PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 2011 opponents coming into focus..

LordVile
12-27-2010, 07:24 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/12/st ... nto-focus/ (http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/12/steelers-2011-opponents-coming-into-focus/)

wouldn't let me copy n paste the article.

winwithd
12-27-2010, 07:55 PM
Looks like an easy schedule either way (AFCN champs or wild-card) to me.

RuthlessBurgher
12-28-2010, 01:20 PM
A lot of travel on the horizon (visiting Seattle, San Francisco, Houston, and Indianapolis for sure). One more perk of winning the division this year (aside from getting the bye and a home game in the divisional round) would be that we would avoid yet another California trip to either San Diego or Oakland (we'd go to Kansas City instead next year if we win the division this weekend).

hawaiiansteel
01-04-2011, 01:54 AM
Long road trips await Steelers in 2011 schedule

By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, January 3, 2011

Four of the Steelers’ eight away games next season will be played west of the Mississippi River, and they will make trips to Houston, Arizona and San Francisco in 2011.

The Patriots, meanwhile, will visit Heinz Field next season for the second consecutive year.

The NFL released teams' opponents for the 2011 season today, and times and dates of the games will be determined later.

The Steelers will play every team in the AFC South as well as the NFC West in addition to the six games they play within the AFC North.

By virtue of winning the AFC North this season, the Steelers play the first-place finishers in the AFC East (Patriots) and the AFC West (Chiefs).

The 2011 NFL schedule could be affected if there is a protracted standoff over a new collective bargaining agreement (CBA).

The NFL Players Association is bracing for owners to lock out the players in March when the current CBA expires.

Steelers’ opponents for the 2011 regular season

HOME OPPONENTS

Bengals
Browns
Ravens
Jaguars
Patriots
Rams
Seahawks
Titans

AWAY OPPONENTS

Bengals
Browns
Ravens
Cardinals
Chiefs
Colts
49ers
Texans

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_716440.html

Oviedo
01-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Long road trips await Steelers in 2011 schedule

By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, January 3, 2011

Four of the Steelers’ eight away games next season will be played west of the Mississippi River, and they will make trips to Houston, Arizona and San Francisco in 2011.

The Patriots, meanwhile, will visit Heinz Field next season for the second consecutive year.

The NFL released teams' opponents for the 2011 season today, and times and dates of the games will be determined later.

The Steelers will play every team in the AFC South as well as the NFC West in addition to the six games they play within the AFC North.

By virtue of winning the AFC North this season, the Steelers play the first-place finishers in the AFC East (Patriots) and the AFC West (Chiefs).

The 2011 NFL schedule could be affected if there is a protracted standoff over a new collective bargaining agreement (CBA).

The NFL Players Association is bracing for owners to lock out the players in March when the current CBA expires.

Steelers’ opponents for the 2011 regular season

HOME OPPONENTS

Bengals
Browns
Ravens
Jaguars
Patriots
Rams
Seahawks
Titans

AWAY OPPONENTS

Bengals
Browns
Ravens
Cardinals
Chiefs
Colts
49ers
Texans

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_716440.html

Nice to have the NFC West next year but AFC South could be four tough games. Still looks like a 10+ win season.

proudpittsburgher
01-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Initial reaction is this is a really favorable road schedule. And I am going to have a good time going down to Indy and rub the 2010 AFCD playoff loss in their faces. :)

NW Steeler
01-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Cool. I will get to see the Steelers play in Seattle. Those whiny b!tches will still be crying about the SB loss. I may have to travel in numbers to preserve my health.

RuthlessBurgher
01-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Cool. I will get to see the Steelers play in Seattle. Those whiny b!tches will still be crying about the SB loss. I may have to travel in numbers to preserve my health.

If they get in your face, just shove them away like Darrell Jackson did.

If they complain about the push, ask them if what you just did is a penalty or not.

That'll shut 'em up. :wink:

NW Steeler
01-04-2011, 01:55 PM

If they get in your face, just shove them away like Darrell Jackson did.

If they complain about the push, ask them if what you just did is a penalty or not.

That'll shut 'em up. :wink:

Nice! No doubt there will be a ton of Steelers fans there.

:tt2

Sugar
01-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Of course, this assumes a 2011 season.

NW Steeler
01-04-2011, 01:59 PM
Of course, this assumes a 2011 season.

