1113995-100.stm#ixzz19SwFwYm7)

RuthlessBurgher
12-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Most Pats fans agree with you. Pro Bowl and All Pro status (and other awards) is for players who have played the whole year.

Although we're happy Mankins is back and contributing, we doubt he'll be on the team next year.

Yeah...it's one thing if a guy dominates and then gets hurt for 4 or 5 games or whatever...a guy like that deserves a Pro Bowl spot, even if he doesn't play the whole year. But a guy who makes the conscious decision to sit out for half a year should not get consideration, IMO.

CanadianSteel
12-28-2010, 11:44 PM
We had a few players that could have made it. Wallace, Woodly, Timmons, Mendy and Farrior all had great years. Am i the only one that thinks Ike should be going to the Pro Bowl?

Real shock was Aaron Rogers not making it, i mean come on check the guys stats!!!

27 TDs 10 INTs 3693 YARDS 101.9 RAT

add to that

335 rushing yards and 4 rushing TDs

Brees and Manning (AFC i know) are great but combined they have 38 INTS!!!

Guss they have to put up 30 INTs each not to make it.

Matt Cassel got shafted as well, 27 TDS 5 INTS. But we will send Manning to another Pro Bowl......

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-29-2010, 08:57 AM
Lets see…

Jackson

Wallace

Hmmmm???

I had to ask...Are you saying the NFC is more talented?

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-29-2010, 09:04 AM
Congrats to Polamalu, Harrison, & especially Pouncey. All are deserving. I don't think anyone on O got snubbed. Wallace's numbers looked good but there are only so many slots and there is alot of deserving players in the AFC. As far as the D, I think Timmons has a strong case. But just like every year, you have to look at who you take off. I wouldn't have been surprised if Timmons, Taylor, or Hampton made it...But by the same time I'm not surprised they didn't. Farrior is having a great year by his standards but I think Timmons would have went first. Fan driven award so take it for what it is worth.

birtikidis
12-29-2010, 02:18 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":1si5ykqd]Lets see…

Jackson

Wallace

Hmmmm???

I had to ask...Are you saying the NFC is more talented?[/quote:1si5ykqd]
no, i'm saying that the NFC receivers are more evenly matched. Though, I don't watch pro football unless it's the steelers. But my guess is: Fitz wasn't nearly as good without a decent qb, Rice missed a lot of time due to injury, and then who else is there that didn't make it?

Dee Dub
12-29-2010, 02:49 PM
Lets compare LaMarr Woodley with Dwight Freeney.

Woodley

48 tackles 8.5 sacks 2 INT’s 5 PD’s 3 FF 2 Rec

Freeney

24 tackles 9 sacks 0 INT’s 2 PD’s 5 FF 0 Rec

I think 1.6 tackles and 0.6 sacks per games is not a pro bowler. Ya talk about overrated.

ramblinjim
12-29-2010, 02:58 PM

Woodley

Freeney

I think 1.6 tackles and 0.6 sacks per games is not a pro bowler. Ya talk about overrated.

Wow! I don't get to watch as much football this year as I have in the past but I didn't realize Freeney's numbers were so low. Of course, I'm kind of surprised by Wood's too but that's another thing...

Dee Dub
12-29-2010, 03:24 PM

Woodley

Freeney

Wow! I don't get to watch as much football this year as I have in the past but I didn't realize Freeney's numbers were so low. Of course, I'm kind of surprised by Wood's too but that's another thing...

Dwight Freeney is the epitome of a one dimensional player. Doesn’t have any affect what so ever in defending the run and he is never asked to drop back in coverage.

Now Lamarr Woodley on the other hand is a pretty good all around OLB/End. He is asked to do everything. He gets knocked a lot for his run defense and his coverage skills but he isn’t nearly as bad as most think he is. In fact I would say he is improving in both areas and is more than adequate. We are very lucky to have him and James Harrison on the ends for this defense. I would hope management will feel the same and lock Wood up.

hawaiiansteel
12-29-2010, 04:27 PM
Probing the 2011 Pro Bowl: The undeserving 10

December 29th, 2010 | Author: Khaled Elsayed

It’s easy enough to make a list of great football players that didn’t get their due in the annual Pro Bowl semi-mockery. But we’re going to go one step further and tell you which guys shouldn’t have gotten a sniff — the 10 most undeserving Pro Bowlers of 2010.

