PDA

View Full Version : Gotta beat the Browns...

feltdizz
12-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Baltimore won today :twisted:

Leper Friend
12-26-2010, 04:49 PM
I don't see any problem beating the Browns but I would have loved the extra week's rest.There is absolutely nothing on that offense that scare me.There #1 Wr would be a 4 everywhere else in the division.

hawaiiansteel
12-26-2010, 04:50 PM
if we don't beat the Brownies we don't deserve to be the #2 seed with a first-round bye in the playoffs.

our mentality should be that the playoffs begin this Sunday in Cleveland.

Starlifter
12-26-2010, 04:54 PM
they have a pretty good defense. that's what scares me. there's no doubt we are the better team and if we play a complete game in all three phases, no problem. of course we haven't really done that this year. bottom line, we can't beat the stains to win the division - a long road of away games through the playoffs is what we deserve.

steelfin
12-26-2010, 04:56 PM
if we don't beat the Brownies we don't deserve to be the #2 seed with a first-round bye in the playoffs.

our mentality should be that the playoffs begin this Sunday in Cleveland.

$$$$$$

Steelgal
12-26-2010, 05:22 PM
My main concern is with special teams. Ours hasn't been great lately and they have Josh Cribbs. I don't think he's having a really amazing year, but he's always a threat.

Starlifter
12-26-2010, 09:58 PM
My main concern is with special teams. Ours hasn't been great lately and they have Josh Cribbs. I don't think he's having a really amazing year, but he's always a threat.

perhaps we just shouldn't kick to him. The steelers have a long history of not kicking to dangerous return men..............oh wait.

Wolfhound45
12-26-2010, 10:03 PM
perhaps we just shouldn't kick to him.

This. Honestly, I would rather kick it out of BOUNDS every time than kick to Cribbs. Nothing on their offense scares me. Josh Cribbs? He scares me.

sentinel33
12-26-2010, 10:52 PM
No question the Browns will be up for the game next sunday. They would love to make us take the hard road. take it from us right when we think we have it. I f the scenario was reversed my feeings dont change.
But thats not gonna happen. run the piss outta the ball with mendenhall and redman and have ben throw 20 - 25 times. let the Def. do the rest. they will probably end up giving the ball away a couple times anyway. so inept on offense. just play fundamentally sound ball as a preperation for the playoffs and we will beat them soundly. no worries.

and just to reiterate, you reap what you sow, soooo...

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
12-27-2010, 11:12 AM
Like many have said...We control our destiny & can't ask for anything more. This isn't a playoff team we need to beat and beating them is the difference in gaining an extra week of prep & getting some returning starters a crucial extra week to heal. So...Playoff game one is against the Browns. To me, really that simple.

drprwnap
12-27-2010, 01:26 PM
No question the Browns will be up for the game next sunday. They would love to make us take the hard road. take it from us right when we think we have it. I f the scenario was reversed my feeings dont change.
But thats not gonna happen. run the piss outta the ball with mendenhall and redman and have ben throw 20 - 25 times. let the Def. do the rest. they will probably end up giving the ball away a couple times anyway. so inept on offense. just play fundamentally sound ball as a preperation for the playoffs and we will beat them soundly. no worries.

and just to reiterate, you reap what you sow, soooo...

Kinda hard to do when the HC has a love affair with #21. Just sayin'.....

StarSpangledSteeler
12-27-2010, 02:58 PM
Ben could use one more week of getting in synch with our young WR's before the playoffs. Whoever comes into Heinz field is gonna blitz the hell out of us (like the browns will try this week) and Ben's going to need to be ready. More importantly, Sanders, Brown, and even Wallace, need more game reps at hot reads and check downs because I see them cutting the wrong way or running the wrong pattern at least once a game.