Good point. That would be just my luck. The Steelers only travel up here about every 8 years. You have to think that there will be a season. There is just too much money involved.

hawaiiansteel
01-04-2011, 02:41 PM

sorry, the Steelers are not scheduled to play in Seattle next season.

NW Steeler
01-04-2011, 02:44 PM

According to the SteelersDepot post they are.
Pittsburgh Channel.com says that Seattle is playing IN Pittsburgh. If so, that sucks for me.

hawaiiansteel
01-04-2011, 02:56 PM
[quote="NW Steeler":20u5bsgk]Cool. I will get to see the Steelers play in Seattle. Those whiny b!tches will still be crying about the SB loss. I may have to travel in numbers to preserve my health.

According to the SteelersDepot post they are.[/quote:20u5bsgk]

Steelers Depot is wrong...I went to college in Seattle and was looking forward to flying back, visiting old friends and catching the game but unfortunately the Steelers won't be playing in Seattle in 2011. :(

NFL Releases List Of Pittsburgh's Opponents For Next Season

UPDATED: 5:10 pm EST January 3, 2011

PITTSBURGH -- Despite another visit by the hated New England Patriots, the Pittsburgh Steelers are looking at an easier schedule in 2011, at least on paper.

According to the NFL's scheduling formula, the Steelers will play their non-division games against teams from the NFC West and the AFC South teams, plus two AFC division champions -- New England and Kansas City.

At home, the Steelers will play Tennessee, Seattle, St. Louis, Jacksonville and New England.

On the road, Pittsburgh will play at San Francisco, Arizona, Indianapolis, Houston and Kansas City.

And, as always, the Steelers will play two games each -- one at home and one on the road -- against AFC North division rivals Cleveland, Cincinnati and Baltimore.

Only six of Pittsburgh's 16 games will be against teams who qualified for the playoffs this season.

Dates and times of all games will be announced by the NFL in the spring.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/r/2 ... etail.html (http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/r/26352560/detail.html)

NW Steeler
01-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Dammit.

RuthlessBurgher
01-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Dammit.

Well, console yourself with the fact that there won't be a lockout threatening to ruin a season when they actually do come to Seattle in 2015.

Ozey74
01-04-2011, 06:30 PM
Initial reaction is this is a really favorable road schedule. And I am going to have a good time going down to Indy and rub the 2010 AFCD playoff loss in their faces. :)

I will be there to. This will no doubt be a prime time event!

:Beer

hawaiiansteel
01-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Dammit.

A clarification on Steelers' 2011 opponents

January 3rd, 2011

Folks, I have already gotten a couple of emails regarding the Steelers’ home and away opponents in 2011, which was released by the NFL Monday afternoon.

The Steelers play every team in the NFC West next season, per the league’s scheduling rotation, and at first glance it does appear an error was made in the location of two games.

The Steelers are scheduled to play at Arizona and San Francisco while hosting St. Louis and Seattle.

Since the Steelers played at Arizona and St. Louis in 2007 while hosting Seattle and San Francisco, it would stand to reason that they would visit the Seahawks in 2011 and host the Cardinals, not the other way around.

However, the league made a change in its scheduling procedure in 2010 that fixes what it had deemed a competitive imbalance.

The NFL didn’t want teams whose divisions draw the AFC West or NFC West for a given season playing two games on the West Coast -– something that happened with the Steelers in 2006 when they played at San Diego and Oakland -- while others in their division didn’t play any on the West Coast.

That is why the Steelers aren’t playing both the 49ers and Seahawks on the road next season. For anyone who missed it here are the Steelers’ home and away opponents for next season.

The times and dates of the game will be announced this spring.

Home opponents

Bengals

Browns

Ravens

Jaguars

Patriots

Rams

Seahawks

Titans

Away opponents

Bengals

Browns

Ravens

Cardinals

Chiefs

Colts

49ers

Texans

http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the- ... ox+Blog%29 (http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2011/01/03/a-clarification-on-steelers-2011-opponents/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThe PressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29)

Iron Shiek
01-04-2011, 08:27 PM
15-1
8)

hawaiiansteel
01-04-2011, 08:32 PM
15-1
8)

the only loss will be Arians' fault...

Iron Shiek
01-04-2011, 08:36 PM
And no, my loss isn't against the cheaters. its the chiefs. decent up and coming team, arrowhead tough place to play. just a hunch. but the rest of the games are winnable.
:lol:

ikestops85
01-05-2011, 10:22 AM
15-1
8)

the only loss will be Arians' fault...

and only 3 of the victories will be his fault. :moon