None of the players on this list are completely without merit, but clearly they are also NOT Pro Bowlers either.

So, with hopes that no angry football players track me down and treat me like a tackling dummy …

10 Worst Pro Bowl Selections

1. Maurkice Pouncey, C, Steelers

No. 23 in our center rankings, Pouncey wasn’t the worst run blocker in the world but had some pretty big struggles in pass protection where he has given up 22 quarterback disruptions. For some reason, with the Steelers offensive line struggling, commentators always found time to lavish praise on Pouncey while ignoring his general play.

2. Brandon Meriweather, S, Patriots

Even Patriots fans will be bemused by this one. He’s sixth-to-last in our safety grades, and gave up three touchdowns and 69% of balls where he was the primary coverage. It’s not just the mistakes that make this decision peculiar, it’s the lack of plays he made in comparison to his peers that makes this a shocker.

3. Ray Lewis, MLB, Ravens

We finally saw Lewis start to regress this year after a strong start to the season. He’s not making as many defensive stops as we’re used to seeing from him, and he’s being manhandled far more often than we’ve ever seen. He still has something left, but the consistency in his display has dropped off a cliff. Lawrence Timmons and Bart Scott got robbed.

4. Adrian Wilson, S, Cardinals

What happened to Wilson? A year after doing a good job, Wilson went back to being the overrated player we’d previously known. 10 missed tackles, a terrible seven penalties given up and a lack of plays make this selection almost as puzzling as the Meriweather one.

5. Antrel Rolle, S, Giants

What a horrible year for choosing safeties. It was a surprise to see Rolle handed so much money after his play on the field in Arizona, and much less of a surprise how he has played as a Giant. Our 11th-lowest graded safety had success blitzing and not much else. For a guy that came into the league as a corner you’d expect him to be better in coverage, though his 11 missed tackles aren’t too surprising.

6. Steven Jackson, HB, Rams

He may have picked up plenty of yardage, but how much of that is down to his offensive line and amount of carries? Just 2.6 yards per carry after contact isn’t good enough and Jackson isn’t going to make defenders miss like the top running backs. If you don’t like Ahmad Bradshaw because of his fumbling, then how does LeSean McCoy not make it in?

7. Jahri Evans, RG, Saints

Is this some good will from 2009 carrying over? Evans was the best guard in the league then, but now? Not so much. In fact he’s struggled this year, and nothing highlights this as much as the ten penalties he has given up. Throw in a negative grade for his run blocking and we can only assume people saw the massive contract he got handed in the off-season and assumed it was for his future play.

8. Charles Woodson, CB, Packers

Last year Woodson was the second best corner in the league. But he looks like he’s lost a step and quite clearly isn’t even the best corner on his own team at the moment. The only thing that stopped Woodson giving up more plays were the 12 penalties he committed, and in a year with some very good play from NFC cornerbacks it’s surprising to see Woodson make it to the Pro Bowl.

9. DeAngelo Hall, CB, Redskins

We can only assume Hall made the squad on the back of Jay Cutler deciding to throw balls his way. Outside of that Hall has given up 73.6% of the passes thrown his way and has allowed the eighth-most amount of yardage. Great athlete who can make big plays? Yes. Consistent performance all year round? Not a chance.

10. Tony Gonzalez, TE, Falcons

This is a hard thing to write for a big Gonzo fan. He’s still an asset in the passing game, but he’s not the force he once was and his run blocking (though still praised) isn’t anything like it used to be. He’ll deservedly be a first-ballot Hall of Famer, but that doesn’t mean he needs to be in every Pro Bowl. If you’re looking at a pure receiving option Kellen Winslow would be the guy, while from a more complete perspective we’d be more inclined to go with Vernon Davis who cut down on the penalties (if not the mental mistakes in run blocking). Truth be told it wasn’t a great year for tight end play in the NFC.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20 ... erving-10/ (http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2010/12/29/probing-the-pro-bowl-the-undeserving-10/)

RuthlessBurgher
12-29-2010, 04:27 PM

Woodley

Freeney

And then there is James Harrison, who lives on a whole other planet:

94 tackles 11 sacks 2 INT's 5 PD's 6 FF 0 Rec

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-29-2010, 05:37 PM
Dwight Freeney is the epitome of a one dimensional player. Doesn’t have any affect what so ever in defending the run and he is never asked to drop back in coverage.

What did you say about Demarcus Ware? Oh...Freeney.....honest mistake.

Sugar
12-29-2010, 05:55 PM

Woodley

Freeney

The problem is that you are comparing apples and oranges. Or, in this case, a linebacker and a D-lineman.

Steelgal
12-29-2010, 06:32 PM
I know the fans get a percentage of the vote, then players/coaches get a larger percentage (I believe). Does anyone know the exact breakdown? Some of the players that made it, like every year, are SOOO not deserving. Just wondered the specifics.

Thanks!

hawaiiansteel
12-29-2010, 06:40 PM
I know the fans get a percentage of the vote, then players/coaches get a larger percentage (I believe). Does anyone know the exact breakdown? Some of the players that made it, like every year, are SOOO not deserving. Just wondered the specifics.

Thanks!

players are voted into the Pro Bowl by the coaches, the players and the fans with each group's ballots counting for one third of the votes.

skyhawk
12-29-2010, 08:19 PM
In any other season, when the Steelers aren't the poster children for hits or poor behavior, Timmons, (and/or Farrior), and Mike Wallace ALSO make the Pro Bowl.

Why is anyone surprised at the snub? :HeadBanger

Also, the Steelers D is so consistently good, fans get bored.

Dee Dub
12-29-2010, 08:27 PM

Woodley

Freeney

The problem is that you are comparing apples and oranges. Or, in this case, a linebacker and a D-lineman.

Well I wouldn’t go that far. They both play off the edge. It isn’t like Freeney is an interior D-lineman. More like oranges to tangerines. And I think it still is a good comparison.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
12-30-2010, 01:32 AM
In any other season, when the Steelers aren't the poster children for hits or poor behavior, Timmons, (and/or Farrior), and Mike Wallace ALSO make the Pro Bowl.

I don't think that the Steelers "snubs" are related to the fines etc. I think that the players who made it ahead of them are justified as well and people who are anti-Steeler will vote against any Steelers.

I.E. Wallace didn't make it ahead of Bowe. Either could have made it but there are 25% Steeler fans and the other 75% will always give it to the other deserving player. There is not one Steelers player who is so overwhelming that his omission is an automatic snub.

hawaiiansteel
12-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Pouncey emerges front and center

By: Mike Bires Beaver County Times
Thursday December 30, 2010 12:11 AM

http://media.timesonline.com/thumb/368x276/30pouncey_web771716.jpg

Times photo by LUCY SCHALY Center Maurkice Pouncey gets the ball to Roethlisberger.

PITTSBURGH — On the day the Steelers drafted Maurkice Pouncey, there was no doubt they had secured their next star center. They just weren’t sure he’d be a star this fast.

But as the regular season winds to a close, Pouncey has proven beyond a doubt that he’ll continue a proud lineage that includes Ray Mansfield, Mike Webster, Dermontti Dawson and Jeff Hartings.

Not only has Pouncey started every game this season, he’s playing so well that he’s the Steelers’ first rookie offensive lineman to earn Pro Bowl honors since 1955.

“No, I’m not surprised,” quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said of Pouncey’s Pro Bowl selection. “I’ve been telling you guys (in the media) all along he’s one of the best in the game. He’s going to be the best.”

Webster, who died in 2002, played center so well for the Steelers from 1974-1988 that he was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1997.

Dawson, who played for the Steelers from 1988-2000, is Hall of Fame worthy and one of 25 semifinalists for induction in the Class of 2011.

Webster (nine) and Dawson (seven) combined for 16 Pro Bowl appearances. But neither of them made it to the NFL all-star game as a rookie.

“Those guys were great linemen,” said Pouncey, a former Florida star who was the 18th overall selection in this year’s NFL Draft. “I’m nowhere near where those guys are. I’m just trying to play up to their level.”

When training camp began on Aug. 1, no one knew exactly when Pouncey would move into the starting role at center. Certainly, the Steelers weren’t satisfied with incumbent Justin Hartwig. But they also weren’t happy with right guard Trai Essex, who was marginal at best last year.

So Pouncey started out in camp playing both positions.

“I was ready to play wherever they wanted me to play,” said Pouncey, who turned pro after his junior season as a Gator when he won the Rimington Trophy given annually to the best center in college football.

But after just a few practices, coach Mike Tomlin and his offensive assistants realized that Pouncey could handle the duties at center. So why delay the inevitable?

By the third preseason game, Pouncey had supplanted Hartwig as the starter.

Ever since them, he’s gotten better.

“There are stages to it,” Roethlisberger said of Pouncey’s progression. “After Week 1, you can see he was doing it. It was like ‘Wow! This kid is going to be good. But who knows how long he can keep doing it?’

“Then halfway through the year, it was ‘Wow! He’s getting better. I know he can do this, but he’s going to hit the wall at some point.’

“Then in Week 15, it was ‘He hasn’t hit the wall yet. This is amazing. And he’s still getting better.’”

“He’s the real deal,” offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said. “He’s that good.”

As far as that rookie “wall” that Roethlisberger referred to, Pouncey said it’s not hit him yet. Physically, he feels fine as he prepares for his 20th game of the season (four exhibitions included).

“It’s going great. I can’t complain,” said Pouncey, who’s still only 21 years old. “The hardest part was the mental part, just learning new things every week. The easiest part was the physical part. I thought it was going to be a lot harder physically, but it’s not.”

Pouncey, who’s never been to Hawaii before, is one of three Steelers chosen for the Pro Bowl that will be played Jan. 30 in Honolulu. Linebacker James Harrison and strong safety Troy Polamalu are the others.

But Pouncey, who was named Wednesday as the 2010 winner of the Joe Greene Great Performance Award given annually to the Steelers’ top rookie, will gladly give up an expense-paid trip to Hawaii for something better.

“I’ll give up any individual honors for the Super Bowl,” he said.

After all, there figures to be many more Pro Bowl appearances in the future for Pouncey, who’s already the Steelers’ next great center.

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sport ... enter.html (http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1373/2010/december/30/pouncey-emerges-front-and-center.html)

ScoreKeeper
12-30-2010, 05:26 PM

I don't think that the Steelers "snubs" are related to the fines etc. I think that the players who made it ahead of them are justified as well and people who are anti-Steeler will vote against any Steelers.

I.E. Wallace didn't make it ahead of Bowe. Either could have made it but there are 25% Steeler fans and the other 75% will always give it to the other deserving player. There is not one Steelers player who is so overwhelming that his omission is an automatic snub.
Justified? Stabber Ray over Timmons is "justified"?

The Pro Bowl is meaningless when players who have played better are left off due to name.

Just my opinion.

BradshawsHairdresser
12-31-2010, 09:43 PM
Who cares? The Pro Bowl is a game that's about as close to meaningless as you can get. I'd be happy if no Steelers made the Pro Bowl, as long as we win the Super Bowl.

RuthlessBurgher
01-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Who cares? The Pro Bowl is a game that's about as close to meaningless as you can get. I'd be happy if no Steelers made the Pro Bowl, as long as we win the Super Bowl.

And if we make it the Super Bowl none of our players will be eligible to play in the Pro Bowl anyway, which is the best case scenario. I don't get my panties in a bunch over Pro Bowl selections either, because that only gives player agents more ammo to sweeze more money out of the team when contracts come due, which can negatively impact the team's overall salary cap situation (once we get the cap back again, that is).